Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Silverstar is offline Delightfully Dotty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Keep in mind that the action shows currently airing on The Hub are either Hasbro's own properties or they have some sort of tie-in which suits Hasbro's interests (the reason why The Super Hero Squad Show is on The Hub right now is because Hasbro produces the SHS toy line, and both Batman and Superman have big budget movies out now or in the works which Hasbro can benefit from). Tiny Toon Adventures and Animaniacs are both defunct franchises with no current toy or product lines to promote, so there's no major incentive for Hasbro to acquire either of those shows.

Even if they were to acquire them, there'd still be the question of where and when would they air them? Prime time seems unlikely, weekday afternoons are currently action cartoon territory and The Hub's target audience wouldn't be home to seem them on weekday mornings. There's really no place for TTA or A! on The Hub's current lineup unless Hasbro decided to greatly revamp their schedule (which they could easily do of course, I just don't see them shuffling HuBoom! as long as it's working where it is, and weekday afternoons would be the most desirable time slot for the Silver Age WB shows).

-Hasbro could possibly air them during the 12 PM to 3 PM hours just before HuBoom!, as those slots are currently occupied only by reruns of Pound Puppies and My Little Pony, but seeing as those are 2 of The Hub's biggest hits right now, not to mention active Hasbro properties still producing toys, that too seems unlikely.
    Last edited by Silverstar; 10-21-2012 at 08:16 PM.
    Like cartoons, comedy, riffs, wisecracks, funny video clips and humorous commentary on animation and geek culture? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog.

DonkeyKongSong is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverstar View Post
    Keep in mind that the action shows currently airing on The Hub are either Hasbro's own properties or they have some sort of tie-in which suits Hasbro's interests (the reason why The Super Hero Squad Show is on The Hub right now is because Hasbro produces the SHS toy line, and both Batman and Superman have big budget movies out now or in the works which Hasbro can benefit from).
    Also, didn't Hasbro once distribute toys for BTAS and STAS?

TnAdct1 is offline !!!!!!!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Saw an ad for an airing of Wakko's Wish today while watching the Transformers Prime marathon, and if you're a fan of Animaniacs, it's definitely worth checking out, as the ad features Jess Harnell reprising his role of Wakko Warner, who provides the voice over for the ad.
    Joe Klemm
    Toon Addict for Life and "gated community" member since August, 2002.

"ph34r t3h cute ones" -Megatokyo

Daikun is offline Long Live the Fighter!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well, this is quite a surprise! And it aired on Boomerang not too long ago. I'm impressed they managed to snatch it up so quickly.

Pogorikifan24 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Even though i think this is a one-time only for it to be on The Hub since it's airing it on a Sunday before Monster House (which mostly would be the encore from last night's movie, then another movie). Plus, Cartoon Network and Boomerang always airs the movie once in a while during the fall. So the show airing on The Hub is unlikely if they can ever find a way to seal it, or like SilverStar.. until they find something that would fit on the schedule that best suits the timeslot (like Primetime).

And Also, i don't think "every" show has to be based on the toyline (even if it's Hasbro). Sometimes, most of the shows can be either have something that's related to the Channel (like Betty's Watch is the shape of the Hub logo, and Margert's work on shows like Fraggle Rock, or Jem), or to Promote it for an upcoming movie that coming soon (Men in Black, Batman, Conan, and probably Superman for next year).

Dragnatek is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm finding the ads for Wakko's Wish to be interesting. It has Wakko saying he wishes Animaniacs was on the Hub. Sure I'm probably reading into it too much but maybe they are trying to get the series.

CartoonFridays is offline Promoted to detective.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Geez, Wakko sounds a bit off.
    Young lady, I'm an expert on humans!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragnatek View Post
    I'm finding the ads for Wakko's Wish to be interesting. It has Wakko saying he wishes Animaniacs was on the Hub. Sure I'm probably reading into it too much but maybe they are trying to get the series.
    That's what i'm thinking from the promo, and that Wakko's voice actor reprised his role in it (like how Kevin Conroy returned as the voice Batman in some promos when Batman: TAS aired). But it's just plain speculation from the mind, this also happened me the same way when i thought Peewee's Playhouse is going air because of PeeWee's Big Adventure promo saying at the near end.. "Welcome to the Hub, PeeWee!". But it didn't as of yet, but it was probably for just the movie.
    Last edited by Pogorikifan24; 11-04-2012 at 04:57 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, i'm not joking.. After finishing off the movie, they were airing a short of the Animaniacs episode (which is the Power Rangers parody). This is just very surprising to me that they did it! But i don't know if that was from the movie on the DVD?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pogorikifan24 View Post
    Well, i'm not joking.. After finishing off the movie, they were airing a short of the Animaniacs episode (which is the Power Rangers parody). This is just very surprising to me that they did it! But i don't know if that was from the movie on the DVD?
    There is no DVD. This segment was also used as filler when it aired on Kids WB in 2000.
    (Insert plug here)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast