Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Classic Speedy is online now It's not Regis!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotix12345 View Post
    LOL at his Shadow review being about two minutes long and consisting of "Well, it's more fun than the other four games." This is why I love you, James. XD

Also, Part 2 is out, featuring Bubsy 3D, Home Improvement, Three Stooges, and others.

Loved the freak-out over LJN making a good game. XD
    The freak-out didn't do much for me. It felt forced. I'd hate for the Nerd to start taking cues from The Nostalgia Critic.

I wish James had made fun of how Bubsy's voice in the third game was so obviously that of a woman's (Lani Minella, to be exact). It would've been a perfect excuse to use the catchphrase "What were they THINKING?!"

I'm honestly impressed at the voice bytes at the beginning of the NES Stooges game. That console wasn't exactly known for vocals.

I grinned at the Nerd's confusion over the instruction manual ("Real men don't need instructions") because I knew what was coming. That is one of the strangest game manuals ever, if you can even call it that.
    "Ah, crusty pants, a filthy wall, good morning!"

Miyamoto Musashi is offline Sword Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes, yes, YES
    He finally talked about Maximum Carnage, and mentioned the name LJN in good light for the first time ever
    His usual hatred for it is justifiable
    Quote Originally Posted by SigmasonicX View Post
    There was no such game; it was probably a bootleg you had.
    Quote Originally Posted by veemonjosh View Post
    That was a bootleg, and nothing more than an amateur hack of a Speedy Gonzales game.
    That explains why it was done that way
    I like the bootleg idea

Quote Originally Posted by veemonjosh View Post
    Are you referring to Sonic 6?
    Sonic 5 it was called
    Blogger
    Humans are the most peculiar of the living creatures
    Nowdays I can hardly be surprised

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    After a long drought, we have the first AVGN of 2014: Big Rigs Over the Road Racing! Can't wait to watch this later.

Peter Paltridge is offline Thank God he wore trunks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Wooooooow, that is one seriously broken game. If I'd heard of it before, it must've slipped my mind.

I would say it was the most broken ever.....back then, but I'm sure something out there released for Wii or smartphones is worse. We're in a new golden age of cheap, greed-driven titles; I figure the only reason one bad game hasn't become a new meme is because there are just TOO MANY to pick from.
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: This week Winnie and Gene crash Hollywood in Part 1 of a brand-new Free Spirit!

Spideyzilla is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Very well done episode, and a perfect choice for James, considering his crazy schedule. This game was so shockingly bad that it spoke for itself, and all he had to do was sit back and laugh at it. Good comeback for the Nerd!

Neo Ultra Mike is offline 6000+ Posts In Space!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I actually have heard about this game because of the PS2/Gamecube/Xbox generation (I guess the early 2000 gaming generation and yeah I know AVGN reviewed the PC copy but it's more known as a console game I believe) this is considered to be one of the biggest and more well known turds. Like how infamously bad Superman 64 for the N64 for is or Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 is for Xbox 360 and PS3. And actually I've also seen clips of it that suggested why but yeah seeing more of it here and just James's reaction you just have to laugh at how terribly bad and broken this game is. Really there's releasing a game not totally finished out in the market because of having to rush a release date but even then it's usually not this broken. Even if Sonic 2006 was obviously rushed and terribly coded it was a finished game that was actually a game. This why you can drive through everything and never lose even in versions where the computer player car actually tries moving? Yeah, that's a whole new kind of broken. Which actually works well for the Nerd who since doing these episodes every so often seems to mostly just be talking about games that really stick out for their failures and this is no exception. Best part had to be the ending for imitating a commerical of how you would sell this game before literally going over 5000 miles in game and the effect it had on him. I can also see why he would say it's the worse and yeah he would be an expert on that at this point just from how unfinished the game is. Really if there was ever a "what were they thinking" in letting this be released it'd be to whoever made this... unless they were doing a joke or knew people would review it and that'd lead to comedy gold since otherwise, I can't see why.
    Instead of just using this new signature to celebrate a thousand more post, let me list of all the great things you can expect of me on this board for 2012:

...... The same talkbacks you saw me do last year but with new episodes.

.... What are you doing still reading this? Move to the next post already! .

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Paltridge View Post
    Wooooooow, that is one seriously broken game. If I'd heard of it before, it must've slipped my mind.

I would say it was the most broken ever.....back then, but I'm sure something out there released for Wii or smartphones is worse. We're in a new golden age of cheap, greed-driven titles; I figure the only reason one bad game hasn't become a new meme is because there are just TOO MANY to pick from.
    I'm surprised you weren't that familiar with Big Rigs. It's widely regarded as one of the worst games ever made. If you can even call it a game.

Great review. Many laughs, but I particularly liked the faux game commercial, and the reaction of the ESRB upon seeing the game: "This is (crap). But, "E"."

Jave is offline So Smashing... In Space! Magma Champion Robots and Aliens: Reactor Twist 3D Champion
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tht game... wow. Never heard of it before, but man, James is right, it shouldn't even qualify as a game. There's games in early development that are more playable than that.

His reaction to the "You're Winner" screen was easily the best part.

I DARE you to find a less playable title than Big Rigs on the Wii. The Wii may have had plenty of shovelware, but given their strict approval guidelines there's no way something like this would have ever passed quality control on their systems.
    Jave's Support Gallery - My Tumblr Blog detailing my current run of Fire Emblem: Awakening.

What a Cartoon Review Blog - My own project where the goal is to write a detailed review to the original 48 WAC shorts.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Funny coincidental timing about this review: You know how there's that whole Ukraine/Russia tension going on right now? Guess where Big Rigs was programmed? You guessed it, the Ukraine.

veemonjosh is online now The Fruit Shogun
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Ultra Mike View Post
    I actually have heard about this game because of the PS2/Gamecube/Xbox generation (I guess the early 2000 gaming generation and yeah I know AVGN reviewed the PC copy but it's more known as a console game I believe)
    Not sure what you're talking about, Big Rigs was never released for consoles.
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it? You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure. (Updates Bi-Weekly! Newest: 4/11 - Megazone 23 Part 3/Final)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well, there was 18 Wheeler Pro Trucker, a completely unrelated game to Big Rigs but with the same theme. Heck, even the cover art is strikingly similar.

Miyamoto Musashi is offline Sword Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I saw a youtube video about "10 Worst Games Ever" a month before watching this episode of AVGN, it included this game
    I wish he laughed the whole time and showed it instead of playing the crying role
    Blogger
    Humans are the most peculiar of the living creatures
    Nowdays I can hardly be surprised

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    James has a commentary for the R.O.B. the Robot episode. Interesting that it was intended as a series finale. I'm glad he made more episodes after that, though.

Antiyonder is offline Amalgam Universe Overlord
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    AVGN Movie – An Inside Look | Cinemassacre Productions

Some more info on the movie.

And also a tour of the AVGN's room from 2006: Nerd Room Tour 2006 | Cinemassacre Productions
    Deadpool on the "genius" of Hollywood: Everything's turned into a movie these days. -- Old TV shows, board games, candy bars. And let me tell ya, I'm totally stoked for Butterfinger The Movie.

Peter Paltridge is offline Thank God he wore trunks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiyonder View Post
    AVGN Movie – An Inside Look | Cinemassacre Productions

Some more info on the movie.

And also a tour of the AVGN's room from 2006: Nerd Room Tour 2006 | Cinemassacre Productions
    I choose not to watch that first one -- I've already seen enough. He's going to reveal every scene before it comes out.

The second link, though, is great. That's a really inspiring story.
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: This week Winnie and Gene crash Hollywood in Part 1 of a brand-new Free Spirit!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I choose not to watch that first one -- I've already seen enough. He's going to reveal every scene before it comes out.
    The word "spoiler" varies for everyone, but I don't think this video spoiled too much about the movie. Mostly he discusses the challenges of working on the movie and stated it should be out by the end of this year. Here's hopin'.

As for the 2006 room video, I recall James said he did corporate videos as a job once; perhaps that was the stressful job that he quit in order to focus on the Nerd full time?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8