Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chris Sanders MSX is offline The MAN is back
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Are Bowser and King Koopa the same Guy ?

Like This Thread!
    I've always wondered this.

In the beggining, there was this lizard he was feared by all in the Mushroom Kingdom. He was big, green all over and wore a crown on his head, he went by the alias King Koopa.

Then one day things just changed. He took a new name, Bowser (Koopa). Lost the crown, grew red hair, and lost all the green on his body except in the face.

Isn't it just a little weird that Koopa went through so many changes and nobody questioned it. Or went..wait. That's not Koopa. It's like everyone just quietly accepted it with no explaination. Well I want one .

Either these two are not the same lizard or Koopa actaully succeeded in killing someone and is now under the wittness relocation program.

King Koopa

Bowser Koopa
    Last edited by Chris Sanders MSX; 10-23-2002 at 09:31 PM.

-Chris Sanders... check the video, yo
    IF YOU LIKE POKEMON, YOU'LL LOVE THIS VIDEO
    FREE NERD RAP ALBUM
    AVAILABLE ON MY WEBSITE

Andy Mancini is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes. I think they gave him a real name in "Super Mario 3" because he magically had kids.

Matt Hazuda is offline Nerfariously planning
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well I thought I remember hearing his full name as "Bowser: King of Koopas"

Either that or the japanese called him Bowser at first and King Koopa in the US. I'll have to pull out my orginal SMB instructions to check on the name thing.
    Yup. It's a signature. Go away if you're expecting something interesting here.

John Miles is offline INTARNET WINNAR :)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think they decided to start calling him Bowser because that was his Japanese name, similar to how Princess Toadstool became Peach because that's what she was called in Japan.

TimTwoFace is offline Mod, and Minotaur Bait
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ahhh, now it all makes sense. I've been wondering that for years now.

I still prefer to think of Wario as Mario's arch-nemesis, though.

-Tim
    CANADA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The name I got but explain the cosmetic change, I mean they gave him an overhaul. Not like Mario where they just switched up the color of his shirt and overalls(his overalls used to be red with a blue shirt).

FREE NERD RAP ALBUM
    AVAILABLE ON MY WEBSITE

czyznyck99 is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That King Koopa interpretation you have from the SMB cartoons is just another rendition. Bowser and King Koopa are the same. Hey, e-mail Nintendo and see what they say...

As far as the change-over, I think it is a slightly better character design. Give him a crown to actually make him a king, and more green to add more royal colors, and mke him stand upright like a proud evil king.

Later.

bfmusashi is offline looking to the stars...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yep, Bowser and King Koopa are the same. He just looks different in the Mario Bros. Super Show. Back in the first few Mario games, Bowser really didn't have a set image, so different artists and games altered or occasionally elaborated on his looks.

Nin-Nin69 is offline [CUE SQUEALING FANGIRLS]
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Of course they are the same. Those silly Americans though it would be cool to chane his name. Also since the creators of video game cartoons didn't know #### about how the charactrers looked, they made up their own looks compared to the screen. Take Count Dracula Vlad Tepes from Castlevania for an example. We first saw him like this........

http://www.mobygames.com/game/covers...eCoverId,5575/

So the morons of DIC though that he had the face and the personality of the Joker so they made him like this......

And now we only know him like this...........

The name is the same, but the American idea is different. Or for short Akuma=Gouki.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by bfmusashi
    Yep, Bowser and King Koopa are the same. He just looks different in the Mario Bros. Super Show. Back in the first few Mario games, Bowser really didn't have a set image, so different artists and games altered or occasionally elaborated on his looks.
    But on the NES Games he was all green and stuff. He didn't get all cool looking until..well I dunno. I just know he looked different when it came to the SNES game. But you guys convinced me.

And here I was hoping Bowser came and knocked King Koopa off, to become the ultimate baddie...who gets beat by a plumber.

FREE NERD RAP ALBUM
    AVAILABLE ON MY WEBSITE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast