Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728 LastLast
    Takao is offline Fight the darkness all around
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    I told Gabe Newell you said this and he cried bitter, disappointed tears.
    PC Gaming Space =/ Console gaming. Besides that, there are slight differences here.

3DS is going to be pretty much exactly like PSP where stores offer digital downloads on either cards, or just digital codes if they're an online retailer. The library of 3DS games on eShop will likewise only be a bit less limited than the PSP's, as licensing contracts for many titles likely were struck well before this. With Vita every game that's available physicially is also available on PSN the same day, much like Wii U should be.
    I Miss Bionix - Canada's only source for anime news
    Project Rising Beetle - The #1 English Medabots community
    NearVita.com - Exclusive news, reviews and more on the PlayStation Vita

GWOtaku is online now Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    If I recall right this ability to store multiple 3DS games for easy access was pitched as a feature early on, so really this digital push is Nintendo making finally good on a promise. I did a little homework and it seems the 3DS accepts SDHC memory cards, up to 32 gigs, and a 3DS game card maxes out at 8. These are gettable on Amazon for as low as $25, with smaller cards selling at much less. So that's decent, I guess, so long as you don't mind redownloading games from time to time is your library grows and you inevitably need to shuffle things.

That they're doing this for WiiU also is a surprise, but that's for another topic.
    I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

Dogbert is offline I Don't See Gravity
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    NINTENDO DOWNLOAD HIGHLIGHTS NEW DIGITAL CONTENT FOR NINTENDO SYSTEMS - May 3, 2012

This week's Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:

Nintendo eShop -- Bird Mania 3D -- Bird Mania 3D is a skill-based action game in which you steer a little birdie on his way to Africa. Fly, dash, soar, glide and collect all bonuses in your pursuit of a delightful vacation. (For Nintendo 3DS)

Nintendo eShop and Nintendo DSiWare -- Amoebattle -- A mysterious infection threatens the microscopic world and its inhabitants. It's up to you and your group of loveable single-celled creatures to stop the infection from spreading. (For Nintendo 3DS / Nintendo DSi)
    Sounds like an Angry Birds rip-off/cash-in to me...

Peter Paltridge is online now It's worth iiiiiiiit
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Nintendo changed its Virtual Console offerings that are free with Club Nintendo coins for another month, and we have.....3D Classics: Urban Champion. Grr! Can't there be something on the level of Majora's Mask given out again? I have one more month to spend sixty of the coins before they disappear! If the next month's suck too......
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: Hally Happoween! Presenting the very first TV appearance of Sabrina the Teenage Witch, brought to you by Pals Vitamins!

Jave is offline So Smashing... In Space!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Paltridge View Post
    Nintendo changed its Virtual Console offerings that are free with Club Nintendo coins for another month, and we have.....3D Classics: Urban Champion. Grr! Can't there be something on the level of Majora's Mask given out again?
    Wha...? I thought they released Pictobits too? Because that one is amazing.
    Jave's Support Gallery - My Tumblr Blog detailing my current run of Fire Emblem: Awakening.

What a Cartoon Review Blog - My own project where the goal is to write a detailed review to the original 48 WAC shorts.

Peter Paltridge is online now It's worth iiiiiiiit
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jave View Post
    Wha...? I thought they released Pictobits too? Because that one is amazing.
    It is? I don't know anything about it.
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: Hally Happoween! Presenting the very first TV appearance of Sabrina the Teenage Witch, brought to you by Pals Vitamins!

Chaos Yoshi Mage is offline The Lonely Raven
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Paltridge View Post
    It is? I don't know anything about it.
    Pictobits is awesome and totally worth the coins.
    Hey everypony! Check out new episodes of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic starting September 17th on The Hub! You'll be 20% more awesome!

Trying to get back into Pokemon, PM if you want to battle in Black/White!

Dogbert is offline I Don't See Gravity
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    NINTENDO DOWNLOAD HIGHLIGHTS NEW DIGITAL CONTENT FOR NINTENDO SYSTEMS - MAY 10, 2012

This week's Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:

Nintendo eShop
    Sudoku by Nikoli – Enjoy 50 high-quality sudoku puzzles created by Nikoli, who gave the world-famous puzzle its name. (For Nintendo 3DS)

Also new this week:
    Paul's Shooting Adventure 2 (Nintendo eShop / Nintendo DSiWare™)
    This will be the last week in which I regularly post the weekly update. You can find my full ramble in the WiiWare/VC Thread. Laters...

Antiyonder is offline Amalgam Universe Overlord
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jave View Post
    If I had to guess:

1) They likely want to space out VC releases in order to get you to try out as many games as possible. Let's say Nintendo releases the entire GB and GBC catalog at once. I'd probably check out a couple of games and be done with it. By separating the releases, I may give some consideration to the one game released during the current week, and might end up buying it, whereas in the previous scenario I may not have.
    True, but I hardly think a regular release for GB's (at least 1 or 2 titles per month) would hurt their eShop success.

Incidentally, I'd like confirmation and details on the following:
    1. I hear there are more NES titles on the way with The Legend of Zelda among them. Can anyone confirm, as well as providing other titles that have been confirmed.

2. Is SML 3: Wario Land definitely coming sometime as well?
    Deadpool on the "genius" of Hollywood: Everything's turned into a movie these days. -- Old TV shows, board games, candy bars. And let me tell ya, I'm totally stoked for Butterfinger The Movie.

Jave is offline So Smashing... In Space!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiyonder View Post
    True, but I hardly think a regular release for GB's (at least 1 or 2 titles per month) would hurt their eShop success.
    Oh definitely, they should release at least a game a week, as this 3DS VC drought is ridiculous. Fortunately it's back next week as they've confirmed Kirby's Block Ball (GB).

Quote Originally Posted by Antiyonder View Post
    Incidentally, I'd like confirmation and details on the following:
    1. I hear there are more NES titles on the way with The Legend of Zelda among them. Can anyone confirm, as well as providing other titles that have been confirmed.

2. Is SML 3: Wario Land definitely coming sometime as well?
    They should be, as Zelda NES and SML3:WL have both been released in Japan and Europe for a while now. Japan even has WL2 and WL3. I say they're definitely coming, but I have no idea why NoA is stalling them so much. It's not like they need to be localized.

At least, the NES Ambassador games should be coming soon as Nintendo promised those would be released at some point.

Things will definitely get interesting in August, when 3DS retail games are added to the eShop for download. I also expect GBA and DS games to show up further down the line.
    Jave's Support Gallery - My Tumblr Blog detailing my current run of Fire Emblem: Awakening.

What a Cartoon Review Blog - My own project where the goal is to write a detailed review to the original 48 WAC shorts.