Search the Site:
Follow Us:
    River26 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Xenoblade Chronicles - Talkback

Like This Thread!

Today's the day that Xenoblade players has been waiting for, thanks to Operation Rainfall. PR by Nintendo

"Nearly two years after its original release, Xenoblade Chronicles is available in North America!

Open-World Adventure Puts Players on the Front Lines of the Ultimate Battle Between Man and Machine

REDMOND, Wash.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Today’s launch of Xenoblade Chronicles for Nintendo’s Wii system lets players jump into an epic story that merges the best elements of fantasy and science fiction. The real-time battle system, character and weapon customization and the ability to explore a huge, open world sets this title apart from other role-playing games. The game has already received critical acclaim from both media and consumers since its launch in Europe and Japan.

“Xenoblade Chronicles demonstrates how Wii continues to deliver deeply engaging experiences,” said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America’s executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. “The game appeals to a broad spectrum of video game fans, from role-playing aficionados to anyone who appreciates exploration and a gripping story.”

Set on the bodies of two huge titans, Xenoblade Chronicles asks players to wield the Monado blade to save the world from destruction. With ordinary weapons having no effect on the machine race known as the Mechon, the power of the Monado blade is the only hope. The hero, Shulk, uses it to fight the Mechon and see glimpses of the future. Players control Shulk as they engage monsters in battle and go on quests. Players can also upgrade their equipment and abilities in a variety of ways. Weapons, headgear, body armor, gloves and boots can all be modified, with each change affecting both the ability and the look of the character. The same piece of gear even takes on a different appearance depending on which character is wearing that piece. Players can also enhance the abilities of their existing equipment by using Gems, special augmentations created by collecting resources in game. Gems may improve Arts ability, increase agility or add strength.

Xenoblade Chronicles also features a unique relationship-building element called the Affinity System that encourages players to build rapport with other characters in the game. Doing so will unlock cut scenes that provide new information and backstory.

Sixteen different Arts (spells or actions) are available, though each character can use only eight. Arts can be switched around to fit a player’s playing style or to make a character fit a specific combat role. Players have real-time control of Arts and player positions during battles. Strategic positioning is crucial to unleash the most effective attacks on the enemy.

Though a variety of control setups are possible, Xenoblade Chronicles is controlled most effectively using the Classic Controller Pro accessory, which is sold separately.

Remember that Wii features parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wii."
    Zeta26's DA Profile (yoroshiku!) ^^

Join in the PS4 discussions ^^ http://www.toonzone.net/forums/video...ulation-5.html

Shift is offline Brave Warrior of the Sea
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm gonna be picking up my order tomorrow. I may not be the one most exited by this game, but I'm glad to see Nintendo and Gamestop taking a chance on it, and I'm ready to reward them for it. Here's hoping it's a fun experience for me, too.

Storyboard Artist for The Sonic Fan Film

BigLouMan20 is offline Dancin' away my worries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm playing the waiting game with Nintendo for them to ship my copy. Makes me wonder if Nintendo didn't expect the game to be popular and are overloaded with orders because my email stated they were suppose to ship the game today, but I still have a "pending" status on my order.

ChibiGoku is offline Something Not Quite Right
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLouMan20 View Post
    I'm playing the waiting game with Nintendo for them to ship my copy. Makes me wonder if Nintendo didn't expect the game to be popular and are overloaded with orders because my email stated they were suppose to ship the game today, but I still have a "pending" status on my order.
    I noticed over at gamefaqs, people were reporting that their order was "backordered", which means they were out of stock... Kinda glad I preordered it at GameStop.

Anyways, I got the game, and I'm loving it. Battle system took me a bit to get used to, but it's pretty easy once you learn how the thing operates. Currently doing side quests and grinding. Still near the beginning. Hopefully my Wiimote's battery will last me for a couple days on this game. I have a feeling I may need to pick up some batteries...

Ryusuke is offline SomethingWithTheR
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just got it today. I'm really enjoying the gameplay so far. I have to say the British voice acting's a nice change of pace from the usual.
    "Don't take life too seriously; you'll never make it out alive!"
    - Bugs Bunny, "Rabbit Feat" (1960)

Dragnatek is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChibiGoku View Post
    I noticed over at gamefaqs, people were reporting that their order was "backordered", which means they were out of stock... Kinda glad I preordered it at GameStop.

Anyways, I got the game, and I'm loving it. Battle system took me a bit to get used to, but it's pretty easy once you learn how the thing operates. Currently doing side quests and grinding. Still near the beginning. Hopefully my Wiimote's battery will last me for a couple days on this game. I have a feeling I may need to pick up some batteries...
    What's funny is people ordered from Nintendo because they did not trust Gamestop to have their order. They thought Nintendo would be the safer bet.

Peter Paltridge is offline Thank God he wore trunks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You know what I love the most so far? I can use the Classic Controller. I'm not forced to wave the remote around to attack like nearly every other game for this system.
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: This week Winnie and Gene crash Hollywood in Part 1 of a brand-new Free Spirit!

Shawn Hopkins is offline TZ Member of the Year 2013
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I asked for this or Mass Effect 3 for my birthday Tuesday, so I'll see which one I get. I guess I need to get a classic controller if I get this one.
    Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

I'm very humble, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Paltridge View Post
    You know what I love the most so far? I can use the Classic Controller. I'm not forced to wave the remote around to attack like nearly every other game for this system.
    Um okay? *Looks at Wii collection* Well 20/30 Wii games I own have CC support and 5 for GC support.

What's funny is people ordered from Nintendo because they did not trust Gamestop to have their order. They thought Nintendo would be the safer bet.
    It's funny because its true. I preordered it last month, but I just got an email stating that my copy will ship Monday so thats not to bad.

Shift is offline Brave Warrior of the Sea
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Also, do people ordering from Nintendo get a free artbook? 'Cause we did get it from Gamestop.

Anyway, the game's pretty interesting so far, and yes, the different dialects are refreshing.

Storyboard Artist for The Sonic Fan Film

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes we do get the free cover art. I'll be posting my thoughts of the game when my copy arrives. The last JRPG to keep me busy was Eternal Sonata. God I love that combat system.

Peter Paltridge is offline Thank God he wore trunks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    Also, do people ordering from Nintendo get a free artbook? 'Cause we did get it from Gamestop.

Anyway, the game's pretty interesting so far, and yes, the different dialects are refreshing.
    You got a what?

......grr, I'm stomping back to that place tomorrow......
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: This week Winnie and Gene crash Hollywood in Part 1 of a brand-new Free Spirit!

Jave is online now So Smashing... In Space! Magma Champion Robots and Aliens: Reactor Twist 3D Champion
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    For the record, my copy shipped from the Nintendo store on the 6th.
    Jave's Support Gallery - My Tumblr Blog detailing my current run of Fire Emblem: Awakening.

What a Cartoon Review Blog - My own project where the goal is to write a detailed review to the original 48 WAC shorts.

FFmax is offline Poke Maniac
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Shoot I just don't the money for this game right now. I wonder if Gamestop will still be selling this game during the next couple of months because I heard they only shipped a few copies, so I'm a bit scared right now.
    Fan of jrpgs, anime, and cartoons.

GWOtaku is online now Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So far, putting aside the cliche about this mysterious sword being our one true hope and the fact the real storyline definitely hasn't started for me yet...not bad!

Combat is basically a mix of how Final Fantasy XII and World of Warcraft work. You get into range, attacks are automatic, but you spice things up with a variety of abilities that work on a cooldown rather than costing a resource. Looks like some "arts" work better depending on your positioning too. A big sign of MMO influence is how "aggro" is apparently a factor. Yep, I guess we're expected to have a designated tank in our party. So, it's active-time battle but more hands-on than Final Fantasy XIII, or even XII really, which was more automated than this is. It's pretty fun.

I got the good early game gear by beating up bunnies and insects and selling the trash loot they dropped to merchants. It was easy. And then I REALLY knew I was playing a JRPG when I noticed the obligatory "bikini top" armor with unreasonably good stats for Fiora even though it's, y'know, A BIKINI.

It's kinda interesting & surreal to play a game like this with a UK dub. I suspect I'll be hearing "what are you playing at?!" more than a few times in this.

I don't quite grok the affinity & heart-to-heart stuff yet. Hopefully it gets obvious post-prologue.

I can already tell it's going to be absolutely crammed with sidequests. I'll just do what I feel like and beat the thing when I'm ready, to me 100% completion in a big game like this is just liable to be a chore. But the core of it seems sound, and AFAIK the Wii really didn't have a RPG like this. I get why it was wanted.

People are wrong to say this is the "final masterpiece" out for the Wii though. There's still The Last Story, and it's very possible Epic Mickey 2 will be the last good game to come out for the system much later this year (yeah, I know it's coming out for everything, but still).
    I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

TheGunheart is offline Darkness and Disgrace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You know, it just occurred to me that, like Xenosaga before it, the main character of this game is a weapons researcher.

I did every quest I could find in Colony 9, and ended up pretty well leveled and with some nice armor. I'll admit I'm a little disappointed that so many of the armor types are just re-colors of one another, and armor looks completely different depending on who you equip it on. I guess that is kind of a plus, though, since it keep them all looking individual.

Spoiler:
    Also, I really want a third party member now.
    Save a webcomic! Read Commander Kitty!
    YOU GOT YOUR HEAD ALL TANGLED UP, BUT IF ONLY I COULD MAKE YOU CARE...