Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Chaotix12345 is online now Let's-a Go! Ku Ku Ku!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Epic Mickey 2 announced? (Update: Confirmed for Fall 2012)

Like This Thread!

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=160016

Quote Originally Posted by GoNintendo
    The following information comes from an online survey meant to gauge interest in Epic Mickey 2:

- potential titles: Epic Mickey 2: Return of the Mad Doctor, Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two, Epic Mickey 2: Mystery on Mean Street, and Epic Mickey 2
    - due out on Wii, PS3 and 360
    - 2-player split screen with Mickey Mouse and Oswald The Lucky Rabbit
    - Oswald can "fly like a helicopter" and use electricity to "fight or friend" foes
    - Mickey returns with the same mechanics
    Friggin' AWESOME! It's great to see that Disney is interested in an Epic Mickey sequel and the co-op with Oswald sounds like great fun. Plus, if that means the possibility of an Epic Mickey 2: Collector's Edition with an Oswald figure to go with the previously released Mickey, then bring it on!
    Official Reporter for Herotaku, home of the latest tokusatsu news!

Shawn Hopkins is online now TZ Member of the Year 2013
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Cool. Another AAA Wii game to look forward too.
    Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

I'm very humble, too.

ShadowGUN is offline Hey listen!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Freaking sweet. I guess the game did better than we were told. Since part 2 is coming to the 360 and PS3, I wonder if they are gonna port part 1 to the HD consoles?
    "Toonami:Tougher than the Best,Stronger than the Rest."

TOONAMI LIVES (5/26/12)

RockmanDash is offline Retired Das Boom Champion A Simple Day Champion Action Escape Kitty Champion Bee Sting Champion Catnarok 2 : Longcat rampage Champion Karate Monkey Champion Ultimate Mierda Champion Justice Hero Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Holy! Man this game completely came out of the shadows, I'm really glad the first game actually did very well as I kind of doubted it did due to the info I heard. =) Can't wait to see the improvements in this and some more classic Mickey fun.

The first cover is pretty much my favorite =).

Daxdiv is offline Hex Girl Yo! Space Invaders Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I find the bit that the sequel is heading to both the 360 and the PS3 to be quite interesting. I kind of liked what I've played of Epic Mickey, so I'm willing to give the sequel a shot.

Pogorikifan24 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My Hype

Yes!!! ^^ I really hope it happens! And if it does. I would love to play as Oswald in multiplayer cause he is my favorite character. I bet it's gonna be awesome if it becomes true.Also depending on Box-Art.... I might sat the 2nd one, or the 3rd. due to the 2nd one kinda looks more similar to the 1st Epic Mickey boxart. But there are so many good boxart choices.

OnePark is offline גורל
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Now this is more incentive to buy the first - I really want to with Oswald.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JustinianFlynn - Complicated name, I know but that means there's some good stuff, right?

Kevin the Geek is offline Golem fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's cool to see that there's going to be a sequel to Epic Mickey. In the single player mode, I wonder if they'll give you the option to choose between Mickey and Oswald.

This reminds me that I need to get the first Epic Mickey, if I ever find it at a good price. If I like the first game, I'll probably get the sequel, on PS3.

I also hope that the third picture becomes the game's box art, since I like it the best.
    My DVD/Blu-ray collection: http://kevin-the-geek.filmaf.com/

Formerly known as Comic Guy

OriginalGagBonke is offline Fan of 2-D animation.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If this is in development, I hope they pull a Super Mario galaxy and let you play as Oswald when you complete the game. This is going to be sweet, may be a long wait but I'm sure its worth it.

TheVileOne is offline Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So why can't they figure out a way to port the first game to PS3 if they are going to release the sequel on PS3 and Xbox 360?

I know Warren Spector is this hardcore old school Disney and Mickey Mouse fan, but I think Mickey Mouse and Oswald should be able to actually talk this time around. I hated the gibberish style and text cut scenes in Epic Mickey.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

RockmanDash is offline Retired Das Boom Champion A Simple Day Champion Action Escape Kitty Champion Bee Sting Champion Catnarok 2 : Longcat rampage Champion Karate Monkey Champion Ultimate Mierda Champion Justice Hero Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    So why can't they figure out a way to port the first game to PS3 if they are going to release the sequel on PS3 and Xbox 360?
    From how Epic Mickey plays, it shouldn't even be that hard at all to port the game over. But I think it's in a matter of if a port to the ps3 and 360 would even sell..since the games hype all lived back when it first came out and a good amount were oddly disappointed. The fact that it's going to three systems means this game is probably a massive improvement from the control bugs and what not the last game had.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Looks like Epic Mickey 2 is finally gonna be revealed on this Thursday episode of GT.TV. About time I say.

TOONAMI LIVES (5/26/12)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not just that, but there will also be a 3ds version!

https://twitter.com/#!/NintendoMagFr...93421483188226

Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion is the title it seems.

Takao is offline Fight the darkness all around
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post

I know Warren Spector is this hardcore old school Disney and Mickey Mouse fan, but I think Mickey Mouse and Oswald should be able to actually talk this time around. I hated the gibberish style and text cut scenes in Epic Mickey.
    If there was an HD port of the first game I can see it being an exclusive in the PS3 version of Epic Mickey 2. Sony and Disney are bros.
    I Miss Bionix - Canada's only source for anime news
    Project Rising Beetle - The #1 English Medabots community
    NearVita.com - Exclusive news, reviews and more on the PlayStation Vita

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two coming to the Wii, 360 and PS3. Will feature voice acting for both Mickey and Oswald and co-op play. Also the game will be musical. Hopefully more Phineas and Ferb and less High School Musical style music.

TOONAMI LIVES (5/26/12)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here the trailer for Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two.

Last night episode reveal the following:
    - The Mad Doctor retunrs and claim to have reform. He want to help Oswald stop the earthquakes that have been affecting the Wasteland.
    - The camera has been fix. The camera now shows what your are supposed to see and you can control it with the d-pad.
    - the 2D levels are back. This time however you can use the paintbrush to make your way through the levels.
    - Oswald voice actor is the legendary Frank Welker ( Megatron, Fred Jones and Scooby-Doo).
    - there in and out local co-op. When playing alone Oswald is a.i. controlled. There no mention of online co-op.
    - PS3 version can use the Move controller.

There more footage at Gametrailers.com including sneak peek at one of the musical numbers. From the footage the game looks pretty interesting specially the 2D levels (giant freaky Chip ).
    Edit- More gameplay footage.

Edit2- 3DS version confirm by Nintendo Power.
    Last edited by ShadowGUN; 03-24-2012 at 03:19 PM.

TOONAMI LIVES (5/26/12)

Matt Hazuda is online now Nerfariously planning Zombie Bites Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    10 minutes of gameplay footage. All of it is from the already shown areas, but it's a little more longform in some areas.

Yup. It's a signature. Go away if you're expecting something interesting here.

BigLouMan20 is offline Dancin' away my worries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Honestly, I'm more hyped for the 3DS game.

straw_hat is offline Senior Member Monsters in Bunnyland Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There's a short interview with Warren Spector on the 3DS eshop right now that features some 3-D screenshots of Power of Illusion. Besides the Thwomp like enemies with Pete's face on them and those helmeted grunts I wonder if there's going to be more of a variety of enemies in the game.

Matt Hazuda is online now Nerfariously planning Zombie Bites Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The first official trailer is out and it includes one of the musical numbers they'd been mentioning would be in the game.

Yup. It's a signature. Go away if you're expecting something interesting here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast