Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Confusion Over DOA 5 Ultimate

Like This Thread!
    As you may know, DOA 5 Ultimate is an updated version of DOA 5 with some new characters, bug fixes, and new costumes. My question is, is it meant to be a replacement for regular DOA 5 (that is, if you download DOA 5 Ultimate, can you safely delete the old DOA 5 because it's obsolete?) or an expansion pack that requires the original DOA 5 to run? The large install size suggests the former, but it's not 100% clear.

GWOtaku is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Did some digging. I'm 99% sure that this is a standalone game just like Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, the bazillion Street Fighter IV iterations, etc.
    I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

Sonic_Eclipse is offline Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I realize this is probably late but,

DOA5U is pretty much the equivlant of Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom, or the various Super Street Fighter games.

If you have the original DOA5, all progress and everything you have unlocked will transfer over to Ultimate, so no don't delete it. DOA5U also features some DOA5 dlc, and DOA5+ costumes as unlockables.

The game has pretty much been rebuilt, so it really can be considered its own game.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic_Eclipse View Post
    I realize this is probably late but,

DOA5U is pretty much the equivlant of Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom, or the various Super Street Fighter games.

If you have the original DOA5, all progress and everything you have unlocked will transfer over to Ultimate, so no don't delete it. DOA5U also features some DOA5 dlc, and DOA5+ costumes as unlockables.

The game has pretty much been rebuilt, so it really can be considered its own game.
    I kept the save data but deleted the DOA5 application before downloading DOA5 Ultimate. I seemed to have to re-download the costume packs I downloaded for DOA5, but at least they were still compatible with Ultimate.

I am slightly peeved that this game has its own set of trophies, so if I want to get to where I was before, I have to play a good chunk of the game again. But, I did buy it for a reason...