Quantcast
    thomas2313412 is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Pictures from tiny toons episode Buster and Babs Go Hawaiian (tell me where does this refer from?

Like This Thread!
    In one scene of the episode ,buster and babs wallet get stolen and freak out and then a guy in a trenchcoat later revealed the one who stole their money tell the viewers "what will you do?" where does this refer from? and here are the pictures to see what they look like with words :

Babs: i hope i bought money for replacements

Babs:Oh no all my money is gone!

Buster:Mine too!

Babs:OHHHH! BUSSTER!
    Babs:we're broke and miles away from Home!

Babs:WHAT WILL WE DO!

Trenchcoat guy:Your money is stolen ,your luggage is eaten and you're million miles away from home what will you do,What will you do?

Babs(still crying):well,what will we do?

Trenchcoat guy:Gee i don't know ,but i just like saying....

Trenchcoat guy:...."what will you do?" Bye.

Buster (noticing the TCG's nose):That Guys nose is huge!

Okay these are the picture and words i showed you now tell me where is it referenced and parodied from?

snowpeck is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure it was a joke about Karl Malden's old American Express commercials ("Don't leave home without it.")
    Arriba! Arriba! Andale! Andale! Eee-hah!

Silverstar is offline Comfortably Dumb
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The scene was a parody of the old American Express credit card commercials ("Don't leave home without it!"). The "trench coat guy", was a caricature of Karl Malden, who regularly appeared in those spots.

BTW, not to nitpick, but you refer to something, not from it.
    Like cartoons, comedy, riffs, wisecracks, funny video clips and humorous commentary on animation and geek culture? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbro View Post
    The scene was a parody of the old American Express credit card commercials ("Don't leave home without it!"). The "trench coat guy", was a caricature of Karl Malden, who regularly appeared in those spots.

BTW, not to nitpick, but you refer to something, not from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowpeck View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was a joke about Karl Malden's old American Express commercials ("Don't leave home without it.")
    You know what you two were right about it
    in fact this card "acme express" is a parody of american express credit card

which buster bunny has it

much to bugs bunny shock

that buster stole from him

even giving buster a bill for giving too much credit with his card

Thanks for referencing it to me.

Peter Paltridge is offline It's worth iiiiiiiit
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbro View Post
    They were still running at the time that episode first aired. A typical ad from that campaign would show somebody stranded in a foreign country because their money was stolen or their luggage with their money in it went missing. Karl would narrate while standing nearby, unseen to everybody, and tell the audience threateningly, "DON'T leave HOME WITHOUT THEM," referring to Traveller's Checks (which could be recovered if stolen).

There was also another 80's ad parodied in "Buster and Babs Go Hawaiian," Q-Tips had some ads going back then that boasted their swabs had "50% more cotton" than any generic brand.
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: The new Electric Wonderland cartoon concludes today! Can the wacky wonderful Internet personality Jon-Trawn uncover the real conspiracy?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Uh yeah Q-tip too i get it okay i understand now anyway thank you for referencing the pictures to me okay? and yes that script of the episode is written by the fan of tiny toons who are three girls