0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%

0 0%
    The Talon is offline Armchair Assassin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Street Fighter X Tekken" VIdeo Game Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!

A new warrior has entered the ring!

Street Fighter X Tekken
    Studios:
    Capcom
    Platforms: PS3, XBox360, PS Vita
    Release Date: March 6th, 2012

Synopsis: Welcome to Street Fighter X Tekken, where Street Fighter and Tekken series' stalwarts Ryu, Chun-Li, Kazuya Mishima and Nina Williams headline a memorable cast of your favorite fighters in a tag battle dream match for the ages. Street Fighter X Tekken (SFXT) is a 2 vs. 2 tag team-based fighting game where players can freely tag in and out between partners. The game promises to marry the styles of both a 2D and 3D fighting game for a fresh take on the genre. Fans from each series will also be able to play with either Street Fighter's traditional 6 button layout or Tekken's 4 button layout. Players who are new to either series will be able to join in on the fun with an easy-to-understand battle system that promises excitement and countless hours of fun.

Discuss this Game!
    Last edited by The Talon; 03-06-2012 at 09:10 AM.

Batmex is offline Avengers Assemble!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just went trough Arcade Mode with Cammy & Chun.

Game's pretty good and enjoyable, controls are tight and responsive takes a little to get used to the new system(kept tagging out by accident thinking I was doing SSF4's focus attacks :P
    If life is not fair all you have to do is MAKE IT fair

Grave is offline Badguy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quick question for those who're playing this game or rather fighting games in general. Are you using playing the game with the regular pad or are did you purchase an arcade stick? Personally, I use both but I'm terrible with the stick but I want to learn it since there just some things I can't do while playing on pad (main reason I stay away from charge characters and grapplers). And then on the stick there's the whole adjustment of re-learning how to use one since it's been ages since I've last used one.

Anyway, I'm definately looking forward to buying this because I'm curious about how Juri and Hwoarang will work as a duo.
    Current Games
    SSF4:AE2012 - Ryu, Dudley
    3rd Strike - Ken, Dudley
    GGXXAC+R - Order-Sol, Sol Badguy, Johnny
    BlazBlue - Jin, Hazama

RSNaco is offline Izzy's Second Biggest Fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The gameplay here is a really neat little blend; its speed is between SF4 and the Vs. games and the combo possibilities with the added Tekken influence really mix in well with the core mechanics from previous Capcom fighters to make an experience all its own. I highly enjoy how they transferred all of Tekken's fighters to to a 2D realm, keeping their fighting styles intact for the most part and giving them new moves for this system that really work. The one downside to it is that nearly all of them are close range fighters, so if you can pick someone with a good keep-away game, you can in theory fend off much of the cast. Currently I'm running the pair of Juri and Poison, the latter of which I'm impressed in her move set, considering this is her first actual game as a playable character.

I'm also using an arcade stick, as i have had one for a long time now and play all my fighting games with it. It's one of the original Street Fighter IV tournament edition sticks.
    Stand firm for what you believe in, until and unless logic and experience prove you wrong; remember, when the emperor looks naked, the emperor is naked; the truth and a lie are not "sort of the same thing"; and there's no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza.

- Daria

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This game would have been even more enjoyable if not for the exposed abuse/misuse of DLC by Capcom:

http://www.bigredbarrel.com/2012/03/...isc-was-yours/

FFmax is offline Poke Maniac
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmex View Post
    This game would have been even more enjoyable if not for the exposed abuse/misuse of DLC by Capcom:

http://www.bigredbarrel.com/2012/03/...isc-was-yours/
    I think Capcom needs to chill out with this DLC mess. DLC characters are fine but don't have most of them finished on the disc and try to charge us for them. This little stunt they pulled made me lose whatever little respect I had for them. To think there were people complaining about FFXIII-2's DLC but at least they never had hidden content locked on the disc, this is ridiculous.
    Fan of jrpgs, anime, and cartoons.

Grave is offline Badguy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmm.... I actually started to post a blog about this game, but I'm not a blogger whatsoever, but there was some stuff I had to get off my chest. I figured I'd post my thoughts and ask my question here.

Despite the DLC content, I actually thought this game is good. I'm really liking the Tekken characters even though I have to put in more work with them. The "step" move is taking a bit for me to get used to. But other than that, I think it's good, but not great. The only negative issue I have with the game in terms of gameplay only is that it is rather uneventful, and unfortunately that is a big issue for me because I like to be excited about pulling off or watching people pull of combos and ultra's and whatnot. The supers/ultras in this game are uninspiring.

Which brings me to my question. I've been seeing SFxT getting put on blast since the whole DLC stuff. People are basically bashing the game simply because of the DLC and sound issues for the Xbox 360, but no one has said anything about the gameplay. I may have read 1 or 2 comments stating that it's too easy to learn, but I thought that would've been a positive since people like me who can't use a fight stick for nothing and have a hard time with links/plinks could probably learn a thing or 2 from playing this game, but "'shrugs", whatever floats others boats.

Ok, enough beating around the bush, gameplay only, what's your issue with SFxT? No point to the question, I'm just curious to see if people actually had issues with the way the game plays, or if all this is just a way to lash out at capcom for their crummy decisions.
    Current Games
    SSF4:AE2012 - Ryu, Dudley
    3rd Strike - Ken, Dudley
    GGXXAC+R - Order-Sol, Sol Badguy, Johnny
    BlazBlue - Jin, Hazama

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Street Fighter x Tekken Producer "Disappointed" in DLC Hack :

http://www.gamespot.com/news/street-...v039disappoint

Guess what? we are disapointed that you are crippling good games with DLC abuse.