Quantcast
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    RockmanDash is offline Retired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Chie and Teddie are going to have their lines re recorded in the English version:

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/06/06...-and-chie-too/

I'm not a huge fan of Teddie's new dub voice so...eh..

TheGunheart is offline Darkness and Disgrace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RockmanDash View Post
    Opening is up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TmLdFBuf8Y

It's good but I definitely felt like the ps2 opening does the game much more justice of expressing its dark themes and fun areas.
    I like it better, to be honest. I think it does a good job of expressing the game's greater theme of seeking the truth: the overly bright colors and happy dancing manage to distract you from the montage of police tape and strung up corpses. Plus, I find the song more memorable.

Now, the new battle theme? That's a change I could've done without...
    Save a webcomic! Read Commander Kitty!
    YOU GOT YOUR HEAD ALL TANGLED UP, BUT IF ONLY I COULD MAKE YOU CARE...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGunheart View Post
    I like it better, to be honest. I think it does a good job of expressing the game's greater theme of seeking the truth: the overly bright colors and happy dancing manage to distract you from the montage of police tape and strung up corpses. Plus, I find the song more memorable.

Now, the new battle theme? That's a change I could've done without...
    Haha opposite opinions , I actually don't really mind the new battle music since the "time to make history" line really does a good job at hitting you in the end of the song.

I wasn't really that distracted from the darker toners of the opening; it was definitely noticeable(you go from dancing to a dead body..) and yet the impact of it just didn't hit me that much because of all the happiness surrounding that piece of the intro(before and slightly after). What made the ps2 opening so good was that it was a mixture of mystery, a sense of comedy, and still kept that Persona series mood that oddly drags you in.

To be perfectly honest, it just feels like I'm watching a cheesy anime OVA opening. The song itself is perfect for the game(it's literally about finding the truth), but I do think the visuals could have been changed a tad bit in order to really grasp an audience outside the usual group of fans who know already what the game is about. However, it's still a very fun opening to watch and I do like it more than when I first saw it.

TheGunheart is offline Darkness and Disgrace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can't really think of an OVA that looked like that, to be honest. I am just really in love with the animation and graphic design.

It doesn't help that I actually kind of...hate the original intro, especially when it came after P3's amazing opening.
    Save a webcomic! Read Commander Kitty!
    YOU GOT YOUR HEAD ALL TANGLED UP, BUT IF ONLY I COULD MAKE YOU CARE...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ...Wow, I did not see this coming..

Spoiler:

Adachi is a social link!

Gotta wonder if this is somehow fake, but man..if it's true..

EDIT: It's not fake it seems, I can't wait for the translation!
    Last edited by RockmanDash; 06-14-2012 at 07:15 PM.

ShadowGUN is offline YES!YES!YES!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Golden english walkthrough. Wow didn't know the items lady had such "wild side" at night.
    Atlus has also confirm the game released date is November 20 for North America.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234