Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    River26 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    If this game doesn't end this new saga at XV, I can see that XV also be the start of the new chapter of a series of stories.
    Zeta26's DA Profile (yoroshiku!) ^^

Join in the PS4 discussions ^^ http://www.toonzone.net/forums/video...ulation-5.html

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Confirmed

Final Fantasy XV will also have episode-related content like FFXIII

And with the updated game visuals, Square Enix plans on fully revealing the game to the public in major events. LIke the one this week. Their supposed next venue is either Comic Con, Japan Expo USA or the TGS in September at the Mukahari Messe in Tokyo, Japan.

Final Fantasy XV Story Will Continue In Multiple Sequels | Latest News Explorer

Join in the PS4 discussions ^^ http://www.toonzone.net/forums/video...ulation-5.html

GingaDaiuchuu is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by River26 View Post
    Confirmed

Final Fantasy XV will also have episode-related content like FFXIII

And with the updated game visuals, Square Enix plans on fully revealing the game to the public in major events. LIke the one this week. Their supposed next venue is either Comic Con, Japan Expo USA or the TGS in September at the Mukahari Messe in Tokyo, Japan.

Final Fantasy XV Story Will Continue In Multiple Sequels | Latest News Explorer
    Haha, Fabula Nova Crystallis really will last forever. Speaking of which, I wish Type-0 had been released in America. At least it's the only original title in the series without any sequels, though, and the only one not for the highest-spec system of its generation.
    Avatar: Tomoya Okazaki from Clannad/Clannad After Story (courtesy of Jun Kuga/Fudce from The Fandom Post)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yeah, that's what Project Suzaku was aiming to see come through this conference. Unfortunately, it was non-existent which was swept under the "rug" by other triple-A western titles. GT's Pachter even shot down the Vita saying that was "dead in the water". Even Baba said they had no plans on bringing Vita-center Tales to the west. Due to poor sales.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    XV may have an online feature

via JumpStart
    For 25 years and counting, most Final Fantasy video games have been a single player only affair. The only exceptions have been MMOs like Final Fantasy XI and Final Fantasy XIV. However, director Tetsuya Nomura hinted Final Fantasy XV could have an online multiplayer mode.

Famitsu.com were able to speak with Nomura more about the game. He mentioned adding online features allows to extend the gameplay for an action role-playing game like Final Fantasy XV.

Here’s what he said:

“In order to increase the span of play time, I believe that online features are definitely required. Also, in order to keep the story and anticipation going, I believe that such features are needed, so we’re currently exploring possibilities.”

Final Fantasy XV has been announced for release on the PS4 and Xbox One. If you were living under a rock last week, the game is no longer carrying the Final Fantasy Versus XIII name.

Final Fantasy XV Could Have Online Multiplayer

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Online would be interesting, but I'm not necessarily sure how that would really work.

I do like that the past few games have been thinking in broader terms of using multiple games to tell a story, ala how the PlayStation games used multiple discs. Although having to retrain and collect items from square one must be a pain.
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it!

Ryusuke is offline SomethingWithTheR
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Final Fantasy XV was almost a musical.

I dreamed a dream of Niflheeeiiiiiimmmm~

...but no seriously, I'm glad they didn't go for it. Though, I wouldn't mind it if it's anything like FFVI's opera scene...just for another game.
    "Don't take life too seriously; you'll never make it out alive!"
    - Bugs Bunny, "Rabbit Feat" (1960)

Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A musical? That would have been funny, I just know it!
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Got some interesting info.

Thanks to Gematsu

Famitsu
    - The shift from Versus XIII to XV occurred within a two year time span
    - The E3 trailer showed Noctis at a high level, though when the game actually plays you will be level 1
    - You will be able to control a three-man team, in addition you will also be able to control other characters you encounter
    - Battlegrounds are the size of large arenas, as shown in the E3 trailer
    - Unlike past battles, you have to be quick on your feet when fighting battles as the scenery is constantly changing. This' evident when you saw Noctis fight the sea creature; Leviathan

More notes can be found here
    Final Fantasy XV: the big interview summary - Gematsu

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Got more on XV, via Japan Expo

- Dual audio, dependent on Square Enix and the data of the disc. Nomura says it's impossible. Due to the characters matching the voice actors
    - No motorcycles
    - You will be in a car, you can also control a magitek armor too

By: Gematsu
    The character outfits in Final Fantasy XV were created by a Japanese fashion company called Roen. According to Nomura, the studio actually has the physical versions of these outfits in their office, allowing their CG team to “create exactly the same image” in the game.

“That’s really easier because previously when I created the character [costumes], all of the CG team and all of our entire development team always asked me ‘Is this leather? Is this coton? Is this nylon? How many percentage? Dadadada.’ That’s a lot of detailed questions, so it’s always difficult to precise what kind of texture are the clothes made off and stuff like that, so that’s why this time we had the actual clothes made and then we take it from there and put it in the game.”

One thing fans noticed in Final Fantasy XV‘s E3 re-reveal was Stella, who’s undergone a major overhaul since her last appearance.

“When I created Stella, back in 2007, I actually created something that is not my type of character,” Nomura said, “but obviously time has passed since then, about six years now, and then she actually became something that I quite like now.”

Another thing fans noticed was Noctis’ red eyes. According to Nomura, Noctis’ eyes become red when he uses his warp ability. This isn’t something you’ll be able to see much in game, as the camera doesn’t zoom in on his face when he warps.

Final Fantasy XV
    ‘s main group of playable characters are all male. Asked if there would be any playable female characters, Nomura said, “I can’t say anything specific now but it would be… quite difficult, to have a girl playable.”

Nomura also touched briefly upon the game’s vehicles. There will be a car, “the vehicle you’ll use probably the most in the game,” and the Magitek armor, which “you can actually control and ride.” There won’t be a motorbike, as it’d be a little strange to see five guys riding on a single motorbike together.

When Final Fantasy XV was known as Final Fantasy Versus XIII, it was decided that it would be ‘Game Over’ when Noctis dies in battle. But now that the game’s become the next numbered entry in the series, that aspect of the game has yet to be decided.

And what of dual audio, probably one of the most requested features for localized Japanese RPGs?

“That all depends of the capacity of the disc,” Nomura said. “The two main reasons are the disc space and also the lip sync, because if we’re making the game, with the characters speaking in English but with the voices in Japanese, the lip sync would not match.”

The director added that you’ll have let Square Enix know that you really want it in order for it to become possible.

Nomura created a lot characters during his time at Square Enix. But his favorites, he said, are Sora and Noctis.

“I’ve been together with [Sora] for more than ten years now, this is the first time I’ve been with a character for such a long time,” Nomura said. “So he’s very very special for me and he’s been adopted by Disney also, so he’s a very very good boy. More like a good son actually.”

In Japanese, “Sora” means “sky.” And Noctis’ full name (excluding the middle “Lucis”) is “Noctis Caelum,” which in Latin means “night sky.”

“They are kind of complete opposites to each other,” Nomura said. “There is a reason why I named these characters as opposites. Noctis is kind of like my latest boy, or latest son and I expect him to be more clever than Cloud.”

source
    Nomura talks Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts III at Japan Expo - Gematsu

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast