Quantcast
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Zorak Masaki is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Listening to music while playing video games?

Like This Thread!
    Does anyone here have music playing in the background when you play video games? I used to do that quite a bit in the NES era, as well as when i played computer games (especially during first person shooter games like doom and duke nukem). Dont do it anymore, though if more recent games had a "turn music off" function i might play music in the background again.

Lord Dalek is offline Uncreative Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I often turn on Korobiniki or any other more notable Tetris tracks when playing versions that either lack that music or music in general.

Daxdiv is offline The Fool!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Whatever I rip to my Xbox360 incase the music for the game get on my nerves. For everything else either what I have in my CD player or on the computer.

Michael24 is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I haven't done it but maybe just a few times. For whatever reason, if I'm playing a game with the volume turned down and music playing from a CD, I find it distracting, especially if it's something I like to sing along to. So I normally just play games while leaving the game volume up.
    LiveJournal | My Kevin Conroy Fan Page
    Current TV Favorites: Arrow, Bates Motel, Big Bang Theory, Blue Bloods, Criminal Minds, Elementary, Family Guy, The Flash, Gotham, Justified, Longmire, Ripper Street, Sleepy Hollow, Stalker, Toy Hunter, Unforgettable.

Mynd Hed is offline Holy blue on a popo!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A little Del tha Funkee Homo Sapien in the background increases my skills exponentiously. (-: Small side note, I never realized how much EVERY OTHER CONSOLE EVER sucks for not making custom soundtracks a standard feature until I got a 360. (-:

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I listen to music pretty whenever I play video games unless the game itself has a worthwhile soundtrack which I'm not bored with. It's downright essential with fighting games and racing games. When my friend and I play Smash Bros. we turn the SFX completely up and put on his iPod stereo thing to listen to fast paced music to fight to.

For the latest Toonami news and programming discussion, listen to the weekly Toonami Faithful Podcast

Check out an exclusive interview with Boondocks and Black Dynamite director LeSean Thomas

Vermunium is offline Changing the waves..
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    With the kinds of games I generally play, the music is integral to the game, Frequency, Amplitude, Rez, Gitaroo Man, and many DDR games. You kind of need the music there. I always stick with the music that comes with the game.
    I should put something here. I don't know what though.

Zeonic Freak is offline The Heartbeat of America...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I know recently i stuck my flash into my XBox with Initial D music on there, and played that playing Forza 2. It put me in a "initial d" mode with eurobeat blaring though the speakers with engine rev's and squeeling tires.

Then i get the real ID experiance when i go to the arcades whenever my friend and i have time...
    Part of a podcast that likes old school anime, but will find something to dislike about it. And we talk about other stuff.
    The Anime of Yesteryear Podcast

MattThomasM2B is offline The End Is Here.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've done it a couple of times, but generally I find it too much work to cherry pick which music goes with the game I'm playing.
    "Your son's sandbox is now a smoldering crater of freedom!" - G.W. Bush.

Luna is offline Daydreamer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Most of the time,I do have my stereo on while playing video games,with the sound muted on the TV....I think I got into that habit from my older brothers,who used to do the same....The only games I regularly keep the sound on for are the Mario series and the Legend of Zelda series since I like the music,and the English language Kingdom Hearts games,since I love both the music and the voices {I have a tendancy to sing along to "This is Halloween" when Sora and Co. are in Halloween Town....I'm a big Nightmare Before Christmas fan ...}
    "Yeah,well,I've got a dream too.But it's about singing and dancing and making people happy.That's the kind of dream that gets better the more people you share it with.And well,I've found a whole bunch of friends who have the same dream.And it kind of makes us like a family." -Kermit the Frog (The Muppet Movie)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast