Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Jave is online now So Smashing... In Space!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiant View Post
    It's simple - Paper Mario was shown at E3 2010. New Super Mario Bros. 2 was shown at a Nintendo Direct in April of 2012. I don't like that the E3 2010 Mario still doesn't have any resemblance of a release date, while the Nintendo Direct April 2012 title got one right when it was announced. And only a few months later with that!
    But that happens all the time. There's no written rule of how much time has to pass between an announcement and a release. I can understand being frustrated at lack of information, but I think your particular reaction to this situation is rather exaggerated. I mean, Fire Emblem is the 3DS game I want the most, but it doesn't even have an American release yet. Honestly, I WISH FE was in Paper Mario's shoes right now.

Another New Super Mario Bros.? On top of the one that they've already got planned for the Wii U? Also I thought they weren't too enthusiastic about a Super Mario 3D Land 2.

It's true that they have the other 3. But at the rate they're going right now, those all will be released by early 2013.
    Well, let's make it interesting. Are you willing to bet your toonzone account that by early 2003 we are going to have all those games released? Because I'm perfectly willing to bet my account that we won't be getting all those games.

So, we have a deal?

Yet a game which was never planned to be anything more than mediocre can only ever become mediocre with delays. And due to Miyamoto's saying and other factors, the expectations for a delayed game are higher. And if that game can't deliver it really burns everybody out.
    So, you're saying Animal Crossing and Paper Mario are going to be mediocre? Guess I won't bother with them, then.
    Jave's Support Gallery - My Tumblr Blog detailing my current run of Fire Emblem: Awakening.

What a Cartoon Review Blog - My own project where the goal is to write a detailed review to the original 48 WAC shorts.

Radiant is offline Foreverrrrr!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jave View Post
    But that happens all the time. There's no written rule of how much time has to pass between an announcement and a release. I can understand being frustrated at lack of information, but I think your particular reaction to this situation is rather exaggerated. I mean, Fire Emblem is the 3DS game I want the most, but it doesn't even have an American release yet. Honestly, I WISH FE was in Paper Mario's shoes right now.
    Yet? Who's to say it will even get an American release?

Animal Crossing and Paper Mario happened to be the two titles that made me really want the 3DS. That's why I'm frustrated. They just happen to be the only two first party Nintendo titles that have gotten delayed this long. I'm sorry, but no matter what I am going to be frustrated at stuff like Mario Open Tennis and New Super Mario Bros. 2 popping up out of the middle of nowhere and getting released before AC and PM even have release dates.

Well, let's make it interesting. Are you willing to bet your toonzone account that by early 2003 we are going to have all those games released? Because I'm perfectly willing to bet my account that we won't be getting all those games.

So, we have a deal?
    No. I'm not that crazy.

Although the instant a 2D Mario for the 3DS was said to be in development I instantaneously said "That's going to come out before Animal Crossing and Paper Mario, I just know it." I wasn't even thinking of development time logic, I was thinking the same logic I am right now with these titles. So you never know.

So, you're saying Animal Crossing and Paper Mario are going to be mediocre? Guess I won't bother with them, then.
    I'm saying that there is a chance.

All you have to do is look at Animal Crossing City Folk. No time of development given to that title would have made it any better. At its foundation, it was set to be mediocre from the start. They weren't even going to try with it.

After how horrible CF was, I can't help but be scared for AC:3DS. And even if AC:3DS does turn out to be much better than CF, it could still be weighed down by two and a half (by time of release) of hype. The series most certainly does not have a good track record. Even Wild World was lacking compared to the GCN version due to strange decisions they made with it.

Now a lot of the AC community is hyping up AC:3DS a great deal.

With Paper Mario, though, I'm a lot more cautious. I'm already worried about having to use single-use stickers to attack everytime.
    ~Woodwinds are ~
    MyAnimeList | deviantArt

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I know. THAT'S THE POINT.

As for the rest of your post, I'm not even bothering anymore. I can understand frustration, but certainly not THIS level of frustration, and I can't give advice to someone who doesn't want it, or isn't willing to view things from a better perspective. If you REALLY want to make your own life miserable over this, then I don't know what to tell you other than to suit yourself. There's plenty of stuff to enjoy on the 3DS, yet you choose to hate it on the few things that bother you. I realized long ago it's not worth arguing with that logic.

So yeah, abandon thread.
    Jave's Support Gallery - My Tumblr Blog detailing my current run of Fire Emblem: Awakening.

What a Cartoon Review Blog - My own project where the goal is to write a detailed review to the original 48 WAC shorts.

GWOtaku is online now Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Hmm, this is strangely similar to what some people here and there told me when I said One Piece Pirate Warriors was a lock for the U.S. after it got trademarked in Europe. They sure proved me wrong - oh wait, no they didn't. .

Jave is right, it'll be fine.

Though, in retrospect I did jump the gun when I bought my 3DS, given how many promising games are poised to come out this year and the year after. Ah well, I do get enjoyment out of the GBA lineup Nintendo handed early adopters though.
    I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

Takao is offline Fight the darkness all around
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nintendo of America bought Fireemblemawakening.com so clearly that means it won't be released here

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan View Post
    And there isn't a Mario All-Stars where a special compilation would make sense independent of the download releases.
    Many people bought the Mario All-Stars, and Dragon Quest rom dumps. Expect Nintendo to do a tonne of HD Collections on Wii U too given they innovated "Re-release with nothing added" in the New Play Control line. Though, that's an insult to some HD Collections...
    I Miss Bionix - Canada's only source for anime news
    Project Rising Beetle - The #1 English Medabots community
    NearVita.com - Exclusive news, reviews and more on the PlayStation Vita

Chaos Yoshi Mage is offline The Lonely Raven
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Takao View Post
    Many people bought the Mario All-Stars, and Dragon Quest rom dumps. Expect Nintendo to do a tonne of HD Collections on Wii U too given they innovated "Re-release with nothing added" in the New Play Control line. Though, that's an insult to some HD Collections...
    Speaking of which, they're finally releasing the Pikmin 2 one in the US, hmm, wonder if this has anything to do with a certain Wii U game that's going to be at E3.

Anyway, I don't mind re-releases with nothing new as long as they're games that are expensive, hard to find, or just need a re-release, such as Pikmin 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Jave View Post
    I know Nintendo is innovative in all, but a time machine? I don't know if they can do that...
    Hey everypony! Check out new episodes of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic starting September 17th on The Hub! You'll be 20% more awesome!

Trying to get back into Pokemon, PM if you want to battle in Black/White!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Yoshi Mage View Post
    I know Nintendo is innovative in all, but a time machine? I don't know if they can do that...
    Haha. Oh wow, that was a really bad typo...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123