Follow Us:
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    I wish I could tell you, but mine arrived broken. Sony is replacing it, but it'll be a while before I get to play.
    I'm glad I didn't pre-order. I've been hearing various reports of PS4's arriving damaged. I think I'll wait until Sony has ironed things out.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

Shawn Hopkins is offline TZ Member of the Year 2013
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold Guy View Post
    I'm glad I didn't pre-order. I've been hearing various reports of PS4's arriving damaged. I think I'll wait until Sony has ironed things out.
    Good plan. Although to be fair to Sony, they are replacing the broken ones without much hassle. When I had to get my RROD'd X-Box360 replaced the CSR had me do everything but jumping jacks in front of the console before he would accept it was broken, the lady from Sony was much nicer and more helpful.
    Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

I'm very humble, too.

TnAdct1 is offline !!!!!!!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GWOtaku View Post
    So I'm curious, any firm first impressions from anyone yet? How well does that PS4 streaming feature really work in practice? Etc, etc.
    Not sure if I can post it here or not, but I made a sample video using Resogun to test out the "Share" function of the system. The video is located on my Facebook page (Joseph Klemm).
    Joe Klemm
    Toon Addict for Life and "gated community" member since August, 2002.

"ph34r t3h cute ones" -Megatokyo

ShadowGUN is offline Hey listen!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There a been few rumors lately about Sony prodigal son Crash Bandicoot is returning (exclusively) home. This article seem to throw some credibility to the rumor.
    There was this pic from Amazon France too.
    Spoiler:

I really hope that rumor is true. It be awesome to see Naughty Dog take on Crash Bandicoot again.
    "Toonami:Tougher than the Best,Stronger than the Rest."

TOONAMI LIVES (5/26/12)

Takao is offline Fight the darkness all around
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Amazon France never listed that game, and according to a higher up at SCEA, Adam Boyes, Crash is still an Activision property.
    I Miss Bionix - Canada's only source for anime news
    Project Rising Beetle - The #1 English Medabots community
    NearVita.com - Exclusive news, reviews and more on the PlayStation Vita

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Here's an image that's been going around NeoGaf that gives you an idea of the leap from this gen to next gen. Spoilered because of size and gore.

Spoiler:

Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

I'm very humble, too.

ShadowGUN is offline Hey listen!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    PS4 was released in Europe last Friday and those Germans really love it. Damn. That looks like Black Friday here Puerto Rico .
    "Toonami:Tougher than the Best,Stronger than the Rest."

TOONAMI LIVES (5/26/12)

GWOtaku is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Something notable for MMO fans: the PS3 version of the reborn Final Fantasy XIV is heavily discounted to $10 for Playstation Plus members this week, and apparently upgrading to the PS4 version will be free. Once you do you won't be able to run it on the PS3 system anymore, but that shouldn't be an issue considering the improvement.

It should be noted that unlike DC Universe Online, this does require a monthly subscription similar to World of Warcraft.

Also, if you missed the sales on Playstation Plus subscriptions over the weekend, now it's Dell's turn to be selling a year of it for $30 here. I'm not sure how long this will last, it may well be something exclusive to Cyber Monday.
    I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Eurogamer says PS4 is the fastest selling console ever in the UK. It moved so many units that Knack outsold Super Mario World 3D. Not even Mark Cerny is willing to claim that Knack is some kind of masterpiece, so that shows how popular PS4 is.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-in-uk-history

I'm very humble, too.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    PS4 has sold 2.1 million units in about half a month.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/...-sales-update/

I'm very humble, too.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The news from CES is that the PS4 sold 4.2 million units by Dec. 28. So, no, console gaming is not dead.

PlayStation 4 sales reach 4.2 million, outselling Xbox One by 1.2 million units in 2013 - GameSpot

That's so many that the PS4 will outpace the WiiU in consoles to date this winter, not in the spring as analysts expected. It's also well ahead of the Xbox One by a huge 1.2 million units.

It's interesting that the most successful console so far this generation is the most traditional. It doesn't have any fancy TV features or controllers with screens in them. It's just a box that plays games. Apparently people still want that.

I'm very humble, too.

Nightwing26 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm surprised no one is talking about the Playstation Now service they announced... I can see GameStop crying right now...

http:///http://blog.us.playstation.c...g-this-summer/

So we have a service, that can be described as Netflix with games instead of movies and shows. You can choose to rent each game individually, or just pay a full subscription fee. Every game will support multiplayer and trophies. The games offered range from PS1, PS2, and PS3 games.

Now, it seems this service may not be all that different from PS Plus, and it doesn't help that it seems PS Now will have a separate subscription fee from PS Plus... And while the service is going to start with the PS3 and PS4, and move onto the PS Vita afterwards, the service will be on most of the 2014 US Bravia TVs, and will eventually move beyond Sony platforms...

So far, the service is being demoed at CES by streaming The Last of Us and Beyond: Two Souls on PS Vita and the Bravia TV. A closed beta will be out by the end of January. The service starts in the summer of 2014, though that all only applies to the US.

Check out the link as it has one or two more details in there that better explain the service.
    So how do you guys feel about this? I think this is awesome!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The jury is out. I see no mention of more access to PSOne and PS2 content, only emphasis on top class PS3 software. This may be implied with the line on "classic software" in the PS3 library, but that's far off from ideal. PS2 selection on Playstation Network is pretty lackluster, frankly.Also between the current market and Playstation Plus, how is a PS3 user going to need or want to subscribe?! The rental option could be a good addition, though - depending on the price. The big news here to me is that this is introducing "serious" gaming completely independent of a dedicated game console. I wonder how well this works out in practice though...performance is going to be completely at the mercy of internet bandwidth.I wonder if the biggest winner is the Vita. This thing was already capable of supporting PS3 and PS4 content. Now in theory it'll have more access to the libraries of both than ever.
    I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The jury is out. I see no mention of more access to PSOne and PS2 content, only emphasis on top class PS3 software. This may be implied with the line on "classic software" in the PS3 library, but that's far off from ideal. PS2 selection on Playstation Network is pretty lackluster, frankly.Also between the current market and Playstation Plus, how is a PS3 user going to need or want to subscribe?! The rental option could be a good addition, though - depending on the price. The big news here to me is that this is introducing "serious" gaming completely independent of a dedicated game console. I wonder how well this works out in practice though...performance is going to be completely at the mercy of internet bandwidth.I wonder if the biggest winner is the Vita. This thing was already capable of supporting PS3 and PS4 content. Now in theory it'll have more access to the libraries of both than ever.
    Other articles are saying straight up it will be all three. It's also not necessarily limited or even related to what's already available on PSN, either, because there's no requirement it be updated to run on actual PS3 hardware the way PS2 games need now. The PS2 and PS games could run under emulation on a server. What's available will come down to rights issues. Heck, because it's streaming platform isn't an issue at all, they could stream Fairchild Channel F games if they had the rights and felt like it.

But you're right, bandwidth and latency will be the big issues. I used Onlive, a similar service, and while it worked well even on a not-so-great connection it didn't really look as crisp or play as smoothly as local software. And if you have a bad or spotty connection, forget it.

I could see myself using the service if the price was right, though. Especially if there's a discount for plus subscribers. In theory a "Netflix for games" sounds amazing.

I hope if there is a tablet client it includes IOS, and that they make it where the iPad can use PS3 controllers.

I'm very humble, too.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    Other articles are saying straight up it will be all three. It's also not necessarily limited or even related to what's already available on PSN, either, because there's no requirement it be updated to run on actual PS3 hardware the way PS2 games need now. The PS2 and PS games could run under emulation on a server. What's available will come down to rights issues. Heck, because it's streaming platform isn't an issue at all, they could stream Fairchild Channel F games if they had the rights and felt like it.
    Yeah, it's sounding better now. Will definitely be keeping tabs on the rollout of Playstation Now.

Another comparison video, this time demonstrating the difference between Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition and the prior version. The video quality can be turned up to 1080p.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So, months later, does anyone feel like there is must-have stuff for PS4 right now or in the next month? Supply is still an issue, but I find PS4s are becoming possible to find in B&M stores in my area. Looks like tomorrow is the first game I know I'd download for this, specifically the new "Strider" game. So I'm starting to kick the idea of getting one around a little bit, notwithstanding that Watch Dogs doesn't have a set date yet.

The Talon is offline Armchair Assassin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Infamous: Second Son looks like it could be the PS4's killer app, so you could consider giving that a shot when it comes out next month.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So, months later, does anyone feel like there is must-have stuff for PS4 right now or in the next month? Supply is still an issue, but I find PS4s are becoming possible to find in B&M stores in my area. Looks like tomorrow is the first game I know I'd download for this, specifically the new "Strider" game. So I'm starting to kick the idea of getting one around a little bit, notwithstanding that Watch Dogs doesn't have a set date yet.
    Right now? Nah, "must have" would be really stretching it. It does have the best console versions of cool games like Assassin's Creed IV and Lego Marvel Superheroes. Knack and Killzone are supposedly pretty good.

If you like Scary games Outlast is free on PS Plus this week.

I'm very humble, too.

River26 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Project Morpheus is PS4's new VR headset

Zeta26's DA Profile (yoroshiku!) ^^

Join in the PS4 discussions ^^ http://www.toonzone.net/forums/video...ulation-5.html

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Looks like video sharing is going to be improved and made a bit easier in the near future. The option to save your video to a USB drive would facilitate Youtube uploads via a PC:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/...-and-hdcp-off/

Here at PlayStation, we listen closely to your comments and requests, which are weighted heavily when looking at the future of our platforms. Since PlayStation 4 launched, we’ve heard a lot of great feedback from you about what you like with the platform and what you’d like to see us work on. I’m happy to report that, as a direct result of your feedback, we’ll soon be bringing some of your most-requested features to PS4 with a system software update in the upcoming weeks. These features and additions will help make your PS4 even more socially connected by further enabling you to customize your most epic gaming moments and granting even more options to show them to your friends.

This upcoming update will add a rich video editor with a simple tool to personalize your video clips, and you’ll also be able to export to and save the videos and screenshots you create by pressing the SHARE button to a USB drive. In addition, this update will add an HDCP off option for capturing gameplay via HDMI, a feature we’ve previously said would come after launch. We recognize that some gamers want to record and share longer clips of their gameplay sessions, and we’re excited to deliver this option with PS4. There’s a lot more coming in this update as well, so stay tuned for more—there will be plenty in the update to excite everyone.

As part of a separate system software update in the future, we have been working with our partners at Twitch and Ustream, and will also be adding the ability for Twitch broadcasts to be archived – another highly requested feature among PS4 fans who are taking advantage of the SHARE button features. These broadcasts will be also provided with a higher resolution of 720p, so PS4 fans can enjoy live broadcasts with clearer images. We’ll have more to come on these updates and more in the coming weeks.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9