View Poll Results: The next Pokemon game after the Nobunaga's Ambition crossover is...

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pokemon Grey (aka the 5th gen director's cut)

10 71.43%
  • Pokemon G6 (6th generation, most likely 3DS)

0 0%
  • Pokemon TCG returns to portable devices

0 0%
  • Pokemon Pinball comeback

1 7.14%
  • Pokemon Ranger 4 (most likely a 3DS title)

0 0%
  • A Wii U title

0 0%
  • new Mystery Dungeon title

0 0%
  • Pokemon Snap 2

0 0%
  • Pokemon puzzle game (Puzzle League/Trozei/other)

0 0%
  • Pokemon Stadium title w/ Black & White

1 7.14%
  • Something else not listed here

2 14.29%
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
    spartanx54 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    I'll just say it...I think this game looks awesome but......I hate the character designs except the female protagonist. 5th Generation has been a major revamp compared to the other generations. Makes me wonder if the Hoenn remakes will actually be sequels.
    ​"Anyone can be a hero, even a man who did something so simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders, to let him know the world hadn't ended."- Bruce Wayne/Batman

Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The leaks for the new issue of CoroCoro just came out. Apparently, Tornadus, Landorus and Thundurus get new forms. This was kind of out of left field, but I'm okay with it. I actually like Tornadus' new bird form the most. I think you capture them through the Pokemon AR Searcher game and download them to BW2. There's also Pokewood, where you apparently make movies. That sounds ridiculously awesome. It has to be at least more interesting than Musicals. Those were so dull.

Cheren is a Normal type Gym Leader and Bianca gives you your first Pokemon as a favor for Juniper. Cheren being a Gym Leader doesn't surprise me, although I would have figured that he would be a mixed type team like Blue in HG/SS. I think he has a Patrat in one of the images from the game, so he might be one of the first few Gym Leaders. His design is okay, but it feels weird to not see Cheren wear glasses or that blue coat. I love that Bianca gives out the starter Pokemon. She was such a fun character in the original games and I'm glad that we get to see her from the start. I like her new design, although I feel like I've seen another character with a similar design. Maybe it's the glasses.

There's also a place where older Gym Leaders and Champions battle and from the looks of the scans, it's in a tournament style. When I heard about older Gym Leaders returning, I thought that it wasn't true just because I couldn't picture them being able to include that many Gym Leaders and Champions, but I guess I was wrong. There's probably only a small amount of returning characters for that tournament, but that's still really cool. It definitely looks like something for the post-storyline content.

I knew that the anime would be affected by these games, but I wasn't expecting them to change the title to Best Wishes 2. It's only a continuation rather than a new series, but I still didn't see that coming. Seeing Riolu so close to Ash almost makes me think that he'll catch it, which would make me instantly happy and yet conflicted at the same time due to how little screentime most of his Pokemon get and that one of the main flaws of the series, in my opinion, is the amount of Pokemon he has captured. But I'd focus more on the happiness if he did get a Riolu.

GingaDaiuchuu is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Pokemon Black 2 White 2" [official] SP Introduction Movie

I wish the real anime was like this. I would be watching it every week for sure.
    Last edited by GingaDaiuchuu; 05-17-2012 at 12:30 AM.
    Avatar: Tomoya Okazaki from Clannad/Clannad After Story (courtesy of Jun Kuga/Fudce from The Fandom Post)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I love watching that promo. It's so awesome. I'm still impressed with the animation quality, especially for a video game promo. Though, that Arcanine looks way too small, but there are size issues like that in the anime as well. Seeing N, along with the Shadow Triad, animated was pretty cool and Lucario being included in the promo was a wonderful surprise and I loved it. I also like the male trainer's design much more than before. While I didn't hate his design, it didn't click with me as much as the female trainer's design, but seeing him in animation made me appreciate the design a lot more. Even Cheren's new design is growing on me.

At least the promo confirmed that parts of Unova are frozen, at least based on that scene where the male trainer is chasing after a member of the Shadow Triad, and that Team Plasma is returning as the villains. Even though it wouldn't make a lot of sense, when I saw the image of the evil team from the video games, I thought that it might possibly be a new evil team, but I'm glad to see that it's just Team Plasma with a new grunt uniform. It really wouldn't work to bring in a new evil team, especially when Team Plasma will probably play a significant role in the new storyline.

Scirel is offline WHY SO FRIENDSHIP?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow. I would actually watch pokemon again if the show was like that. Why must they tease us so! This is pretty much waht everyone wants pokemon to be like.
    I am the squid of the vapor surrounding your dreams, sorrow, nightmares, and bootie pants. So watch out about that.

- Raocow

Jave is offline So Smashing... In Space!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Translated dialogue courtesy of member GSR of NeoGAF:

N: The path you and your Pokemon are after... what kind of road will it be?

Rival: Finally! Let's go get our Pokemon!

Rival: You're...

Bianca: Ah, I'm glad you made it! Here, in this tube are the Pokemon that will become your partners!

Professor-guy-whose-name-I-can't-recall: Team Plasma said... "We should seek the potential of Pokemon and free them from people." I don't believe that.

Elesa: Welcome to the stage! My Pokemon and yours... I wonder which will shine brighter? Let's decide it here and now!

Team Plasma: Hahahaha... I congratulate you on getting this far. But since there's so many of us, perhaps you should consider surrendering.

Rival: All right, now I'm really getting mad.

Cheren: Tch, there's so many of them; it's really a pain.

Rival: This'll be over quickly, so lend me your strength too.

Plasma: Seviper, bite!

Player: Arcanine, use bite too!

Rival: Samurott, Ice Beam!

Player: Hold it!

Player: Lucario, Aura Sphere!

Shadow Triad: No matter what you try, we will achieve our goal.
    That was an amazing trailer. <3 Bianca.
    Jave's Support Gallery - My Tumblr Blog detailing my current run of Fire Emblem: Awakening.

What a Cartoon Review Blog - My own project where the goal is to write a detailed review to the original 48 WAC shorts.

Dudley is offline <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Man, it's a damn shame the anime can't look this good. Heck, not even the movies look that good most of the time.
    That trailer also makes me wish Ash was no longer on the show, and we'd start off each generation with a new trainer.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The new CoroCoro scans have come out. There hasn't been a lot of news, but a few interesting new details. Keldeo has a new form called the Resolution Form. The design is fairly nice and it kind of looks like an older and tougher version of Keldeo. It kind of works for me, even though it feels like they've overdone the different forms for this generation. Once you have Terrakion, Virizion and Cobalion and Keldeo knows Secret Sword, you go to this forest in a new area called Sangi Town and it transforms into its Resolution Form. It also seems that you can trade with the Black and White versions after getting the C-Gear. That's much earlier than I thought we could do that due to the time differences between the different versions, but that works fine with me.

There's also a few version exclusive mentions in this issue. Magby and Buneary are confirmed to be in Black 2, while Elekid and Skitty are confirmed to be in White 2. It's great that both Magby and Elekid are available in the wild, but I'm not sure if I would want to raise another Elekid in White 2 since I was already planning on raising a Leafeon to take care of Water type Pokemon. Despite what I mentioned before about hearing that Lucario was exclusive to Black 2, I don't think that was ever confirmed the magazine, although the fact that it is in a small picture with Black Kyurem while Metagross is with White Kyurem does make me think that it's implied that it is only in Black 2. I do hope that Growlithe doesn't turn out to be exclusive to Black 2 since I would like to have one in my White 2 team instead. Though, since I'm going to get both versions, I could just trade with myself, but I'd prefer being able to catch it in that version instead.

It's too bad that there's still no specific U.S. release date, but they probably want to wait until we get closer to fall before announcing a date. GameStop is already taking pre-orders if anyone is interested in doing so really early. I was pre-ordering Pokemon Conquest and when the employee asked me, I figured why not. I'm a bit surprised that they're already taking pre-orders, but I guess that they know that there's probably going to be a lot of people interested in getting the games.

Jave is offline So Smashing... In Space!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ladies and gentlemen, we have date: October 7th.

I was expecting this game to come out in November at the least. This is quite a nice surprise!
    Jave's Support Gallery - My Tumblr Blog detailing my current run of Fire Emblem: Awakening.

What a Cartoon Review Blog - My own project where the goal is to write a detailed review to the original 48 WAC shorts.

Scrappy-Fan92 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    Man, it's a damn shame the anime can't look this good. Heck, not even the movies look that good most of the time.
    That trailer also makes me wish Ash was no longer on the show, and we'd start off each generation with a new trainer.
    I'm not sure if replacing Ash would really work. He develops only so much through the course of the show, that it would be kind of pointless to bring up a new character who wouldn't develop much either. We also had a new protagonist in Pokemon Chronicles (whose name escapes me right now).