Page 34 of 68 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
    RockmanDash is offline Retired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post

You don't know Xenoblade would have sold enough here to be worth the effort for Nintendo for sure. Internet fan analysis isn't very meaningful.
    You're more than welcome to think that way , however unless you actually watch videos like this one:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-_yZvmzLOQ then I can tell you it's VERY meaningful. So yes, I do know that Xenoblade would have sold enough here to be worth it. Heck, it was the NUMBER ONE pre order on Amazon with it's title of "Monad" even though it wasn't coming here. The pre orders got so stocked up that Amazon had to stop the pre ordering option, hmmm..not going to sell well huh? And may I tell you that was above Skyward sword and SKYRIM before it was very close to their own release dates? And now Monad is still on the top 10, even though it might not come out here. That should at least tell you that this issue with Xenoblade is above what your considering it to be and many, many fans are fighting for it and against "Nintendo's business decisions".
    Quote Originally Posted by Takao View Post

Yeah, and businesses know when to let things go if they no longer have any interest in them. Nintendo could've licensed the rights to release those games to a company like XSEED, Aksys, NIS America, or Atlus. They were all new IPs that didn't tie into anything NOA released in the past, so there's no chance of tampering with previous brands. But Nintendo didn't do that. It would make too much sense to allow a niche publisher to release games NOA deemed niche. It's not like Sony or Microsoft does that... oh wait they do. It's just Nintendo treating their fanbase like trash.
    Very well said.

Anyways, this thread is about the 3DS not the "Xenoblade and Reggie" topic so regardless of right and wrong, I think it might be better for all of us to easily drop the subject and continue thread discussion before things get a bit out of hand in debating.

EDIT:If you want to keep discussing this then just pm me, but don't let the thread suffer ok?
    Last edited by RockmanDash; 11-13-2011 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Had to add the edited part as things are going a bitttttt off topic.

Shawn Hopkins is offline TZ Member of the Year 2013
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RockmanDash View Post
    You're more than welcome to think that way , however unless you actually watch videos like this one:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-_yZvmzLOQ then I can tell you it's VERY meaningful. So yes, I do know that Xenoblade would have sold enough here to be worth it. Heck, it was the NUMBER ONE pre order on Amazon with it's title of "Monad" even though it wasn't coming here. The pre orders got so stocked up that Amazon had to stop the pre ordering option, hmmm..not going to sell well huh? And may I tell you that was above Skyward sword and SKYRIM before it was very close to their own release dates? And now Monad is still on the top 10, even though it might not come out here. That should at least tell you that this issue with Xenoblade is above what your considering it to be and many, many fans are fighting for it and against "Nintendo's business decisions".

All of that amounts to nothing Nintendo can count on in terms of final sales. Internet fans often get active about something but when it comes time to vote with their wallets they don't come through.
    Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

I'm very humble, too.

Vyse is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RockmanDash

Very well said.

Anyways, this thread is about the 3DS not the "Xenoblade and Reggie" topic so regardless of right and wrong, I think it might be better for all of us to easily drop the subject and continue thread discussion before things get a bit out of hand in debating.

EDIT:If you want to keep discussing this then just pm me, but don't let the thread suffer ok?
    Even better, you could also create a new thread or find the Xenoblade thread. While, yes, it is off-topic for the discussion of the 3DS, it is an interesting debate. That is partially why I kept this going for this long. JOR-EL HAS SPOKEN ON HIS PHONE!

On-topic, yes, the 3DS has shown signs of life, and the only way to stimulate sales beyond the still-desperate price drop are bundles with good games that exploit the system's selling points. It is partially the reason why the Wii was successful.

Sent from my DROID X2 using toonzone

RockmanDash is offline Retired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyse View Post
    Even better, you could also create a new thread or find the Xenoblade thread.
    I can go retrieve the Xenoblade thread/ and or create a little debate thread later then , thanks Vyse! I personally just didn't want to ruin the thread by debating back and forth about something that wasn't related to the 3DS and later on have me and Shawn get major warnings because of it.

On topic: I'm not sure if this was brought up yet, but Europe players will be getting some sort of exclusive Zelda styled 3DS to go along with the Ocarina of time 3DS as a combo.
    Last edited by RockmanDash; 11-13-2011 at 04:04 PM.

Radiant is offline Foreverrrrr!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RockmanDash View Post
    On topic: I'm not sure if this was brought up yet, but Europe players will be getting some sort of exclusive Zelda styled 3DS to go along with the Ocarina of time 3DS.
    It's not Europe exclusive. It's been confirmed for Australia, and it is included in at least one of the North American retailers' Black Friday deals. (GameStop, for sure)

However, I personally wouldn't want it. That's still too much money to spend for OOT3D for me. Unless one has never played Ocarina of Time, I can not recommend OOT3D to them.
    ~Woodwinds are ~
    MyAnimeList | deviantArt

defunctzombie is online now I have chortles!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The GS price is 199 without trade, and they're saying Best Buy might be cheaper, so I still see it as a good deal for someone without one. Sure the included game might not be optimal, but look at the thing. It's for Zelda fans who want a pretty system.
    Stalemate Resolution Associate for Video Games and Cafe Toonzone
    tumblr/Nintendo ID: defunctzombie

Shawn Hopkins is offline TZ Member of the Year 2013
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiant View Post
    It's not Europe exclusive. It's been confirmed for Australia, and it is included in at least one of the North American retailers' Black Friday deals. (GameStop, for sure)

However, I personally wouldn't want it. That's still too much money to spend for OOT3D for me. Unless one has never played Ocarina of Time, I can not recommend OOT3D to them.
    That's the main thing for me, there. OOT is a good game, but I've played it, I own two, maybe three versions of it. I don't need another.
    Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

I'm very humble, too.

Nel_Annette is online now Go green!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I want one, I'm just waiting for the inevitable second version with a right analog stick. I know if I buy a 3DS and that ugly extension they'll just announce a new version.

This system also needs titles with pretty anime covers. They got me so many times on the DS with those.

Shift is offline Brave Warrior of the Sea
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If the leaked ad is to be believed, I'm sorely tempted to trade in my DSi for $80 off that Zelda bundle; then I can give the extra Zelda game and my first 3DS to my bro for Christmas.
    I just hope the system transferring update can be added before then.

In any case, I'm planning on sending my current 3DS in for that warranty polish. I've heard that all the data on there is safe, but just for clarification, has anyone here done so with no problems? And should I leave the SD card with the files inserted for a smoother transfer?

And how do I get that free repair for the fact that the bottom screen left unmoving impressions on the top? Because Nintendo's site seems to indicate screen scratches are not under warranty.

Storyboard Artist for The Sonic Fan Film

Radiant is offline Foreverrrrr!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    That's the main thing for me, there. OOT is a good game, but I've played it, I own two, maybe three versions of it. I don't need another.
    And Ocarina of Time 3D is literally just Ocarina of Time 64 with updated textures and updated models for select characters (Link) and very few areas.

It looks nice, but the environments are so unchanged, and the music isn't changed either. It was just so underwhelming seeing as the game was called a 'remake'. 'Remastered port' would have been a much better title for it.

So, yeah, the Limited Edition Zelda 3DS looks neat, but I have no reason to switch over to it. My Aqua Blue 3DS is great. I really like the color and the sparkliness. I wouldn't even trade it for the Pink one, and that's a first from me!

Plus, I'm excited for the Ambassador GBA games. Although they may not make it worth it for others, they do for me.
    ~Woodwinds are ~
    MyAnimeList | deviantArt