Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    I dunno, I think a fighting game could be cool.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

RockmanDash is offline Retired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Huh, this is definitely a twist. I can't say I'm disappointed since a .Hack fighter would be rather interesting with the right character roster. Hopefully this just means that Cyberconnect is at least testing the ps3 grounds in order to see what kind of new .Hack Trilogy they could make. From the sounds of things they are definitely changing a lot in the story with Aura and what not.

Takao is offline Fight the darkness all around
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's kind of late to "start" thinking about making a PS3 trilogy of .hack titles given the next generation of console hardware is looming.
    I Miss Bionix - Canada's only source for anime news
    Project Rising Beetle - The #1 English Medabots community
    NearVita.com - Exclusive news, reviews and more on the PlayStation Vita

Frontier is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Some new images have been released. The Kite look alike Sora from the movie is playable. Also, it looks like the game might have all of Haseo's forms from the G.U. trilogy playable. You can see Xth form and a glimpse of his 2nd form.

It also looks like
    Spoiler:
    Skeith has a new form

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Takao View Post
    It's kind of late to "start" thinking about making a PS3 trilogy of .hack titles given the next generation of console hardware is looming.
    Not really, Hack GU occurred when the ps2 was considered "dead" due to the ps3 hardware news floating around. It's kind of silly to say it's too late when plenty of other companies have already showed that they can release games on previous consoles as they wish, such as Pokemon Black and White 2 for the DS(when Nintendo could have easily planned that for the 3DS). Not to mention we don't know if they have more .Hack content in the making, considering they are fleshing out sales because of the movie and what not. For all we know there is plenty of more series fun around the corner, whether it's another game trilogy or a OVA. Looking back at Cyberconnect's previous actions involving .Hack, anything is really possible. The fact that they are bothering to make this game should tell fans that they are at least interested enough in the ps3 grounds. They could have easily just made only a special box set for the movie and still gain sales if they weren't interested.

And if it helps at all, the ps2 was able to breath a lot of new games from companies when the ps3 was released. Games such as Persona 4 from Atlus turned out to be one of the most successful rpgs and that was after the "ps2's death" claims from Sony fans.

While things can look very unlikely, there is still a possibility regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrewolf View Post
    Some new images have been released. The Kite look alike Sora from the movie is playable. Also, it looks like the game might have all of Haseo's forms from the G.U. trilogy playable. You can see Xth form and a glimpse of his 2nd form.

It also looks like
    Spoiler:
    Skeith has a new form

Not surprising that girl Kite has is in and Haseo with all of his forms is a given.

Spoiler:
    Skeith with a new form is an awesome surprise however, I'm assuming there will be some small story mode attached?
    Last edited by RockmanDash; 03-21-2012 at 08:47 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I hope that Bandai is pulling a Tales Of on us, and having a .Hack fighting game that has characters from various parts of the franchise (GU, SIGN, Twilight, the new movie, etc).

EDIT: The trailer for the .Hack//Movie and Versus Hybrid is out, featuring some gameplay.
    Last edited by Gold Guy; 03-22-2012 at 05:47 PM.

- Izzy, Digimon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    New Trailer is out: http://andriasang.com/con0mn/hack_vs_trailer/

The playable characters are so far: Girl Kite #1(From the movie), Girl Kite #2(from the most recent Hack anime), Haseo(all forms), Ovan, and Tsukasa.

It's also interesting to note that Pi(real world) is in the trailer as well.

Frontier is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'd assume that red-haired guy is playable as well, if only because he's on the cover. Maybe he's the final boss for each story, ala Seth from Street Fighter 4?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    http://shoryuken.com/2012/06/07/namc...-tokio-kuryuu/

Kite, Blackrose, and Tokio are now confirmed!

The gameplay videos also reveal that Haseo can switch between his first, second, and third forms throughout a fight, so he won't be taking three slots.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Wow, this game is looking better and better.

Sadly, the chances of this being brought over are slim.

On the bright side, Japanese PS3 games can still play on North American PS3 systems.

- Izzy, Digimon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12