Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast
    GWOtaku is online now Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jave View Post
    Still, calling it a bomb is a huge exaggeration. The game still has plenty of time to sell and not everyone has jumped into the 3DS ship yet.

Relax, man. You're putting way too much thought into this.
    Agreed. Besides, Japan sales aren't too good at indicating how sales abroad will do.

I was actually totally indifferent to this at first but given how it could lead to the next game and even helpfully summarizes the story up to this point, I'm totally in for it. I'm also hoping the gameplay feels more dynamic on this platform than 358/2 Days did on the DS; I gave it a very long try but I couldn't get engrossed in it after coming fresh off of Kingdom Hearts 2.

Hunchback of Notre Dame references = happy GWO. The more the better.
    I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

Takao is online now Fight the darkness all around
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GWOtaku View Post
    Agreed. Besides, Japan sales aren't too good at indicating how sales abroad will do.

I was actually totally indifferent to this at first but given how it could lead to the next game and even helpfully summarizes the story up to this point, I'm totally in for it. I'm also hoping the gameplay feels more dynamic on this platform than 358/2 Days did on the DS; I gave it a very long try but I couldn't get engrossed in it after coming fresh off of Kingdom Hearts 2.

Hunchback of Notre Dame references = happy GWO. The more the better.
    3DS's strongest single territory is Japan. Poor performance there could indicate poor performance internationally.

Have you played Birth By Sleep? It's arguably the best KH game, and the one the team behind 3D made first. Due to who's making it (Square Enix's Osaka team versus h.a.n.d.) it'll automatically have more in common with BBS than the DS stuff. Which is a good thing, given the DS games are largely considered the worst KH games.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    Well, maybe if they stop with all this midquel, prequel crap, the sales will go up again. Besides, so what if the sales are low now? I wouldn't be surprised that sales for all previous KH games skyrocket once KH3 comes out.
    KH3 will come out after Final Fantasy Versus does. Which is to say we're looking at like 2015 at the earliest. There's no way DDD is still on shelves by that time.
    I Miss Bionix - Canada's only source for anime news
    Project Rising Beetle - The #1 English Medabots community
    NearVita.com - Exclusive news, reviews and more on the PlayStation Vita

Luna is offline Daydreamer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm happy to see that the game's coming out in July (for some reason,I wasn't expecting it to come out until fall at the earliest)....I've liked all the games in the series so far,but some are better than others (My personal favorites for the gameplay are Birth By Sleep and Re:Chain of Memories,and my least favorite is Re:Coded,though the cutscenes were good,and I liked the "Avatar Menu")...
    "Yeah,well,I've got a dream too.But it's about singing and dancing and making people happy.That's the kind of dream that gets better the more people you share it with.And well,I've found a whole bunch of friends who have the same dream.And it kind of makes us like a family." -Kermit the Frog (The Muppet Movie)

TheGunheart is offline Darkness and Disgrace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Might also be a case of changing console manufacturers. Note how all the "worst sellers" were on Nintendo platforms, as opposed to the series' PlayStation roots.
    Save a webcomic! Read Commander Kitty!
    YOU GOT YOUR HEAD ALL TANGLED UP, BUT IF ONLY I COULD MAKE YOU CARE...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Second week drop of 80%. That's the second highest in franchise history, and the third worst second week numbers of all KH games. This game is a failure. It'll struggle to reach half of Birth By Sleep's numbers, and won't even touch the latter's first week.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGunheart View Post
    Might also be a case of changing console manufacturers. Note how all the "worst sellers" were on Nintendo platforms, as opposed to the series' PlayStation roots.
    This game probably should've been on PSP and 3DS.

NewcomerDC is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Takao
    Second week drop of 80%. That's the second highest in franchise history, and the third worst second week numbers of all KH games. This game is a failure. It'll struggle to reach half of Birth By Sleep's numbers, and won't even touch the latter's first week.

This game probably should've been on PSP and 3DS.
    The game's already on the 3DS. Did you mean that you wished the game was coming to the PSP? You're right since, if we don't count Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, each system (PS2 and DS) have had two games each while other systems (GBA and PSP) had one game apiece. I'm glad it's not for the PS Vita. The system looks great but until I make some more
    money, the Vita's out of my league.

With all of this talk about the game's success, I think it's still going to be a big hit. I do, however, understand about the gamers who don't have the funds for the 3DS though Nintendo has moved on to creating new games to hype up the system and its popularity. Same with Sony moving away from the PSP, with evidence such as select GaneStops no longer selling games for that system both new and pre-owned, to the PS Vita. It's a shame but that's business nowadays.
    I don't need a signature. I'm too cool for one. LOL

Jave is online now So Smashing... In Space!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Apparently, the reason for the huge drop in sales in Japan after the first week is that there's a game breaking glitch in the game that pretty much ruins your entire save file and forces you to start all over. Square-Enix is releasing another version of the game with the glitch fixed, so a lot of gamers are holding off until that version is out.

Not sure what will happen to those that already own the game, though. I'm guessing they'll be getting a replacement, or an online patch.
    Jave's Support Gallery - My Tumblr Blog detailing my current run of Fire Emblem: Awakening.

What a Cartoon Review Blog - My own project where the goal is to write a detailed review to the original 48 WAC shorts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The bugs don't explain the game's poor performance. It'll just ensure the game doesn't have any legs as games plagued with bugs that get a re-release generally have the damage already done.

Ryusuke is offline SomethingWithTheR
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The soundtrack's out now. Probably my favorite in the series. The songs sound more like a traditional Square soundtrack, but it's very whimsical and uplifting. I love that each the boss battles get their own track. The boss fight theme for Tron is my favorite. If only they could did the same for certain cutscenes...*hinttheendingscenetothetronworldhint*

Oh, and new English footage and it comes in Europe July 20th (....they get it early! D'oh! ><).

"Don't take life too seriously; you'll never make it out alive!"
    - Bugs Bunny, "Rabbit Feat" (1960)

River26 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The ESRB tagged it as well

• E10+ (Everyone 10 and up)

The following is slightly spoiler
    Spoiler:
    This is an action role-playing game in which players control Sora and Riku, two characters who travel through dreams to stop an evil villain. Players use magic spells and a large key-shaped sword to defeat animal- or spirit-like creatures and classic Disney villains (e.g., Monstro the whale, Ursula the sea witch); some attacks result in colorful explosions and shockwaves that dispatch multiple enemies at once. Comical yelps can be heard throughout, and damage is indicated by depleting health meters. Some cutscenes depict other perilous situations (e.g., a woman getting rescued from being burned at the stake; a man getting struck in the chest with a sword).
    Zeta26's DA Profile (yoroshiku!) ^^

Join in the PS4 discussions ^^ http://www.toonzone.net/forums/video...ulation-5.html