Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
    Gorbash is offline Munchings & Crunchings
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    That list doesn't sound very good at all. Mostly old games. There are definitely Wii ports on there and possibly Gamecube ports.
    From an E-shop perspective, this isn't that bad. If these were boxed copies, then perhaps it'd be rough, but this is surprising all the more.
    Who needs a signature when you have a floating head? I do!

There's a presentation about being stupid down by the way, you should check it out if you know what you're doing.

Shawn Hopkins is offline TZ Member of the Year 2013
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash View Post
    From an E-shop perspective, this isn't that bad. If these were boxed copies, then perhaps it'd be rough, but this is surprising all the more.
    Oh, so these are just downloadables.
    Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

I'm very humble, too.

GWOtaku is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    While it's not official yet, there are now reports of multiple retailers getting word that the Wii U will be released in November this year. The 18th to be exact, which would be consistent with when the Wii and Gamecube were launched. It's also right before the start of the holiday shopping season, so there's good reason to think this is going to be Nintendo's plan in the end.

The last few days have also seen multiple conflicting reports about how powerful the Wii U system is going to be, to the point hat citing them feels futile to me since it's just one source's word against another source's word against still some other source's word. About equal, a bit better, a bit worse, every possiblity's been suggested by now. A Nintendo of America rep chose to respond by saying "We do not focus on technology specs. We understand that people like to dissect graphics and processing power, but the experience of playing will always be more important than raw numbers.”

My response to it all is to just throw up my hands and wait for hard facts at E3.
    I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

Takao is offline Fight the darkness all around
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My opinion here is the same as the PS4/Orbis thread. If it doesn't come from the horse's mouth, don't believe it.

I couldn't imagine Nintendo would try getting away with releasing hardware that is inferior in anyway to what we already have in 2012. That's basically asking to be an abandoned platform next generation, and the Wii is in the grave while the PS3, and 360 still chug along because of that.
    I Miss Bionix - Canada's only source for anime news
    Project Rising Beetle - The #1 English Medabots community
    NearVita.com - Exclusive news, reviews and more on the PlayStation Vita

GWOtaku is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Miyamoto's working on new Pikmin, and it looks like a Mario game for Wii U will be revealed at E3. Some excerpts from Eurogamer:

Earlier today Spanish newspaper El Mundo, which interviewed Shigeru Miyamoto while he was in Paris to promote the Nintendo-designed 3DS tour guide at the Louvre, claimed the legendary designer "anticipates that the next E3 will present a Super Mario for the new console".
    "Miyamoto, who smiled during all the interview - even when he wants to change the topic because 'it's not the moment' to talk about Wii U - thinks that the experience and the new game modes of this new console won't be 'easily replicated in other devices', which will allow them to escape the new tablet competition.
    Meanwhile, Miyamoto was quoted as saying to El Mundo: "I'm working on several projects but I think that I cannot talk about them all [laughs]. Some are small but important projects for Wii U. Also on a new Pikmin, which will take advantage of the new HD screen resolution, and on Luigi's Mansion for 3DS."
    The Mario news ties into some speculation going on over the fact that Nintendo of America recently licensed SuperMario4.com. I'm not so sure, but if NSMB Wii gets a SMB 3-esque sequel I sure won't be complaining.
    I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

Matt Hazuda is offline Nerfariously planning
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm guessing the Smash Bros sequel will also end up on the Wii U. I can't see Nintendo squandering resources on the Wii when they could have it for the new system if production still hasn't even started. Maybe they can actually get online play right this time around.
    Last edited by Matt Hazuda; 04-17-2012 at 08:45 AM.
    Yup. It's a signature. Go away if you're expecting something interesting here.

Daxdiv is offline The Fool!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wonder if this means that a new Mario game will come out with the console on launch day. Something that hasn't happened in a while (No, I don't count Super Mario 64 DS and Luigi's Mansion) My God, if this is true then this is a day one buy.

Jave is offline So Smashing... In Space!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    If they have even that New Super Mario Bros Mii demo available as a full game at Wii U launch, then they have a system seller for sure.
    Jave's Support Gallery - My Tumblr Blog detailing my current run of Fire Emblem: Awakening.

What a Cartoon Review Blog - My own project where the goal is to write a detailed review to the original 48 WAC shorts.

Takao is offline Fight the darkness all around
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nintendo announcing a new Mario game. I am shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Hazuda View Post
    I'm guessing the Smash Bros sequel will also end up on the Wii U. I can't see Nintendo squandering resources on the Wii U when they could have it for the new system if production still hasn't even started. Maybe they can actually get online play right this time around.
    Wasn't this announced at E3 during a round table alongside the 3DS game?
    I Miss Bionix - Canada's only source for anime news
    Project Rising Beetle - The #1 English Medabots community
    NearVita.com - Exclusive news, reviews and more on the PlayStation Vita

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Takao View Post
    Nintendo announcing a new Mario game. I am shocked.
    There's no call for the sarcasm. Fans know Mario games for Nintendo systems are a given, but that doesn't mean we can't get excited about it anyway.

As for me, NSMB Wii was one of my favorite games for the Wii, so if there was a sequel, I'd be on board for sure. Though a Galaxy-esque game would be A-OK too.