0 0%
  • 1/2

1 12.50%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    ShadowBeast is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Okay I just finished "new game plus" but one of the profiles is missing, it's the one above Shiva, does anyone know who it is and how I get it? Otherwise I just need to finish the challenge mode ranked section and start the campaign section which I'm not looking foward to. Speaking of the challenge mode is there any I should be worried about? Also is anyone even gonna bother with the "I am the Night" challenge?

TheVileOne is offline Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I might attempt I am the Night at some point for kicks, but there's no way I can beat it.

Did you do the Shiva challenge Shadow Beast? After you get out of the bank in the main storyline you will hear a baby crying. Go to the carriage and that initiates the Shiva challenge. So you want go go ahead and beat that challenge and it will unlock.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    I might attempt I am the Night at some point for kicks, but there's no way I can beat it. Did you do the Shiva challenge Shadow Beast? After you get out of the bank in the main storyline you will hear a baby crying. Go to the carriage and that initiates the Shiva challenge. So you want go go ahead and beat that challenge and it will unlock.
    The only thing I can think of to beat "I am the Night" is to restart from the last save point befre I get killed but the game designers might have thought of that. I've beaten the Shiva storyline and have her profile, it's profile above her that's missing.

Wonderwall is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The profile above Shiva is Cyrus Plinky. You need to find a plaque to unlock it and then find the rest of them to have the complete profile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderwall View Post
    The profile above Shiva is Cyrus Plinky. You need to find a plaque to unlock it and then find the rest of them to have the complete profile.
    Okay I know there's one plaque near the courtroom but is there any clues for the rest? I'm actually glad there's something to scan I was missing doing that, is there other stuff I need to scan too? because my gotham intel is only at 3%.

Wonderwall is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not really sure if there are actually, I only found them when I looked online which is a first for me in this franchise. Maybe there are clues with the tapes you get when you find a plaque, I think they are all next to some kind of Gotham momument. It does help at least a little that the things glow really bright in detective vision but not a lot.

Spider-Man is offline Wallcrawler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This might be a dumb question, but I finished the game's main story and I want to now play the Initiation DLC. I downloaded it but I can't seem to find it on the menu anywhere. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

Stu
    Stu is offline Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's in the challenge mode, Spider-Man. You can access if from the main menu, or the Batcave if you are in the main game. The Initiation 'story' can be played if you select Bruce Wayne and select the Campaign mode. You also get all the previous challenge maps to play again as Wayne

I had to download the pack from the PS Store, rather than the in game purchase menu, but I'm
    on a PAL system, so it may be different for you?
    Marvel Animation Age - The World's Finest - Spawn - The Drawing Board

Follow Marvel Animation Age on Twitter @MarvelAAge

James Harvey is online now Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A bit late, true, but The World's Finest recently published a review for Batman: Arkham Origins. Click here to read the review, written by our own Shawn Hopkins!

Stu
    Stu is offline Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click the image above to view the new Cold, Cold Heart DLC trailer.

The DLC will be released on April 22nd.

Comments?
    Marvel Animation Age - The World's Finest - Spawn - The Drawing Board

Follow Marvel Animation Age on Twitter @MarvelAAge

Frontier is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Freeze's original suit looks like it was more... bulky, than what he wore in City.

Nice to see more Bruce, especially since Smith never really got the chance to do his own take on Bruces public persona and what it sounds like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The "Cold, Cold Heart" teaser trailer was somewhat interesting. I like seeing a little bit of Bruce's "day life" when he's not donning the cape and cowl and interacting with others. It's really hard to make out if they actually tried to model a "Year One Mr.Freeze" or just rehashed his Arkham City model, but Freeze (and his entrance) definitely looks presentable. Speaking of rehashing, please Warner Bros Montreal, DO NOT rehash Freeze's boss fight from Arkham City the same way Catwoman's Two-Face Boss Fight was reused for Deadshot. You guys can take inspiration from it, but don't take the lazy route.

Also:

I think this suit is the new "experimental" suit that Batman is going to use against Mr. Freeze DLC. Notice how other outlets that had images and photos of this hacked suit were told to take them down by Warner Bros Games. Also, notice how this suit has flaming batarangs.

HellCat is offline Travelling hero
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Got the game for Christmas. Played it once but only dived back in again after learning PS3 users get the Adam West Batsuit for free.

Obvious comment- the game is glitched. I've had videos slowdown, combat speed up, sound go out of sync, respawn points refusing to acknowledge completed goals and even full on freezing once or twice. I encountered the odd glitch in Asylum and City, but this really doesn't help the game feel like it's not a cheap tie in while everyone waits for Knight.

Storyline wise I'm dissapointed as well. The idea of Black Mask as the main threat and Batman having to establish himself by beating 8 killers in one night is good. They're obviously not of the tier we'll see as his rogue's gallery in the 'later' games but then this is a prequel. But half of them get shunted to optional side quests and suddenly it's yet another Arkham game of the Joker leading Batman on. These two characters have a very interesting relationship, but they couldn't have made this a plot thread with Black Mask front and centre? It'd certainly make a more dynamic debut for the Joker in my mind if he played along until the last minute and was then the true final enemy, opposed to the idea Black Mask was just a smokescreen for press releases. Come on, guys. Not every bloody Arkham game needs to have everything be Joker's plan all along.

Gameplay wise it's close to the exisiting controls as refined by City but I find odd glitches. Glide kicks in particular seem less effective. In the previous games these worked near flawlessly but here I keep finding the game will ignore the option or start the kick and then somehow get confused. It's not fun to start a glide kick and then somehow glued to a rail.
    I do have to say I liked the boss fight with Deathstroke though. It's a simple idea but a very effective way to convey these are two incredible fighters locked in combat.

Miyamoto Musashi is offline Sword Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't like the minions entering the fight with Bane, or with any boss, I hate it when games have that, and it's worse when the mouse controls attacks and camera, juggling them can still be a pain
    Other than that, it's a pretty good game, I enjoy it more a lot more than Asylum, but notably less than City
    Quote Originally Posted by HellCat View Post
    Got the game for Christmas
    Isn't this fun? A Christmas event game you get in Christmas
    Blogger
    Humans are the most peculiar of the living creatures
    Nowdays I can hardly be surprised

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, to be fair, while the Joker was the final villain in City, he didn't actually have anything to do with the main plot of the game with Protocol 10 .

I was personally fine with the twist. The game is as much about the origin of Batman becoming the hero he's meant to be, as it is about the Joker making his debut in Gotham with a bang and the beginning of his obsession and feud with Batman. Which is especially poignant after what happens in City. And Troy Baker doing what I felt was an incredible Joker also helped soften my opinion on it .

TheVileOne is offline Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Check out Batman's new Extreme Environments suit for the Cold Cold Heart DLC.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...4339376&type=1

Spoiler:

"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Miyamoto Musashi is offline Sword Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Did anyone play "I am the Night" mode?
    Blogger
    Humans are the most peculiar of the living creatures
    Nowdays I can hardly be surprised

KCJ506 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HellCat View Post

Storyline wise I'm dissapointed as well. The idea of Black Mask as the main threat and Batman having to establish himself by beating 8 killers in one night is good. They're obviously not of the tier we'll see as his rogue's gallery in the 'later' games but then this is a prequel. But half of them get shunted to optional side quests and suddenly it's yet another Arkham game of the Joker leading Batman on. These two characters have a very interesting relationship, but they couldn't have made this a plot thread with Black Mask front and centre? It'd certainly make a more dynamic debut for the Joker in my mind if he played along until the last minute and was then the true final enemy, opposed to the idea Black Mask was just a smokescreen for press releases. Come on, guys. Not every bloody Arkham game needs to have everything be Joker's plan all along.
    I agree. This was a chance for development for Black Mask. A character Rocksteady didn't really pick up and could make a legitimate threat to Batman due to his sheer power in the criminal world of Gotham. But nope it was Joker all along. Because Joker is the only villain that Batman writers can actually seem to properly write nowadays and that because a 4-year old can expose themselves to enough Batman media from the length of their lifetime and be able to write him perfectly because he's overexposed and needs a break.

Him being so overexposed is leading people to believe that no one else can fittingly serve as the main antagonist. There are extremely capable villains in the Batman universe besides Joker. They are just simply not given the spotlight and thus aren't being utilized to their full potential. This is why unless it's a flashback or a hallucination I hope he doesn't appear in Arkham Knight.

And Deathstroke also should have had a bigger role. The trailers made it seem like he would be this awesome recurring villain that we have to get better and better to eventually take him down whilst trying to also combat Slade's uber-smart brain and fighting style. Nope. Only one boss fight(which is early in the game) and Batman absolutely curbstomps him and isn't even winded walking away from it. Like, he barely breaks a stride or has to take a breath after KO'ing him. That's not badass, that's just straight out illogical.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, to be fair, while the Joker was the final villain in City, he didn't actually have anything to do with the main plot of the game with Protocol 10 .

Actually he still drove the plot. Everything from the time you first left the Steel Mill (about an hour into the game) until the time you left the second time (about an hour before the end of the game) involved Batman dealing with the Joker somehow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't disagree that other villains should get their shot in the spotlight instead of Joker, I just think in the context of the game the Joker twist worked. And compared to how he was presented in City, Black Mask got a heck of a lot more development in this game .

And depending on your skills in playing the game, or any Arkham game for that matter, any boss would be a curb-stomp for Batman. I don't think your idea about Deathstroke being a recurring boss is a bad idea, but Batman not breaking a sweat after fighting and beating him isn't that far-fetched. Unless he's on the verge of dying because of a deadly virus in his blood, like in City, you'd be hard pressed to find any moment of Batman showing any signs of fatigue, especially in the Arkham series .

The Extreme Environment suit looks nice, but I doubt it'll offer anything new for gameplay. It would be neat if it had new gadgets or a usable flamethrower, but I wonder if Montreal would go to that trouble for just a DLC?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And depending on your skills in playing the game, or any Arkham game for that matter, any boss would be a curb-stomp for Batman. I don't think your idea about Deathstroke being a recurring boss is a bad idea, but Batman not breaking a sweat after fighting and beating him isn't that far-fetched. Unless he's on the verge of dying because of a deadly virus in his blood, like in City, you'd be hard pressed to find any moment of Batman showing any signs of fatigue, especially in the Arkham series .
    But Batman is suppose to be less experienced in Arkham Origins than he is in Asylum/City, Plus Deathstroke is one of the best assassins in DC so it is kind of an unsult with the way the character was handled.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast