Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    kiddiesunshine is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Gamefly.com Cheated Me!

Like This Thread!
    Let me start off by saying this is my first time buying anything straight from the internet. After much trepidation, I decided to take a chance and buy a game from Gamefly.com, the new game selling and rental site.
    I bought Guilty Gear X2 there for $26.98. Right after the transaction was completed, I checked my bank account online (and my browser was tested and I have the strongest encryption possible) and I was about $44 short! There were two other transactions in the amount of $1.00 and $21.95. I know for a fact that $21.95 is the exact amount gamefly charges for their membership service. I didn't sign up for membership. I sent them 2 emails and I'm gonna send my bank a dispute form. Damn online purchasing...
    I hate myself and I want to die.

Joe Mama is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It sounds like you got REALLY jiped out of your money. If in turn you find out they are cheating you, you should take this to some authorities.

RedBoot is offline GO! Pringer X!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Actually, as far as I know, you have to be a member of Gamefly to purchase used games there. After all, selling used games isn't their primary business, it's renting games. Buying used games at rather cheap prices is just kinda an extra benefit of being a member there.

Joe Mama is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBoot
    Actually, as far as I know, you have to be a member of Gamefly to purchase used games there. After all, selling used games isn't their primary business, it's renting games. Buying used games at rather cheap prices is just kinda an extra benefit of being a member there.
    Ok, so you have to be a member if you want the low prices?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah. Like I said, you join Gamefly to rent games. If you really like a game that you've rented, then they let you purchase it for a used price (although some games can't be bought, such as most really new ones and some older hard to find ones). If you want to use Gamefly soley to purchase games, then you're wasting your money. If you use Gamefly to rent games and then purchase the occasional title, then it's definetly worth it.

I just joined GF myself (Gabe at Penny Arcade's testimonial the other day convinced me), and it looks great. I've got PN03 and Ikaruga coming already. PN03 is the kind of game you can beat in a rental, so it's better to play it this way rather than buying it. As for Ikaruga, I've been waiting for its price to drop. But with this, I can play it and see if I actually like it (very likely, I have yet to play a Treasure game I dislike), and then I can buy it from them for $29 if I want to.

The Blockbuster near me is horrible, so GF is a godsend for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ok. If I am a member, why is it that I have none of the membership options like changing my membership plan? Also, there's supposed to be a 10 day free trial at the end of which I am supposed to be billed. If that's the case, why was I billed on the first day I supposedly joined? My billing period shouldn't be until the 12th of October. I'm getting my money back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, I do know why you got the initial charge. When you start the 10 day free trial, GameFly puts a charge for $21 on your card. But it's just a test, mostly to make sure the credit card exists. The $21 charge then goes away, and when the trial is over, they start billing you.

Check and see if that charge is gone, it should be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think I know what happened! Look at this:

"As a security precaution, we will perform an authorization on your card for $21.95. This is NOT a charge, but some banks will hold these funds for 1-5 business days."

I knew nothing about this. Sorry, everybody. I've been screwed over so many times I tend to overreact. Please forgive me. So I think it's safe to assume that after the 1-5 business days I can expect to see that money returned. Whew. I feel so much better now. I can trust again.

Cyporiean is offline lvl 99 Otaku
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yeah, its just card authorization.. no bigy..

whats really annoying is when they charge double of whatever you ordered (The charge and the authorization = same price) and then something else happenens to hit shortly after, causing it to be declined and possibley lost -_-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That hasn't happened yet, but please don't give me anything else to worry about.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast