coming to an end with this game. That means the endings can be a lot
    more different. At this point we’re taking into account so many
    decisions that you’ve made as a player and reflecting a lot of that
    stuff. It’s not even in any way like the traditional game endings,
    where you can say how many endings there are or whether you got
    ending A, B, or C.....The endings have a lot more sophistication and
    variety in them.”

Spoiler:
    Funny, seeing how that's exactly what happened.

There's also this piece here, where one of the writers claims that Casey wrote the ending without the input of any of the other writers.

As for that Google Doc...

Spoiler:
    The way I see it, it's not arguing that Indoctrination is canon, it's arguing that the ending makes so little sense that it being all just a mind control dream is the only way to reconcile any of it.
    Save a webcomic! Read Commander Kitty!
    YOU GOT YOUR HEAD ALL TANGLED UP, BUT IF ONLY I COULD MAKE YOU CARE...

Scirel is offline WHY SO FRIENDSHIP?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Spoiler:

Look in the game's own codex. It says when a mass relay is destroyed, note the lack of an asteroid qualifier, the energy released can destroy a star system. IN other words, shep pretty much doomed every world with a mass relay in its system, which is ME, is very few. Nice job breaking it, hero.

There's also this piece here, where one of the writers claims that Casey wrote the ending without the input of any of the other writers.
    BW said that was fake, but just about every source has said that the guy's account was well known to be a bioware writer, and was active even before ME1. Leaving the only way it could be fake was if someone hacked into his account. IMO, that's unlikely.

Also, BW said in the deleted tweet, the new content will only clarify and add closure, not change. Indoctrination Theory still falls within those parameters, so even if it wasn't planned, there are so many hints to it, BW could use it easily.
    I am the squid of the vapor surrounding your dreams, sorrow, nightmares, and bootie pants. So watch out about that.

- Raocow

The Huntsman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scirel View Post
    Spoiler:

Look in the game's own codex. It says when a mass relay is destroyed, note the lack of an asteroid qualifier, the energy released can destroy a star system. IN other words, shep pretty much doomed every world with a mass relay in its system, which is ME, is very few. Nice job breaking it, hero.
    The codex isn't 100% accurate. It's like a real world encyclopedia, made up of information known to the universe but not beyond it.

Spoiler:
    It's why the prothean codex entry shows one of the statues from ilos when protheans don't even look like that. Nobody ever tried to blow up a relay before prior to Arrival, and after Arrival, that was the only one that they could base their theory on. I'm tired of people making that point. The endings clearly show that people are still alive after the fact.
    Also, BW said in the deleted tweet, the new content will only clarify and add closure, not change. Indoctrination Theory still falls within those parameters, so even if it wasn't planned, there are so many hints to it, BW could use it easily.
    The indoctrination theory assumes that two of the endings are fake and that only one of the endings are real. People are already complaining about the lack of choice, and fans want them to make it even less of a choice? All three of the endings are valid. People have to accept that.
    Watch The Amazing World Of Gumball on Cartoon Network!
    Follow Ben Bocquelet on twitter!
    Like The Amazing World Of Gumball on facebook!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So Bioware's plan is to:

1. Provide an example of something (Dedicate an entire mission/charachter/race to it).

2. Provide another example of something confirming what was previously established.

3. Say that it actually isn`t true, and you're supposed to know that?

This works with both AI being actually being benevolent instead of automatically evil (Geth, EDI) and the Mass Relays.

Spoiler:
    Two major elements of the game that work totally fine with the existing narrative up until the ending, where they say, "Oh BTW, not really". AI are always evil, even the geth who only acted in self defense and the one on your team. Also, who says those people are on earth. In fact, they aren't due to the moons. They could be in a human colony in a system wihtout a relay.

EDIT:
    Also, IDT is not an ending, it is the openign to a NEW ending where there could be far more choices than
    Spoiler:
    your favorite flavor of apocalypse
    I am the squid of the vapor surrounding your dreams, sorrow, nightmares, and bootie pants. So watch out about that.

- Raocow

The Huntsman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Also, IDT is not an ending, it is the openign to a NEW ending where there could be far more choices than
    Spoiler:
    your favorite flavor of apocalypse
    Well, they already said they aren't going to make a new ending, so the indoctrination theory is down for the count. All they're going to do is expand on it and fill in some of the plot holes. There's already cut dialogue in the game where Joker flies in like the cavalry to rescue people, so it would probably be easy for them to explain what he's doing and what happens to the armada and so forth. I think that's vague enough to go without spoiler tags.
    Watch The Amazing World Of Gumball on Cartoon Network!
    Follow Ben Bocquelet on twitter!
    Like The Amazing World Of Gumball on facebook!

TheVileOne is offline Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Making people get DLC for explanations and "closure" is still IMHO is still pretty bad on the part of Bioware. Bioware broke their promises and making fans buy extra DLC to explain the terrible endings is bad business.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Huntsman View Post
    Well, they already said they aren't going to make a new ending, so the indoctrination theory is down for the count. All they're going to do is expand on it and fill in some of the plot holes. There's already cut dialogue in the game where Joker flies in like the cavalry to rescue people, so it would probably be easy for them to explain what he's doing and what happens to the armada and so forth. I think that's vague enough to go without spoiler tags.
    They did not say "no new ending". THey said they weren't going to CHANGE the ending. As in, repalce it with something else.

What I mean is, IT would add "additional content". Nothing would be changed, only added.

Therefore, not changing the ending is still true, they are simply adding to it..

Though, that's only in my wildest dreams.

Spoiler:

I honestly would settle for some art and txt showing what happened to everyone and how they somehow survived. and how on earth everyone got back home. And yes, what happened to shepard if he lived.

I totally agree that you shouldn't simply be forced to agree with starchild at face value. Especially since the game provides so many counterexamples.

EDIT:

This picture sadly makes too much sense, regarding the reapers.

http://i.imgur.com/y3Nfv.jpg
    Last edited by Scirel; 03-28-2012 at 10:57 PM.

- Raocow

GWOtaku is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    A press release just broke announcing "Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut" downloadable content. The key part:

Through additional cinematic sequences and epilogue scenes, the Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut will give fans seeking further clarity to the ending of Mass Effect 3 deeper insights into how their personal journey concludes. Coming this summer, the Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut will be available for download on the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and PC for no extra charge*.
    The asterisked caveat is that it won't be free for those few that buy Mass Effect 3 after mid-April, 2014 (of course by then, we'll probably have an ultimate edition that includes all the DLC). Here's hoping Bioware does indeed strike an appropriate balance as they address fan response.
    I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

ShadowGUN is offline Hey listen!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Don't worry it looks like it going to remain free after April 2014. So now that the ending will, hopefully, be fix, how about fixing Tali's face next? Because a random girl found on Google images and photoshop is not exatcly what I expected her to look like.
    "Toonami:Tougher than the Best,Stronger than the Rest."

TOONAMI LIVES (5/26/12)

Wonderwall is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGUN View Post
    Don't worry it looks like it going to remain free after April 2014. So now that the ending will, hopefully, be fix, how about fixing Tali's face next? Because a random girl found on Google images and photoshop is not exatcly what I expected her to look like.
    It's about what I expected considering they more or less did the same with Shepard and a few others. It'd be nice to have an in game model though but I was satisfied with it...cept that her fingers were too close together but that's nitpicky stuff.

DLC is nice, free is even better. I think they made the right call with just making something that elaborates rather than change the whole thing.