Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
    The Huntsman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Alrighty. I've only ever played two DS games, and since the 3DS can play DS games, I have a lot to choose from. I think these are the games I'm going to get when I pick my system up, provided I can find them at local Gamestops.

==DS==
    Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
    Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded
    Kingdom Hearts 358/2
    Suikoden Tierkreis

==3DS==
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf
    Harvest Moon: A New Beginning
    Rune Factory 4
    Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
    The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
    Watch The Amazing World Of Gumball on Cartoon Network!
    Follow Ben Bocquelet on twitter!
    Like The Amazing World Of Gumball on facebook!

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Huntsman View Post
    Alrighty. I've only ever played two DS games, and since the 3DS can play DS games, I have a lot to choose from. I think these are the games I'm going to get when I pick my system up, provided I can find them at local Gamestops.

==DS==
    Kingdom Hearts 358/2
    Suikoden Tierkreis

==3DS==
    Rune Factory 4
    Whenever I go into one of the Gamestop stores in my area, I usually see most of those games, so there's probably a good chance your local stores will have them too. I've only played the Kingdom Hearts games, but they've all been pretty enjoyable and addictive. I should go back to playing Dream Drop Distance one of these days. I got stuck on the last boss, but looking at some guides and getting new items might help.

Matt Hazuda is offline Nerfariously planning Zombie Bites Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

==DS==
    Kingdom Hearts 358/2
    Suikoden Tierkreis

==3DS==
    Rune Factory 4
    I cant' speak for all the games mentioned, but I'll go over the ones I've played

Chinatown Wars: Amazing game and extremely overlooked in the face of GTA on consoles. It's a shame Nintendo didn't embrace Rockstar for additional games.

Animal Crossing: You will have no life when you start. The game just digs it's extremely-charming claws into you. You'll make a point of playing at certain times of days to collect items, interact with your villagers, etc. It is just an enjoyable experience.

Link Between Worlds: Still playing it, but it's my favorite Zelda game since Link to the Past. I love the open-ended dungeon playing. You're not tied to an order, so you're free to do as you please. Makes a big difference in a series that has had a standard format in this regard since the start.
    Yup. It's a signature. Go away if you're expecting something interesting here.

Jave is offline So Smashing... In Space! Magma Champion Robots and Aliens: Reactor Twist 3D Champion
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I think putting Animal Crossing: NL, Harvest Moon: ANB, and Rune Factory 4 within your list of games might be a bit of genre overkill, so I would suggest switching one of them with something like Fire Emblem Awakening or Pokémon X/Y for a more varied library, at least for the time being.

Link Between Worlds is amazing and everybody should play it. Easily one of the best entries in the series.
    Jave's Support Gallery - My Tumblr Blog detailing my current run of Fire Emblem: Awakening.

What a Cartoon Review Blog - My own project where the goal is to write a detailed review to the original 48 WAC shorts.

defunctzombie is offline Stalemate Resolution Associate
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Have to wait until April to play it, but if the new Zelda has open dungeons, that's pretty sweet. Link to the Past has a laid out order, but I always loved that you could go at it randomly. After the first crystal I'd usually skip to the fourth, because the first time I played it I couldn't figure out how to finish the second dungeon. ^^;

A question about the 3D- are there any games where it's utterly necessary? Not going to buy the "GBA micro" style 2DS, but it would be nice to keep it turned off or at least on low.
    LATEST ARTICLE: Samurai Jack: Beyond Nostalgia
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    "Fooooooooooolish samurai!"
    My experiences in Japan as told by comics: my tumblr <3

GWOtaku is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The 3D is absolutely not necessary in anything I've experienced or heard about. At its very best, the effect is a very nice enhancement that will draw you in more. Link Between Worlds is definitely one such situation. I enjoy it fine with the effect off, but I also had it on more often than usual because it does take good advantage of it. What gives the game its degree of freedom is that there's nothing stopping you from buying or renting any item that is required to clear a dungeon, and the game basically settles for guiding but not directing pretty much the entire time. No "But Thou Must!" moments here, except for the obvious big quest to save the day.
    I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well... I may get a few more games than I anticipated. While I had planned on purchasing a 3DS XL in a couple of weeks, my brother received a settlement from the veteran's administration and bought me a 3DS XL along with Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Pokemon Y. I've never really played a Pokemon game before. I... dabbled in Yellow, back in the day, but I didn't make it that far. So I'll still have around $500 when I get my tax refund to spend on an assortment of games.

I'm not sure what the difference is between Pokemon X and Pokemon Y. As a layman and an observer, I always thought it was a bit disingenuous for Nintendo to release two slightly different games each generation. But apparently people like it that way and the games sell like crazy.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well... I may get a few more games than I anticipated. While I had planned on purchasing a 3DS XL in a couple of weeks, my brother received a settlement from the veteran's administration and bought me a 3DS XL along with Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Pokemon Y. I've never really played a Pokemon game before. I... dabbled in Yellow, back in the day, but I didn't make it that far. So I'll still have around $500 when I get my tax refund to spend on an assortment of games.

I'm not sure what the difference is between Pokemon X and Pokemon Y. As a layman and an observer, I always thought it was a bit disingenuous for Nintendo to release two slightly different games each generation. But apparently people like it that way and the games sell like crazy.
    That's really cool that you already got a 3DS XL and a couple of games to try out. There isn't much of a difference between X and Y. The main differences are which Legendary Pokemon you get to capture and other version exclusive Pokemon. Releasing two versions of basically the same game works so that people have to trade with each other to complete the Pokedex. I buy both versions just so that I can train more Pokemon. They're both really fun games with great graphics, the Kalos region was cool and most of the new Pokemon are awesome. Each Pokemon game is design to appeal to both newcomers and long time fans, so that should be helpful when you start playing the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'll try out Pokemon Y later today. Going to dive into Animal Crossing first. I think I need to try to get a handle on the system first. I mean that literally. All I did was set up my account and link it to the Club Nintendo account I created earlier today and my left wrist started hurting. I think I was holding it wrong or something. I'm sure I'll get it sorted out soon enough.

Still amazing they can fit so much game on such tiny cards.

Matt Hazuda is offline Nerfariously planning Zombie Bites Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Your wrist shouldn't be hurting unless you have really tiny hands or something. Sounds like you could just be holding it wrong.

Also make sure to set up a Mii if you plan to give your friend code to others. It's a required step for any sort of online access with people you know. It's also needed for the streetpass games.
    Yup. It's a signature. Go away if you're expecting something interesting here.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'll try out Pokemon Y later today. Going to dive into Animal Crossing first. I think I need to try to get a handle on the system first. I mean that literally. All I did was set up my account and link it to the Club Nintendo account I created earlier today and my left wrist started hurting. I think I was holding it wrong or something. I'm sure I'll get it sorted out soon enough.

Still amazing they can fit so much game on such tiny cards.
    Maybe you were pressing the buttons too hard. Sometimes that happens to me, but not too often. I haven't played any of the Animal Crossing games, but I've heard good things about it, so hopefully that will be a fun game to test out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I played the system for a few more hours. My wrist stopped hurting and it didn't give me anymore trouble. However, no matter how much I tried to experiment with the 3D settings, it just constantly looked like a blurry mess. My eyes are pretty bad and I have high strength prescription glasses, so I'm not sure if that is throwing everything off. I don't think it should, but... it might? The games just looked better with the 3D turned off.

Really liking Pokemon so far. It's pretty addictive. Animal Crossing was fun, but then the shops closed and I literally can't do much of anything until tomorrow.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I played the system for a few more hours. My wrist stopped hurting and it didn't give me anymore trouble. However, no matter how much I tried to experiment with the 3D settings, it just constantly looked like a blurry mess. My eyes are pretty bad and I have high strength prescription glasses, so I'm not sure if that is throwing everything off. I don't think it should, but... it might? The games just looked better with the 3D turned off.
    Most people turn off the 3D setting too. The games tend to look about the same without the 3D to me, even though I usually keep the 3D on. The only times where the 3D did look blurry to me was in some of the mini games in Mario and Sonic at the London Olympic Games. Maybe it helps that I'm near-sighted, but in most cases, the 3D generally looks fine to me. You won't really lose anything if you don't turn the 3D setting on while playing the games.

Quote Originally Posted by The Huntsman
    Really liking Pokemon so far. It's pretty addictive. Animal Crossing was fun, but then the shops closed and I literally can't do much of anything until tomorrow.
    I'm glad that you're enjoying your games. Pokemon is quite addictive and there is a lot to explore during the storyline in X/Y.

Shawn Hopkins is offline TZ Member of the Year 2013
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I can't really see the 3D right. I can perceive the effect, but it always looks a bit doubled or ghosted to me no matter what.
    Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

I'm very humble, too.

defunctzombie is offline Stalemate Resolution Associate
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey guys, I'm going to open a new thread since threads over a certain amount of posts don't load properly on mobiles. Continue there. :3
    LATEST ARTICLE: Samurai Jack: Beyond Nostalgia
    "Fooooooooooolish samurai!"
    My experiences in Japan as told by comics: my tumblr <3

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34