Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Storm Eagle is offline Power to the peaceful
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jave View Post

Gamecube: First one (the classic blue one)
    What? There was a BLUE Gamecube?

As for me, my original Game Boy would sometimes not power on when I'd flip the switch on. There were also a few times where it would just cut off on me. It didn't matter to me anymore once I got a Game Boy Color though.

The SNES I got stopped working after a few days for some reason. Anyway I was able to get a replacement at the store since I didn't have it long enough not to be able to.

A button on my PlayStation 2's controller stopped working, and I had to get a new one. The PlayStation 2 itself seems to have a bit of an issue playing DVDs though, where they usually don't start right away.
    The artist formerly known as PRdude.

Punisher is offline One Shot At Glory
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    Xbox 360: Red-ringed after a system update two years after we purchased it. We had an extended warranty from Best Buy (with literally a week left on the plan), so we were able to get a new 360 out of the deal. The new 360 has started to have disc drive issues (it struggles to open and close unless there's a disc inside for some reason) but other than that it continues to work. Halo 4 and Call of Duty Ghosts make the 360 sound like it's crying in pain though which makes me think the 360 will red ring sometime soon.
    I had this same issue as well. Ultimately I just turned the 360 to lay horizontal instead of vertical and haven't had any problems with the disc tray opening since. And I have absolutely no hard data to back this up, but I haven't gotten a scratched disc since I turned it horizontal either. Something to think about.
    "There comes a time in your life when you have to make a decision, you have to choose. Do you want to wear Armani suits? Or do you want to take care of orphans?" Me, I choose to wear Armani suits. Let somebody else take care of those spoiled brats."-Kurt Angle

Jave is online now So Smashing... In Space!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
    What? There was a BLUE Gamecube?
    Yeah. Pretty sure it was there at launch.

No idea what the official nomenclature was, but I always called it the blue Gamecube.
    Jave's Support Gallery - My Tumblr Blog detailing my current run of Fire Emblem: Awakening.

What a Cartoon Review Blog - My own project where the goal is to write a detailed review to the original 48 WAC shorts.

Peter Paltridge is offline Thank God he wore trunks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Ha. Officially it was "purple."

I take good care of my machines....the only console I've had fail on me is the PS3, which I had repaired. I've heard since the PS3 was legally classified as a "toy" it couldn't use lead in its connectors, meaning the heat trap that is the original casing ends up warping them. The repair shops fix this with a "reflow" which I understand is just blasting the chips with hot air until the connectors un-warp themselves. Then, over time, it happens again.

What it means is that I may have to buy another PS3 just to finish The Last Of Us, which works the console hard. I like being able to play PS2 games in crisp HDMI with unlimited memory card space. I want my original model to last as long as possible. I'd probably pay to have it reflowed again.
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: At long last, site updates are resuming! And We Bought A Retrode!

ShadowGUN is online now Hey listen!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I only had 3 consoles failure. The first one was the Sega Saturn which stopped spinning discs. Years later it was the my first 360 which got the RROD. Finally the controller port Game Cube stop working. At first I though it was the controller but I tested it on the Wii and it work just fine.

Btw it looks like the Xbox ONE is following it predecessor with malfuntioning hardware again.
    "Toonami:Tougher than the Best,Stronger than the Rest."

TOONAMI LIVES (5/26/12)

Getouttamylab! is offline You don't want to make me mad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My family used to have an NES, but it wound up getting sold because then 4-year-old and then 6-year-old older sister couldn't play with it nicely. Our mom told us repeatedly that if we didn't play nice, she would get rid of it. I was careful for the most part, but my sister (who at the time would have gotten along well with Rugrats' Angelica) ignored the warning and, one day, jumped in front of the TV screen while I played Super Mario Bros 3 and wouldn't move out of the way. I started screaming and crying, and there went the NES.

In 2008, we got a Wii for Christmas, but during a family gathering two days after we got it, it somehow got knocked off the TV table by some misbehaving kids. Nothing was wrong at first, except the Wii now made this obnoxious buzzing noise. Four years later, however, it wouldn't run my new copy of Super Smash Bros Brawl, and it was all downhill from there. It eventually refused to run any game, so all we could do was play the games we downloaded from the Wii Shop Channel. We eventually got rid of it and got a new one.
    This sentence is not to be read under any circumstances.

Storm Eagle is offline Power to the peaceful
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jave View Post
    Yeah. Pretty sure it was there at launch.

No idea what the official nomenclature was, but I always called it the blue Gamecube.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Paltridge View Post
    Ha. Officially it was "purple."
    Okay yeah, technically it was "indigo". If it came in blue, I'd have gotten that, but since black is my second favorite color, that's the one I went with.
    The artist formerly known as PRdude.

defunctzombie is offline I have chortles!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Only had one console incident, with my phat PS2. A contact in the 1P controller socket bent, and thus wouldn't connect the controller. It was way out of warranty at that point, so I whipped out the screwdriver and solved the problem myself. I ended up taking one of those third party extension cords and taping it into the socket, so now the problem is fixed (if you ignore the hot purple cord wheel taped to the top).

My 360 would probably have red ringed eventually (it was a Falcon model I believe), but I put it away and haven't played it in years.
    Stalemate Resolution Associate for Video Games and Cafe Toonzone
    tumblr/Nintendo ID: defunctzombie

Takao is offline Fight the darkness all around
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You guys have had some awful luck. Usually I fail the hardware, like forgetting a handheld on a window sill before a rain storm, etc. The only time I've had hardware fail on me was when my 360's wireless receiver died, but that was easily fixed.
    I Miss Bionix - Canada's only source for anime news
    Project Rising Beetle - The #1 English Medabots community
    NearVita.com - Exclusive news, reviews and more on the PlayStation Vita

Neo Yi is offline GANNONDORK!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The only time I ever had a console failure was my PS1 which stopped working after a certain point. I got a PS2 months later. That one still works and it's kicking fairly well for a twelve year old system, but it did have problems playing DVDs for a while. We pried it open to fix it, got to work again, then it refused to play DVDs again, forcing me to get a DVD player. Then some three odd years later when my DVD player broke, I curiously slipped a movie in my PS2 one day and it...somehow worked. Somehow.

Other than that, my consoles and handhelds have never failed me.
    My DeviantART/My Twitter/My Tumblr
    Stuff of Opinions:
    I talk a bit about How To Train Your Dragon 2.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast