AquaTeen Guest

Can a game ever fully satisfy you?

Like This Thread!
    Ive been thinking this over for a while. Is it possible after beating a game or completing a series to be left completely satisfied and fulfilled by your experience so that you desire nothing more from those characters, universe or even style of gameplay that you enjoyed so much?

Or is the very nature of people, games and just entertainment at large prohibitive of ever really providing a complete experience? If it is possible though what game(s) or series have done this for you or were the closest to doing so?

Of all the games Ive beaten Im not sure Ive ever been completely satisfied with the experience I had to the point that I didnt want it to continue on in some way. But if two games were ever the ones to come close theyd be Grim Fandango and Gabriel Knight:SotF. When they were over it just felt right.

Mandouga is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    It depends on both the game and on who you ask. As for me, as long a game tries its best to do what it sets out to do without catering/pandering to only certain types of game players, I'll be satisfied. OTOH, no matter what a game/series/franchise does, it won't be able to please everyone, and for that reason, there are going to be some people out there who won't ever be satisfied (partially or fully)...

Sent from my iPod touch using toonzone
    Cartoons aren't "just for kids"...but they're not just for adults either. They're for everyone.

Peter Paltridge is offline It's worth iiiiiiiit
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    "Can a game ever fully satisfy you?"

You mean, like a woman? No, after reading the post, I guess that's not what you mean....

Ive been thinking this over for a while. Is it possible after beating a game or completing a series to be left completely satisfied and fulfilled by your experience so that you desire nothing more from those characters, universe or even style of gameplay that you enjoyed so much?
    If such a game were that good, I would want much, MUCH more. I would only want no more of the game if it was terrible. So I don't get it.
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: It's a war on the media and Trawn and company are caught in the middle in Part 2 of a brand-new Electric Wonderland incident! Aren't you glad real life isn't this insane?

defunctzombie is online now I have chortles!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    My opinion is that if a game is satisfying, one would want more of it (either through replay, sequels, fanfiction, whatever floats your boat).
    Stalemate Resolution Associate for Video Games and Cafe Toonzone
    tumblr/Nintendo ID: defunctzombie

Shawn Hopkins is offline TZ Member of the Year 2013
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I think so, yeah. The Last of Us, for example,when it ends, it ENDS. Solidly and definitively, the story comes to its conclusion, what's there to be learned is learned, and there's no more motive for any further exploration or gameplay. A sequel would be missing the point. I know they're making a DLC, but it's just a prequel, and the game would be a fully satisfying experience without it.
    Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

I'm very humble, too.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I kinda felt that way about Threads of Fate. I enjoyed the game while playing it, but was satisfied with the story to the point where I didn't think a sequel was necessary, even though they kinda had a sequel hook. More importantly, though, I'd be surprised if I ever played all the way through it again.