Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb I Know That Voice: Voice Acting Documentary

Like This Thread!

Here's the trailer for a documentary about voice actors called "I Know That Voice" starring interviews with:

Cree Summer
    Charlie Adler
    June Foray
    Kevin Micahel Richardson
    E.G. Daily
    Jess Harnell
    Nika Futterman
    Tom Kenny
    Will Ryan
    Billy West
    David Kaye
    Eric Bauza

Andrea Romano
    Tara Strong
    John Di Maggio
    Maurice La Marche
    Jeff Bennett
    Kevin Conroy
    And More

Here's the offical Facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/iknowthatvoice

Lawrence Shapiro directs I Know That Voice, a documentary that looks at the lives and careers of the voice actors behind animated series, TV commercials and movie trailers. Interviews include such famous voices as "Futurama" stars Billy West and John DiMaggio, Tom Kenny ("Spongebob Squarepants") and more dive into the history and craft of voice acting, calling back to names like Mel Blanc ("Looney Tunes") and June Foray (Rocky from "Rocky and Bullwinkle"), who paved the way for today's voice talents. The film doesn't currently have a release date yet, but should see the light of day sometime in 2013.

Craig Crumpton is offline This is a close-up?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for sharing this, Bonnie.

I first heard about this project from John DiMaggio at Dragon*Con 2012 (where I served as moderator for the voice actor cartoon panels). It seemed they had just begun shooting footage at the time and couldn't give much detail about the project. Glad to see it has grown exponentially since that time, and very pleased to see so many great talents involved.

You can count on voiceactorsnews.com to provide ample promotion for the production as the release date nears.
    Craig Crumpton, Toon Zone Staff (since 1999) | Publisher: Voice Actors in the News
    Host: Animated Media Collectors (Facebook group)
    Personal blog: VoxInSox: And knowing is half the babble

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So looking forward to this doco

Hear about this a while ago when I saw the clip ... looks great. Can't wait for this to land.