Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Mr.Cloudman is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Aquadementia View Post
    The current Lola has quirks and personality which you really need if you want to do comedy.
    But she's still your lower class (often pre-pubecent) Disney Channel character. The one who doesn't know any better. And with her upper class ideals, she just comes up as the tragic, unsympathetic airhead ditz you just feel pity about. A really bad joke.
    Why doesn't she have a profession or job or something? Why doesn't she get cranky like a *beep* sometimes? Why isn't she stalking women for love as well?
    These are the flaws I see in her current form. She's the conservatively desirable, so to speak.

Her "DMV" cameo made me a bit angry, since women still has a reputation of being bad drivers. A sour, bad joke that didn't need airplay.

I'm gay, so I know a thing or two about women.
    Last edited by Mr.Cloudman; 10-28-2011 at 07:21 PM.

Silverstar is offline Sub-Genius
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Cloudman
    Why doesn't she have a profession or job or something?
    Who on the show does have a profession or job besides Speedy Gonzales and Mac & Tosh? We saw Porky at work in the episode "Bugs & Daffy Get a Job", but he got fired at the end.

Why doesn't she get cranky like a *beep* sometimes? Why isn't she stalking women for love as well?
    Dude, seriously? Keep in mind that we are talking about a kids' show here. A bisexual cartoon animal would never get past the PTA. TLTS would immediately be labeled "That gay cartoon" and it would be canceled faster than you can say "mid-season replacement". Some of us may be open minded enough for that sort of thing, but network executives aren't. They like to play it as safely as possible. I can guarantee that what you're describing for Lola will never happen on the show outside of fan fiction.

As previously stated, it might be for the best if you just create your own original toon rabbit, as that's basically what you're doing here now.
    Last edited by Silverstar; 10-28-2011 at 10:04 PM.
    Got a minute? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog for crazy opinions on cartoons and geek culture. New name. New address. Same geekiness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbro View Post
    Dude, seriously? Keep in mind that we are talking about a kids' show here.
    That's a really poor reason. The anxiety PTA lays over the studios is astounding. They really need to step back a few miles. Is LGBT really that taboo? I demand a repellent of DADT in cartoons.

And another thought that hit me is this. Make a "The Looney Tunes Show: Enhanced or Something" for Adult Swim. Would that be a good idea? My Lola would definitly fit there, right?
    Last edited by Mr.Cloudman; 10-28-2011 at 09:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not saying that it's right or wrong, but that's how it is.

As for having an Adult Swim version of The Looney Tunes Show, that might be interesting to see (though not a necessary move, IMHO), but I don't think that Warner Brothers wants to "color" the LT characters' image by making them too hard edged. I'm sure that WB wants to keep the Looney Tunes accessible to all ages. An TV-MA version of Looney Tunes would be a very niche market and would not be nearly as marketable.

And I personally think that Lola fits in with this series just fine without turning her into Lady Gaga. It just seems to me that you're looking for a different character entirely. One that was never going to be depicted on the show.
    Got a minute? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog for crazy opinions on cartoons and geek culture. New name. New address. Same geekiness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    And I personally think that Lola fits in with this series just fine without turning her into Lady Gaga. It just seems to me that you're looking for a different character entirely. One that was never going to be depicted on the show.
    Well, I'm just asking for a compromize. Mixin' them up, ya know. The old Lola + the new Lola = the ultimate Lola? Let's just wait for the new TMNT, since they're using the same formula.

Lemanic is offline Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Cloudman View Post
    Why doesn't she have a profession or job or something?
    Her "quirkyness" + office spaces = havoc . Especially, since that office will look like a complete mess. Funnier if she's the boss and every staff member has to deal with her, like a "Paris Hilton's New BFF" spoof.

Shawn Hopkins is offline TZ Member of the Year 2013
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    Nah, she has no future.
    I take it back. I love the new Lola. She's hilarious. She's wacky. She's one of the best things bout the new show.

Also, she's clearly a rich socialite. She doesn't really need a job.
    Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

I'm very humble, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins

I take it back. I love the new Lola. She's hilarious. She's wacky. She's one of the best things bout the new show.

Haha I find her a good addition to the show

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins
    So basically, London Tipton from "The Suite Life" with a "Lady & the Tramp" twist going on.
    That sounds "Warner Bros", right?

I'm taking your word for that description, since the show itself hardly explains anything to us.
    Last edited by Lemanic; 01-13-2012 at 07:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I also love the new her! ^^ She's awesome like she is now. :P Love her wacky style haha.
    IJ130: 2003 - 2012
    G2129: 1987 - 2003
    ----------------------------
    LF378: 1998 - 2006
    A250: 1987 - 1998

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lola Bunny...

I've heard all about how she has no personality(Though at the end of Space Jam she started acting a little "looney" so to speak) and her annoying stalker-like personality in The Looney Tunes Show. So my question to you guys is that what should her character be like? What should be done differently about her? Should Warner Bros. build on Lola's looney personality given at the end of Space Jam?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    A mix of 'em both is the best solution. As a lead female role, she has to have some depth while keeping the gags goin', like Pinkie Pie, feisty & fun.
    And I'm sooo sick of the perverts who want's to drop the "bunny boobies" because it's "distracting". She's a grown-up woman, right, and women have breasts, right?
    And drop Kirsten Wiigs voice, please? She sounds like Snooki, which isn't funny at all, just mean-spirited.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CinaMel View Post
    Drop Kirsten Wiigs voice, please? She sounds like Snooki, which isn't funny at all, just mean-spirited.
    Kristen Wiig is a popular comedienne in high demand now, so unless she gets too busy to continue doing the voice, they won't be dropping her anytime soon.

I haven't heard anyone else say Wiig's Lola sounds like Snooki, and in 2 years no one will even remember who Snooki is, so I would classify that as a non-issue.

Dragnatek is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Who? Is that some Jersey shore character? Because I have no clue who that is and never will if that's the case. I avoid things that I have no interest in what so ever like that.

Anyway I like the new Lola but I do hope she is toned down for season two. I like it when she acts crazy but not too fond of the whole stalker aspect.

Shawn Hopkins is offline TZ Member of the Year 2013
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Looney Tunian View Post
    I've heard all about how she has no personality(Though at the end of Space Jam she started acting a little "looney" so to speak) and her annoying stalker-like personality in The Looney Tunes Show. So my question to you guys is that what should her character be like? What should be done differently about her? Should Warner Bros. build on Lola's looney personality given at the end of Space Jam?
    She's fine the way she is now.

Kristen Wiig is a popular comedienne in high demand now, so unless she gets too busy to continue doing the voice, they won't be dropping her anytime soon.

I haven't heard anyone else say Wiig's Lola sounds like Snooki, and in 2 years no one will even remember who Snooki is, so I would classify that as a non-issue.
    Wiig's hilarious in the role, too. Watch the president's video. And she sounds nothing like Snooki.

And as for breasts, well, technically she should have eight. Real world biology doesn't mean much in this argument.
    Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

I'm very humble, too.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well, Kristen is WAY better in live-action than as a voice-over. Totally respect her in "Bridesmaids" and "Paul". She should just stick to that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CinaMel View Post
    Well, Kristen is WAY better in live-action than as a voice-over. Totally respect her in "Bridesmaids" and "Paul". She should just stick to that.
    Opinion ≠ fact. Lots of people love Wiig as Lola. WBA isn't going to fire her because 1 person thinks she sounds like Snooki.

Djm912 is offline GREETINGS, GENTLEVIEWERS!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Her role as Lola is the first time I've ever liked Kristen Wiig in anything, so I hope she stays.

And the more crazies there are around Bugs and the crazier they are, the better it makes him.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Djm912 View Post
    And the more crazies there are around Bugs and the crazier they are, the better it makes him.
    She's not crazy, just awkward. Awkward because she's insecure. Insecure because she's a parody of a damsel in distress, which would've been tolerable in the late 80's (The Legend of Zelda, anyone), but now's a stock character at idle. Like listening to dupstep after listening to EBM. What's new, really?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kirsten is the best voice for her, I hope she stays, and I like her the way she is. She shouldn't be toned town, and her breasts are just fine.
    IJ130: 2003 - 2012
    G2129: 1987 - 2003
    ----------------------------
    LF378: 1998 - 2006
    A250: 1987 - 1998

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast