Quantcast
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    GWOtaku is offline Wishing You Holiday Cheer!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Yeah. IMO, in terms of specs the two things you can't possibly overdo on this is video card memory and hard disk space. The second thing hasn't much to do with performance, but when Tomb Raider is 12 gigabyes and a beastly PC game like Rome Total War 2 demands 35 a dedicated library can add up real quick. And there's generally more bang for the buck the bigger you go.
    I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

Matt Hazuda is offline Nerfariously planning
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for mentioning buyxg. I'd never heard of them before, but that is a pretty handy site. I'll have to give them a look when it's time for a new build.

The msot I'd likely do for now is swap out my video card. My GTX 460 is nice, but it's getting old. That and I'd like to get an SSD at least for my OS and keep my SATA drives for data and stuff.

Any SSD suggestions? I'm not really familiar with them, so I'm not sure where to start.
    Yup. It's a signature. Go away if you're expecting something interesting here.

defunctzombie is offline Cutie Pie
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    8 cores is a requirement? Wow, must be some game.

As for OS, I'd recommend just outright buying a Win7 Ultimate full install. 8 is crap and will always be crap on anything besides a tablet. An os built for mobile doesn't benefit from eight cores.
    Stalemate Resolution Associate for Video Games and Cafe Toonzone
    tumblr/Nintendo ID: defunctzombie

Matt Hazuda is offline Nerfariously planning
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yup. It's a signature. Go away if you're expecting something interesting here.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234