Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    River26 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

[PSN/XBLA]Double Dragon Neon - General Talkback

Like This Thread!
    Billy and Jimmy are back. Courtesy of developer; Majesco, in conjunction with WayForward (Bloodrayne: Betrayal)

By: GamingNewsDaily
    Majesco once again Partners with WayForward, developers behind the return of Bloodrayne: Betrayal back to us, to announces there newest spin on a classic game favorite. Double Dragon. Double Dragon NEON isn’t just some shoddy sequel to the series. It is and 80′s tour de force! Featuring bodacious characters, gnarly combat, and a retro aesthetic, it’s pure over-the-top baditude… to the max.

"Double Dragon: Neon is far from a standard retro remake,"

said Sean Velasco, Director, WayForward.

"It’s WayForward’s love letter to the decade that spawned the franchise – the music, the style, and culture of the 80’s pulse through the nucleus of Double Dragon: Neon. But don’t think this is a simple graphical facelift; with our innovative ‘mix tape’ level up system and power-up high-fives, we pushed it to the limit!"

Double Dragon NEON takes place in a hyper-saturated omniverse. You get to take on baddies earth and beyond taking on The Black Dragon Clan’s most nefarious leader—the supernatural scourge Skullmageddon. You can either go it alone or take a buddy with ya with drop in, drop out “Bro-op” Double Dragon NEON is set to release on the PSN and XBLA this summer but it will be playable at PAX East.

logo

3D or 2D? What do you guys think?
    Zeta26's DA Profile (yoroshiku!) ^^

Join in the PS4 discussions ^^ http://www.toonzone.net/forums/video...ulation-5.html

GWOtaku is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Whoa guys, leave that 80s jargon alone

Could be cool and I have my share of arcade memories for Double Dragon, but hype is cheap. I'm waiting to see how it looks in a trailer & I'll definitely try a demo first.
    I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

GWOtaku is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The Double Dragon remake is due in a week on 9/11/12. Not sure how I feel about the look of this one.....

I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

Wonderwall is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So it's red light district Double Dragon? Not what I was expecting but it could be fun.

Mandouga is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The girl that got kidnapped in the opening scene: that wasn't Marian was it? She would never wear clothes like that...at least not originally. With this in mind, I'm kind of hoping it's not a re-imagining (although admittedly it is kind of looking it)...
    Cartoons aren't "just for kids"...but they're not just for adults either. They're for everyone.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I played the demo. All I have to say is: MEH.

Batmex is offline Avengers Assemble!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Soundtrack LEGALLY free, you can still donate to the composer if you wish: http://virt.bandcamp.com/album/double-dragon-neon
    If life is not fair all you have to do is MAKE IT fair

straw_hat is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've never really cared for any of the Double Dragon games to be honest but I do like their soundtracks and this one is no exception. It's also free to listen on the composers official site.

Shawn Hopkins is offline TZ Member of the Year 2013
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Of course it's Marian. Who else exists to get punched in the belly and carried away? Except for the jacket and cleavage, that's very close to the original outfit, a red dress with a big black belt.

Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

I'm very humble, too.

Mandouga is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    That wasn't a bootleg version of the original arcade game was it? The kidnapping scene happens too fast from what I've played (of the original game).
    Cartoons aren't "just for kids"...but they're not just for adults either. They're for everyone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast