Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Storm Eagle is offline Power to the peaceful
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jave View Post
    Downloadable games are all registered automatically, whether they're first or third party. No exceptions.

Some third parties have also added Club Nintendo codes to their retail releases. Sonic Generations 3DS can be registered, for example.
    I forgot that downloaded games are automatically registered. In that case, nobody should have a problem getting those games back if their Wii gets damaged or stolen. Unfortunately, it's not that easy.

I also forgot that you can register licensee games to your Club Nintendo account. You just can't do that with ALL of them though.
    The artist formerly known as PRdude.

Takao is offline Fight the darkness all around
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by defunctzombie View Post
    No digital releases for me. One good power surge/drop/little kid not looking where they're going/etc and I'm out forty bucks in addition to a system replacement.

Why can't people do digital like Steam does it?
    Because Valve is selling PC Games which has no retail presence, nor does Valve have to deal with retailers as they don't publish physical versions of their games. Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo all have to deal with stores who don't want to be uncompetetive.
    I Miss Bionix - Canada's only source for anime news
    Project Rising Beetle - The #1 English Medabots community
    NearVita.com - Exclusive news, reviews and more on the PlayStation Vita

Shawn Hopkins is offline TZ Member of the Year 2013
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    As of Portal 2 Valve was still shipping their PC games on DVD as well, to major retailers.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Portal-2-PC-PC-Games/14018469

And other companies who publish on Steam also publish on DVD. I don't see the distinction, other than the fact that Valve simply does it better and in a more gamer friendly way.
    Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

I'm very humble, too.

Takao is offline Fight the darkness all around
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    As of Portal 2 Valve was still shipping their PC games on DVD as well, to major retailers.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Portal-2-PC-PC-Games/14018469

And other companies who publish on Steam also publish on DVD. I don't see the distinction, other than the fact that Valve simply does it better and in a more gamer friendly way.
    Valve doesn't put their games in stores, EA does.

As I mentioned before, the reason Steam Sales exist in the form they do is two fold. Largely, it's the fact that physical retailers don't care about PC gaming (my local Wal-Mart has a larger PSP section than a PC one, and we're in 2012) and thus don't pressure publishers to keep prices higher. But they could only pressure them if they actually spoke to the platform holder (Valve) which they don't since the platform holder has made a way for it to be completely independant from retail.
    I Miss Bionix - Canada's only source for anime news
    Project Rising Beetle - The #1 English Medabots community
    NearVita.com - Exclusive news, reviews and more on the PlayStation Vita

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123