Quantcast
    Katarain is offline Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Advice Needed: Selling Plush Brain in Santa Suit

Like This Thread!
    Hi! This is my first post. I joined because I have a couple of Pinky and the Brain plush dolls that I need to sell, and I need advice from the experts (you guys) on what my asking price should be. I have been unable to find any pictures online of the Brain plush that I have, so it leads me to believe it might be hard to find, thus, valuable to a collector. But maybe I'm just not googling it right. Anyway, I have 4 pictures of Brain in a Santa Suit--any advice on where I could put the pictures so I can post them? I don't use any photo hosting sites, so I'm pretty clueless about them. Thanks! -Katarain

I figured it out! Here are the pictures:

Narfpinky is offline ~splash~
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    [Howdy, I did some cleaning up on this thread.]

If I assume you're selling them online like ebay, take a look at other seller's auctions there.
    I looked at just a couple plushies where starting bids ranged in $15-$30. What you really can get depends on what anyone's willing to bid or pay for even the rarest of plushies.

Now, you were asking for advice, so please don't post about actual auctions or sales on the forums for that is considered spam.

Good luck.
    Why Brain? What do we want to do tomorrow night? Throw a slumber party?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you for cleaning up this thread. I appreciate it.

I haven't put them up for sale yet, although I guess that ebay is my best bet. The other plushy is Pinky, with no special outfit.

The problem is that I cannot find a santa Brain plushy for sale on Ebay anywhere, and I checked the completed sales as well. I can't even find a picture of one in google images, and you would think a collector would have posted a picture of their collection that included a Santa Brain at some point in the history of the Internet. It actually baffles me quite a bit. So I guess what I am most interested in from people here is if they've ever seen a santa Brain before. I saw an elf Pinky on ebay, which makes me think that the Santa Brain and the Elf Pinky were probably sold together.

Thanks for the information on the posting of actual sales. I couldn't find any rules regarding selling items for this forum, so I was hoping that posting about my intention to sell wasn't against the rules.

Craig Crumpton is offline This is a close-up?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Katarain
    ...any advice on where I could put the pictures so I can post them? I don't use any photo hosting sites, so I'm pretty clueless about them.
    I see you went with photobucket -- good choice. I use it as well. Flickr.com is also very popular.

Also wanted to inform you that we have a running thread where you can show off your collection pics:

http://www.toonzone.net/forums/showt...-related-stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Katarain View Post
    The problem is that I cannot find a santa Brain plushy for sale on Ebay anywhere, and I checked the completed sales as well. I can't even find a picture of one in google images, and you would think a collector would have posted a picture of their collection that included a Santa Brain at some point in the history of the Internet.
    There probably were some at one time. Some fan collection galleries were lost when Yahoo dropped Geocities. Wakkanne (if she's still around) still has a fanpage archiving all of the known Warners plush released up until around 2000, and complete with pics too.

And I think "Kane" (who goes by "Narfcake" here on the forums, I believe) maintained a couple collector-related fanpages too, like the "FABOO" (text-only A! merch list).

Which reminds me... I'm long overdue for a new post on my personal blog featuring items from my A!/P&TB collection, like this one.

So I guess what I am most interested in from people here is if they've ever seen a santa Brain before. I saw an elf Pinky on ebay, which makes me think that the Santa Brain and the Elf Pinky were probably sold together.
    I've not only seen one, I owns one. And they were not sold as a set as I recall. And it seems they were exclusive to the WB Studio Store.

As for an asking price -- that's entirely up to you. I would suggest researching current ebay prices on both Animaniacs/Warners and P&TB plushies which are around the same price, and keep in mind that WBSS exclusives are now harder to come by because they were produced in smaller quantities than those released by other manufacturers.

Ultimately, a collector is going to pay their price for it, which I can tell you from personal experience (although I haven't bought anything off ebay since the 90s). But when I was in the market for A!/P&TB items, sometimes the price didn't matter to me. It seems like I bought Santa Brain and Elf Pinky as a pair off ebay for about $20, but that was also like 14 years ago.

And this goes without saying, but if the list price is too high, it won't sell. But again, it all depends on what a collector is willing to pay.
    Craig Crumpton, Toon Zone Staff (since 1999) | Publisher: Voice Actors in the News
    Host: Animated Media Collectors (Facebook group)
    Personal blog: VoxInSox: And knowing is half the babble

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the advice. Now I just have to get my ebay account set up.