View Poll Results: The next Pokemon game after the Nobunaga's Ambition crossover is...

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pokemon Grey (aka the 5th gen director's cut)

10 71.43%
  • Pokemon G6 (6th generation, most likely 3DS)

0 0%
  • Pokemon TCG returns to portable devices

0 0%
  • Pokemon Pinball comeback

1 7.14%
  • Pokemon Ranger 4 (most likely a 3DS title)

0 0%
  • A Wii U title

0 0%
  • new Mystery Dungeon title

0 0%
  • Pokemon Snap 2

0 0%
  • Pokemon puzzle game (Puzzle League/Trozei/other)

0 0%
  • Pokemon Stadium title w/ Black & White

1 7.14%
  • Something else not listed here

2 14.29%
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    Vyse is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragnatek View Post
    169 for a brand new system that's not even a year old is a pretty cheap price, look at the Vita's launch price look at the price of the 360 and PS3 six years after they launched (Systems in the past tend to drop in prices a lot by this point but they are over two hundred bucks.) The 3DS is far from "over priced" as you call it.

I give you the second but then nether was the Wii. The Wii hell is far below the 360 and PS3 in terms of graphics and being an over all step forward.

let me guess you just hate the whole 3d gimmick right? But people were just as upset about the touch screen gimmick when the DS was first released,

lets face it the 3DS is not the next Virtual Boy like you seem to be making it out to be.
    169 for what was $250 almost a year ago smells like desperation. Also, didn't I direct all this to the 3DS thread? Do I have to go mod orange? Knock it out & resume speculating about Pokemon. At least in this thread.

Chaos Yoshi Mage is offline The Lonely Raven
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If Black/White 2 are really sequels, then Game Freak has my money, I'm only getting a "third version" if it was a 3DS game that took advantage of some of the 3DS's capabilities like the wireless stuff and the pedometer. Now, I'm under the impression that Grey will be a combo of all of these versions though for the 3DS. I think Jave has the right idea about BW2 being leftover ideas from the original games in a similar vein to the aforementioned Super Mario Galaxy 2 and also Final Fantasy XIII-2. Oh, and my Farfetch'd idea of Ruby and Sapphire sequels as opposed to remakes now has some credence!
    Hey everypony! Check out new episodes of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic starting September 17th on The Hub! You'll be 20% more awesome!

Trying to get back into Pokemon, PM if you want to battle in Black/White!

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Yoshi Mage View Post
    If Black/White 2 are really sequels, then Game Freak has my money, I'm only getting a "third version" if it was a 3DS game that took advantage of some of the 3DS's capabilities like the wireless stuff and the pedometer. Now, I'm under the impression that Grey will be a combo of all of these versions though for the 3DS. I think Jave has the right idea about BW2 being leftover ideas from the original games in a similar vein to the aforementioned Super Mario Galaxy 2 and also Final Fantasy XIII-2. Oh, and my Farfetch'd idea of Ruby and Sapphire sequels as opposed to remakes now has some credence!
    I'm not sure if we'll have a Grey version. I'm starting to think that these two games will kind of count for our third version, even though they look more like sequels at the moment. Given how the storyline differs depending on the Dragon mascot, I'm not sure how they could combine it all into one game, so maybe these games are a way to avoid that issue. Though, a third version may not be impossible, especially if they try to make the fifth generation a trilogy, but given the ridiculously fast pace for the anime series, I think that they'll either move from these games to either R/S remakes or straight into the sixth generation. It depends on what kind of content these games have and how it will affect the anime though.

Personally, I'd still prefer R/S remakes over sequels. That would be kind of cool, but considering that people got to experience updated R/B and G/S through their respective remakes, it would be kind of nice to do the same with R/S at some point. I think that there's a good chance that those games could be remade at some point in this generation, but considering this turveball of an announcement, it's entirely possible that they'll have those remakes in the next generation.

Chaos Yoshi Mage is offline The Lonely Raven
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, the use of Kyurem does kind of rule out Grey, I just can't really rule out them combining the two games as a "complete edition" though. A chance to grab some more money.

Yeah, I'm sure most people would rather have remakes. It just kinda annoys me how the remakes wouldn't line up with the other games in the Gen 5 timeline the way the ones in Gen 3 and 4 did, and a sequel could be set in the Gen 5 timeline. I doubt anyone else cares that much about that sort of thing though, both a sequel and a remake would be nice. Honestly, I'm not ruling anything out after this whole BW2 thing...
    Hey everypony! Check out new episodes of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic starting September 17th on The Hub! You'll be 20% more awesome!

Trying to get back into Pokemon, PM if you want to battle in Black/White!

KPTitan is offline The Doc is in...
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just realized that the only bad thing about Toon Zone's theme revamp is that you can barely see the poll questions on here. Anyways... I also think it would be great that we could explore more areas outside of Unova. If these games really are true sequels to Black and White, I wonder how far into the future that they are.

Actually, I think I'm going to think outside the box for a minute here. So far, it's only fan speculation and assumption that these are sequels... looking through all the translations in other forums, and I don't really see them mentioning them being sequels word-for-word. What if these games might be prequels instead? If so, what if these games take place during the time that Alder was still the Pokemon Champion before quiting, and when Ghetsis was still raising N the way that he did before unleashing him out into the world?

This is just to throw something out there, I personally think that these games are going to be sequels since it seems like there was quite a few loose ends in the story by the end of Black and White.
    "I respect that you don't eat meat. Please respect that I don't eat fake meat." - Raven, Teen Titans

"There's my tax dollars at work, coming to arrest me." - Riley Poole, National Treasure: Book of Secrets

Daxdiv is offline Hex Girl Yo!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Going to have to nab that Black Version 2. Dang, that's a cool cover.

I'm glad to see these games are coming out sooner, rather than later. I'm actually sort of surprised they're hitting Japan in the summer, but I guess that makes sense if these have been in production long enough and will be borrowing most of its models from the first games.
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it!

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KPTitan View Post
    I just realized that the only bad thing about Toon Zone's theme revamp is that you can barely see the poll questions on here. Anyways... I also think it would be great that we could explore more areas outside of Unova. If these games really are true sequels to Black and White, I wonder how far into the future that they are.

Actually, I think I'm going to think outside the box for a minute here. So far, it's only fan speculation and assumption that these are sequels... looking through all the translations in other forums, and I don't really see them mentioning them being sequels word-for-word. What if these games might be prequels instead? If so, what if these games take place during the time that Alder was still the Pokemon Champion before quiting, and when Ghetsis was still raising N the way that he did before unleashing him out into the world?

This is just to throw something out there, I personally think that these games are going to be sequels since it seems like there was quite a few loose ends in the story by the end of Black and White.
    I'm hoping that they'll add more areas in Unova to make the storyline last longer, as well as to do more in the post-story mode. I believe that the Japanese website had a line that say "A brand new journey begins," or at least something like that. While that doesn't make them sound like sequels, that line, as well as the titles, gives most people the impression that these will be sequels. Making them prequels would be a unique twist and it could be kind of interesting to see how they would handle the storyline, but I'm not sure if they would be able to tie up the loose ends from the end of the first Black and White games, especially when Ghetsis and the Shadow Triads were able to escape from police and what happened to N after he left for some distant region. I wouldn't be against it if it happened though.

Quote Originally Posted by Daxdiv[U
    ][/U]Black and White 2 have been confirmed for an Autumn release this year.

It's cool we're getting this year as well rather than waiting until Spring of next year.
    That is just so awesome. I wasn't expecting to hear a season release date this soon, even though they announced these games on the same day they were revealed in Japan. I thought that they would be released in the winter instead due to the six months gap between the Japanese and English releases of Black and White. Since they already announced that BW2 were coming soon on Saturday, I didn't think that they would wait until next Spring to release them in other countries. At the latest, I was expecting them to be released around November or December. Still, I'm quite happy with getting them even earlier than that. Though, that does make me wonder how long they've been working on translating the games if they're able to announce a season release date so soon. Still, I'm so excited for these games. I have almost both of my teams set up and I can't wait until I get a chance to pre-order both games.

Doguineta is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

First Teaser Tralier...

First teaset trailer is out:

It's really vague, but it said "New Mysteries Await You" and that sounds pretty interesting.
    Nothing to see here, just keep on with what you were doing...

KPTitan is offline The Doc is in...
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Autumn 2012, please do us all a favor and get here quicker...

EDIT: I got to thinking about this when I woke up this morning. For the storyline of these games... what if they did some sort of "what if" storyline? As compared to past evil teams, Team Plasma came the closest to succeeding in their plans. And I mean real close... what if these games introduces a "what if" scenario of them actually succeeding in taking over Unova? What I really liked about B/W is that they gave us another reason to beating all the Gyms and the E4, and that reason was to stop N from succeeding.
    "I respect that you don't eat meat. Please respect that I don't eat fake meat." - Raven, Teen Titans

"There's my tax dollars at work, coming to arrest me." - Riley Poole, National Treasure: Book of Secrets