Keeper is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Some old Animaniacs song parodies I wrote

Like This Thread!
    Haven't been on this forum for a while. I keep disappearing for long stretches. Bad Keeper.

Anyway, a few months ago I made a little video presentation of some Animaniacs-related song parodies I had written way back when the show was still airing. Thought you all might enjoy them, despite my bad singing.

They're parodies of The Brady Bunch theme, The Beverly Hillbillies theme, and American Pie.

Oh yes, this video includes an image of the coloring book pages I had mentioned last time I visited this forum. I had mentioned that it had the most disturbing officially licensed Animaniacs artwork I'd ever seen...
    Last edited by Keeper; 04-07-2012 at 04:44 AM.

Narfpinky is offline ~splash~
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    *applause*

Nice work, Keeper. I sing much worse than that.
    I would have loved to have known you back in Animaniacs and the rest of the silver age in its heyday.
    I didn't have a computer until about late '98, right at A!'s twilight and PE&TB started, but I didn't have any internet until about a year later(The Big Cartoonie Show era).

I felt something was really lost after that point -- granted all good things come to an end -- but I, too, was expecting the talented forces behind those show to reappear in a new series. I had some anticipation of something like A!, P&TB, TTA, etc., to materialize, but that just didn't happen.
    Why Brain? What do we want to do tomorrow night? Throw a slumber party?

wiley207 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not bad. Back when George W. Bush was still president, around 2006-2007 I made up a new ending for the Animaniacs "President" song, but with VERY MINIMAL Bush criticism that was actually somewhat relevant to the song...

Jimmy Carter liked campaign trips,
    and Ronald Regan's speech's scripts
    all came from famous movie clips,
    and president Bush said "Read my lips."

Then in Washington D.C.,
    there's democrats and the G.O.P.,
    but the one in charge was plain to see,
    Bill Clinton and his Hilary!

The next president to lead the way,
    well it's George W. Bush to this day,
    but the press distorts everything he sayyyys...
    So he'll jump in his plane and fly away!

EJLD4Ever is offline Animation Student
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiley207 View Post
    Not bad. Back when George W. Bush was still president, around 2006-2007 I made up a new ending for the Animaniacs "President" song, but with VERY MINIMAL Bush criticism that was actually somewhat relevant to the song...

Jimmy Carter liked campaign trips,
    and Ronald Regan's speech's scripts
    all came from famous movie clips,
    and president Bush said "Read my lips."

Then in Washington D.C.,
    there's democrats and the G.O.P.,
    but the one in charge was plain to see,
    Bill Clinton and his Hilary!

The next president to lead the way,
    well it's George W. Bush to this day,
    but the press distorts everything he sayyyys...
    So he'll jump in his plane and fly away!
    Maybe you should write an Obama-centric verse for that song as well.

Speaking of which, when the whole "Revival campaign" was going on, I thought to myself, "If they're gonna revive this show they're gonna have to rewrite the second verse to the theme song to eliminate the reference to former president Clinton." Here's my rewrite of that verse:

We're Animaniacs!
    Dot is cute and Yakko yaks
    Wakko packs away the snacks
    We all shop at TJ Maxx
    We're Animaniacs!

I don't know. Maybe someone can come up with something better...

NOTE: I am well aware that there was an attempt to rewrite that line in case Clinton did not get re-elected in 1996, but that was only temporary (obviously).
    SRD+CNW 12/18/09-3/27/11

Craig Crumpton is offline This is a close-up?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    *sniff* That last one choked me up a little there, Keeper. Well done, and don't feel bad about your vocals. You wrote the lyrics and created the background tracks and sang the vocals as well. That makes you three times more talented than the millions of hacks uploading mostly crap to youtube.

Clever job on the lyrics as well. I only wish you had divided these into three separate videos for each song parody.

I have some A!/P&TB parodies I've written as well -- have even performed one of them at a convention. Yet I've never published the lyrics on the web or made a video to share on youtube with the fandom.

But that's going to change in the next 12 months. I have been developing an album of animation-inspired pop music parodies that I will be going into the studio to record and it will include at least 3 A!/P&TB-inspired spoofs on songs by Coldplay, John Mellencamp, and Adele.

I was actually planning to contact you, Keeper, to see if you would be interested in partnering with me on one of the songs with your piano skills and savvy at composing piano arrangements of other songs. If all goes well, these songs will also be featured on toonzone.
    Craig Crumpton, Toon Zone Staff (since 1999) | Publisher: Voice Actors in the News
    Host: Animated Media Collectors (Facebook group)
    Personal blog: VoxInSox: And knowing is half the babble