Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    River26 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

E3 2013 - News & Discussions

Like This Thread!
    With two months to go. Companies are starting to surface with their games lineup. Most notably with SONY having announced PS4 on February and Microsoft about to announce 720 on May 21st. As for Nintendo? Not so much this time.

Via Siliconera
    Nintendo will not be holding a large-scale E3 presentation, the company’s president, Satoru Iwata, shared in a financial results presentation today.

The reason for this, Iwata says, is that different groups of people—gamers, analysts and distributors—all want different kinds of information from Nintendo, and the company feels that different methods will be required to convey the appropriate information to each group.

As a result, Nintendo’s E3 endeavours will be focused on holding smaller events individually targeted at each of these groups, with a focus on software for the U.S. market.

“There will be one closed event for American distributors, and we will hold another closed hands-on experience event, for mainly the Western gaming media,” Iwata reveals, adding that he will not be personally speaking at either of these two events.

Aside from these two exclusive events for visitors, Nintendo will also deliver information directly to their home audience around the world, including shareholders and analysts, “around the time of E3,” through channels such as their Nintendo Direct presentations.

Thus far, Nintendo have not shared much information regarding just which games they intend to present at this year’s E3. They have, however, revealed that a new 3D Mario game and a new Mario Kart game for the Wii U will both be playable on the show floor. Additionally, the new Super Smash Bros. game will be shown for the first time at E3 as well.
    Games confirmed to show within the conference
    *(PS4)Final Fantasy (title to be fully announced, perhaps a trailer as well)

*Games to show within the conference

source
    http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/24/nintendo-will-not-hold-a-large-scale-e3-presentation-this-year/
    Last edited by River26; 04-25-2013 at 12:43 PM.
    Zeta26's DA Profile (yoroshiku!) ^^

Join in the PS4 discussions ^^ http://www.toonzone.net/forums/video...ulation-5.html

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Here's more on the Nintendo issue

NintendoEverything
    While Nintendo won’t be having its typical media briefing at E3 2013, the company is still very much involved with the expo. Attendees will be able to play a number of titles – including some for the first time such as Mario’s new Wii U outing and Mario Kart.

It also appears that Nintendo will be hosting a small event at Nokia Theater – the same venue where the Big N has held its E3 presentations.
    A statement from Nintendo of America reads:

“As you’ve already seen, a lot of news about Nintendo games and services that traditionally would be held until E3 is being delivered this year through Nintendo Directs, and various press events. This approach will continue between now and E3. No matter where you are in the world, you’ll be fully informed. We look forward to continuing to provide you with Nintendo news and content in ways you haven’t before experienced. Beyond the news that will be communicated through Nintendo Direct videos in the run up to E3, at the show itself we’re hosting two smaller events on Tuesday morning before the LACC opens instead of just our traditional one event. A media event and a partner presentation will both occur that morning. While the audiences will be different between the two events, both will occur on the Tuesday morning of E3 (June 11) which is the date and time period the public has come to expect for Nintendo to deliver E3 news.

At the Nokia theater we’ll meet with business partners (retailers, publishers, analysts, etc.) from the NOA territory and discuss our plans for driving the business and providing tailored information that this group finds useful to their operations. Nintendo has done these same type of business meetings at past E3 shows, but has not in the past few years. This year we are returning to that business partner meeting format. New this year at our booth in the LACC, prior to the show opening, we’ll invite a small group of media to play our games. We will have a strong line-up of beloved franchise experiences available for immediate hands-on play. We are continuing to consider exciting new ways to bring the news of our games and information directly to the players at home during the E3 timeframe, and will have more to say about that at a later date.”

Join in the PS4 discussions ^^ http://www.toonzone.net/forums/video...ulation-5.html

Shawn Hopkins is offline TZ Member of the Year 2013
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I agree with Adam Sessler on this one. It's a big mistake for Nintendo to skip the E3 press conference. While of course all eyes will be on the new consoles, that's even more reason to get out there and show that you have a strong software lineup and a reason for people to purchase your system.

And he's right about Nintendo Direct, too. Yes, there are people who wait on tenterhooks for those. The people who have already drank the Nintendo Koolaid and drank it deep. The kind of people who affectionately call it Ninty. They aren't reaching the people outside of that base that they need to to expand their market.

The other options they're giving at E3 are a closed-door, off the record retailer conference and, basically, having a booth. There are low-rent mobile game developers that will have a darned booth.

Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

I'm very humble, too.

Nightwing26 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    While it does seem not smart to not have a conference during E3, especially with the PS4 and the NextBox showing up, but that's probably the reason why they aren't showing up. Nintendo might get kind of lost in the "true" next-gen publicity. And Nintendo Direct has proven to be a successful way to announce new games, so they may be planning a fairly large one, maybe with more info on Super Smash Bros. 4, Wind Waker HD, etc.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing26 View Post
    While it does seem not smart to not have a conference during E3, especially with the PS4 and the NextBox showing up, but that's probably the reason why they aren't showing up. Nintendo might get kind of lost in the "true" next-gen publicity. And Nintendo Direct has proven to be a successful way to announce new games, so they may be planning a fairly large one, maybe with more info on Super Smash Bros. 4, Wind Waker HD, etc.
    It "might" get lost if they had a conference. It "definitely" will if they don't. And a big Nintendo Direct is nice, for Nintendo fans, but most of gamers won't hear about it. People will see the MS and Sony conferences on TV.
    Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

I'm very humble, too.

Punisher is offline One Shot At Glory
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think the best strategy Nintendo could go for is to have an E3 show and show off a couple cool new things that gamers want to see, but then wait a week or so until after the windfall of the Sony and Microsoft conferences before they let out their biggest announcement, if they have one. This would hopefully steer some of the excitement back in their direction. Of course, they need some sort of major announcement for this plan to work. Not WiiU Music or something like that.
    "There comes a time in your life when you have to make a decision, you have to choose. Do you want to wear Armani suits? Or do you want to take care of orphans?" Me, I choose to wear Armani suits. Let somebody else take care of those spoiled brats."-Kurt Angle

Gorbash is offline Munchings & Crunchings
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    To counter Shawn's post, and because I personally am not very good at making these counter arguements, I'll put up a video from Gamesradar.

Who needs a signature when you have a floating head? I do!

There's a presentation about being stupid down by the way, you should check it out if you know what you're doing.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That video brings up a good point about how this will influence coverage in outlets like USA Today, which contrary to what one of those clueless guys was saying do cover video games and E3. Here's the mainstream media's story on E3. I wrote it for them in advance :

Gamers will have a tough choice this holiday season.

(500 breathless, excited words about Sony's new console and games)

(500 breathless, excited words about Microsoft's new console and games)

Faltering Japanese gaming giant Nintendo, with no new hardware to show, chose not to hold a competing press conference for the first time in several years and retreated to a closed-door retailer conference and limited media access to a booth on the show floor. Nintendo has been stung by slow sales of its new WiiU console, which has failed to catch the imagination of the public the way its popular predecessor the Wii did. At its booth Nintendo offered a few new iterations of tried and true franchises like Super Mario Brothers and Legend of Zelda, but failed to generate the excitement that Microsoft and Sony's offerings did

I'm very humble, too.

The Talon is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've loved Nintendo ever since I was a 6-year-old obsessed with Pokemon, but I just don't think the Wii U can be saved no matter what gets announced at E3, or how they announce it. New 3D Mario? Great. New Legend of Zelda? Awesome. New Smash Bros? Fantastic. The problem is, Nintendo did this exact same thing to save the Gamecube, & we all know how that turned out. Nintendo should've either released it as it is in 2011, or they should've waited to give it some horsepower to somewhat rival the PS4/720. I'll still watch the Nintendo Directs, but Sessler's got a point: they're just echo chambers for people that are already gonna buy Nintendo products.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    For me though, I kinda like this new approach. Because considering that I'm now only following SONY's PlayStation system it would only fit. They get to focus on the newer systems.

Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast