Quantcast
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Takao is offline Fight the darkness all around
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

The combat looks surprisingly good, but everything else ... well, it looks like what I expected. The runner section looked really awful. At least this one isn't a $60 retail product.
    I Miss Bionix - Canada's only source for anime news
    Project Rising Beetle - The #1 English Medabots community
    NearVita.com - Exclusive news, reviews and more on the PlayStation Vita

Takao is offline Fight the darkness all around
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The game launched today. Some of the early reviews have been pretty negative.
    I Miss Bionix - Canada's only source for anime news
    Project Rising Beetle - The #1 English Medabots community
    NearVita.com - Exclusive news, reviews and more on the PlayStation Vita

Aldrius is offline Arrogant Instigator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Takao View Post
    The game launched today. Some of the early reviews have been pretty negative.
    I've played the game through and I find the reviews REALLY unfair.

They complain about the lack of story, and then nitpick the gameplay like crazy. The game is FUN. It's a very solid action brawler. It's very simple, maybe overtly so, but it's not buggy and it's not unfair, and platinum REALLY managed to get the bending from the show almost perfectly. The story is bare bones, but a lot of the tropes from the first two season of Korra are there and they're done fine. The villains pretty pathetic, and while i would have LIKED a more engrossing story it's not a deal breaker.

I think destructoid's review was a lot more accurate than gamespot's or IGN's. It's a 7/10 game. It's fun, it's a nice diversion, but that's it.

"You still race in the games, do you... guardian?.. For what!? Putting a show on for the masses are we? The young pretender!? To mend and defend... who will defend you the next time we meet!? Have your fun boy... while you can." - Megabyte

"They took everything, Bruce. My dad, my life... you. I'm not saying it's right or even sane... but it's all I have left. So either help me or get out of the way!"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123