Like This Thread!

Expanded version of the pic showing part of Mr. Freeze
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Stu
    Stu is offline Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Has anyone downloaded the Blackgate game for the PS3/X-Box yet? I'm holding out on the refers before I part with my coin on this one, if you've played it, is it worth it?
    Marvel Animation Age - The World's Finest - Spawn - The Drawing Board

Follow Marvel Animation Age on Twitter @MarvelAAge

Wonderwall is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyamoto Musashi View Post
    Did anyone play "I am the Night" mode?
    yup. beat it too.

Frontier is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBeast View Post
    But Batman is suppose to be less experienced in Arkham Origins than he is in Asylum/City, Plus Deathstroke is one of the best assassins in DC so it is kind of an unsult with the way the character was handled.
    True, but at the same time he's still has all that training and skills he gained in his travels. That's what separates and puts Batman above a lot of his villains and the people he goes up against. If anyone would be able to beat Deathstroke, it would be him. And while he's less experienced, his youth probably gives him a lot more stamina and vigor than his older self. Not that it's really noticeable in-game .

And considering how I feel Deathstroke was one of the better, if not the best, and more fun bosses in the game, I don't think the way he was handled was an insult at all .

That image with Freeze... I wonder if the cold gun was actually not apart of his original arsenal and that his first suit was more like The Batman's Mr. Freeze? In that his ice blasts came from his hands rather than his cold gun?

ShadowBeast is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    True, but at the same time he's still has all that training and skills he gained in his travels. That's what separates and puts Batman above a lot of his villains and the people he goes up against. If anyone would be able to beat Deathstroke, it would be him. And while he's less experienced, his youth probably gives him a lot more stamina and vigor than his older self. Not that it's really noticeable in-game . And considering how I feel Deathstroke was one of the better, if not the best, and more fun bosses in the game, I don't think the way he was handled was an insult at all . That image with Freeze... I wonder if the cold gun was actually not apart of his original arsenal and that his first suit was more like The Batman's Mr. Freeze? In that his ice blasts came from his hands rather than his cold gun?
    Yes the DeathStroke battle was one of the best in the game but it's still kind of insulting how it was treated like a very small part of the story when DeathStroke should've been given a larger part. While Batman would be highly skilled, DeathStroke has also gone through training too otherwise he wouldn't be one of the greatest assassins. For Freeze I think the ice blasts coming from his hands would be an improvement from the gun since anyone can take the gun away and use it against him. Also Mr. Freeze had the ice blast weapon attatched to his wrists/hands in Batman Beyond.

HellCat is offline Travelling hero
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think this goes back to my criticism. I think they should have done what the trailers promised- 8 hired killers in competition with one another to claim the bounty on Batman's head and how this is the first major stepping stone/challenge for establishing himself. It could have allowed them to explore a more human younger version of the character, a version that is slightly in over his head and hasn't yet had his soul crushed by the horrible things we know are under his belt by the end of City. Players in turn would come away feeling like they'd grown with the character and both of them had come out better at the end.

ShadowBeast is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HellCat View Post
    I think this goes back to my criticism. I think they should have done what the trailers promised- 8 hired killers in competition with one another to claim the bounty on Batman's head and how this is the first major stepping stone/challenge for establishing himself.
    I would've liked to see some of the assassins sabotage eachother a couple of times since the trailer gave that impression too. It would've made the story a little longer too.

James Harvey is offline Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    New downloadable content for Batman: Arkham Origins is now available. Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment has provided the following details.

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today released Cold, Cold Heart, the action-packed story add-on for Batman: Arkham Origins. Set on New Year’s Eve, Cold, Cold Heart sheds light on the tragic origin story of Mr. Freeze and players will discover how he earned his place as one of Gotham City’s greatest villains. Cold, Cold Heart is available today for purchase on the PlayStation Network, Xbox Live Games Store and STEAM for $9.99 and also for players who have purchased the Batman: Arkham Origins Season Pass and are connected to the Internet.

The Cold, Cold Heart Story Add-On introduces new locations including Wayne Manor and GothCorp, taking players on an ice-cold journey as Victor Fries encounters Batman for the first time. Players will have access to all new gadgets including Thermocharged Batarangs and Thermal Gloves. Batman is also equipped with his powerful Extreme Environment (XE) suit to take down Mr. Freeze and his Cryo-thugs in hours of new story content.

A new launch trailer is also now available to view.

Comments?

Stu
    Stu is offline Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Naturally, mine doesn't work. I can buy it separately from Playstation Store but when I use the in game download, it tells me nothing is available to download.

Has anyone else had difficulty obtaining the story pack?
    Marvel Animation Age - The World's Finest - Spawn - The Drawing Board

Follow Marvel Animation Age on Twitter @MarvelAAge

Spider-Man is offline Wallcrawler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wasn't able to download the DLC at all yesterday no matter how many times I reset the connection and got into PSN. It seems to be a small problem since not a lot of people have reported it. How is the DLC? I hear it's 3-5 hours worth of new action which is more than what I was expecting.
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6