GWOtaku is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Halo 4 Dated for 11/6/12

Like This Thread!
    Congrats, X-Box faithful.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/halo-4-...mber-6-6372029

Halo 4 will be a return to the series for long-time protagonist Master Chief, who was missing from 2011's Halo: Reach and 2009's Halo: ODST. It is the first title in the series to be developed by Microsoft's in-house studio 343 Industries, which took over the franchise's reins from Bungie after Reach.

The game represents "a new beginning" for the franchise, according to Microsoft, and is set four years after the events of Halo 3. It will see Master Chief "confront his destiny and face an ancient evil that threatens the fate of the entire universe."
    Incidentally, I have to note again that PC gamers remain Halo-less since Halo 2. On a happier note, there is this spiffy video:

I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

The Talon is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    November 6th? I'm pretty sure that's Election Day. So much for Obama's youth demographic vote I guess

Also, I'm pretty sure that this is the rumored date for this year's Call Of Duty game. Pretty gutsy move from Microsoft if this is true.

spartanx54 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm a hardcore Halo fan, and I'm really excited for this. The graphics have improved and they have a new multiplayer mode called "Genocide" which looks pretty BA.

I wonder when they're gonna reveal the enemy. I heard that they showed the first 5 minutes and
    Spoiler:
    Covenant ships were attacking Chief
    ​"Anyone can be a hero, even a man who did something so simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders, to let him know the world hadn't ended."- Bruce Wayne/Batman

Lord Dalek is offline Uncreative Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

spartanx54 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    http://m.ign.com/wikis/halo-4/Screenshot_Analysis

New screenshots revealed, I agree I'm a bit tired of the Covenant.
    Last edited by spartanx54; 04-21-2012 at 12:19 AM.
    ​"Anyone can be a hero, even a man who did something so simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders, to let him know the world hadn't ended."- Bruce Wayne/Batman

CyclonatorZ is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GWOtaku View Post
    Incidentally, I have to note again that PC gamers remain Halo-less since Halo 2.
    This is BTW the number one reason why I've never played through any Halo game besides the first (by which I mean the campaign; I don't care about multiplayer). These days it seems Microsoft doesn't care at all about PC gaming - which is quite an irony.

"We are both men out of time" - Dr. Arnim Zola, to Captain America.

Lelouch is offline Fallen Prince
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Stoked for this release, this is more or less my favorite franchise so to see it continue is great. I'm excited to see what 343 does with the story and its characters, and of course multiplayer. I'm fine with the covenant returning, to be honest it'd feel weird to play a Halo game without them in it. I do hope there is some sort of new enemy though.