Quantcast
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    defunctzombie is offline Cutie Pie
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    I remember playing LoZ where you literally had no more help than "dodongo dislikes smoke". As much as I want to slap Navi, I think her and Tatl were a good balance of assistance. Now for this new one, if they ditch the waggle controls, there are half the tutorials out the window.
    Stalemate Resolution Associate for Video Games and Cafe Toonzone
    tumblr/Nintendo ID: defunctzombie

Jave is offline Beware of the SPLAT
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I think Link Between Worlds got it right by barely giving you any tutorials, yet had a system where you could use an item to summon a "Hint Ghost" which would give you hints to solve whatever puzzle you were currently working on in exchange of Nintendo Coins. Stuff like that should be fine for future Zelda games.
    Jave's Support Gallery - My Tumblr Blog detailing my current run of Fire Emblem: Awakening.

What a Cartoon Review Blog - My own project where the goal is to write a detailed review to the original 48 WAC shorts.

GWOtaku is offline Wishing You Holiday Cheer!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Yeah, Link Between Worlds struck this balance where it didn't hold your hand but you could also get help if you wanted it. I think that's better than just dumping you into an open environment and making you figure everything out, as the SNES games of yore for Zelda and Metroid did (those rock, though). This lets you focus on playing, which I think you're not doing if you have to spend a lot of time trying to not be lost.

I'd be happy just not getting "your battery is low!" and "why not take a break?" messages. I'll take a break when I'm damn well ready, game!
    I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

cognitofalcon is offline G'night evry' body!!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I guess I was the only one who didn't go "Awwww man, I have to MOVE the controller?" But in all seriousness I'm going to miss that control scheme.
    I now use Tumblr regularly.
    http://cognitofalcon.tumblr.com/
    I'm also participating in Let's Plays now (Among other things)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SAFGuys

Not as cynical now a'days =) I am much happier too!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Don't get me wrong, I liked it when it worked. But too many times did I strike / or \ only for the remote to go | and --. It wouldn't be so bad if certain enemies didn't penalize you or block too quickly. Can you believe I was actually good at fighting Ghirahim but sucked when facing a bokoblin or Lizalfos?

Undrave is offline Forever Burning Heart!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    New footage of Zelda Wii U!!! And a special mention of some other game...

Would you look at the size of that map! It's insane! And a semi autonomous Epona is pretty genius! This is gonna be nuts!

"People who meddle with secret identities get their memories erased."
    -------------
    "You murdered your own alter ego? Sounds socially awkward."

GWOtaku is offline Wishing You Holiday Cheer!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Combat on Epona = ULTIMATE VICTORY. Yesssss. I like that the Sailcloth is back too. Walking is so overrated. And the slow-mo archery thing? Aaaaghhh. So cool.

Interesting to hear it said Star Fox will make it out first & both are reaffirmed for 2015. Good, good, hope that sticks.

On another front, my interest in Mario Maker just went up a lot. The reveal trailer showed New Super Mario Bros and Super Mario Bros graphics and elements, but now it turns out Mario 3 and Super Mario World are also available. This opens up a LOT of creative possibility.

I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm really hoping there's an alternative mode for the archery/vision controls. Waving the gamepad around is not the way I like to play games (that and I never use the TV anyway).

Neo Yi is offline Time, the everlasting fool
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I admit, I'm intimidated by the large map size. I know, it's Zelda, the whole point is exploring, but the huge map thing was a big issue for me on Twilight Princess. I felt it was barebones and uninteresting (also didn't help that graphically, it looked like an awful lot of boring browns and dull green.) However I did like the huge ocean in Wind Waker because it was both colorful and a bushel of fun things to do. I liked exploring that just to see what I could dig up. If the WiiU Zelda does exactly what Wind Waker did and pepper the map with fun, extra goodies (with perhaps a tad bit less tedium), I will be all for it. Either way, I love the ambitious scope the newest Zelda is taking. And yes, the sunset is gorgeous.
    My DeviantART/My Twitter/My Tumblr
    Stuff of Opinions:
    Whimsically Tedious, I review Wakfu, season one.

SloppyJoe is offline The Wild Card
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hopefully they either do some justice to that punk ass upgrading system in SS or they just abandon it altogether. ALbW's inventory system would be cool.

The aerial archery stuff is weird and unnecessary.

The overworld is of course beautiful, but we knew that from the demo at E3. Ready to see some dungeons and working villages now.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234