Wonderwall is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Picked up where I left in Darksiders and I remember what one of the reasons was that I stopped( aside from school and Mass Effect 3 ) and that was trying to remember all the controls that sometimes are more complicated than they need to be. Doesn't help that I was trying to figure them out during a particularly tough boss fight.

defunctzombie is online now I have chortles!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I just beat Red in Pokemon Crystal with my least likely team ever:

Dragonite (56)
    Victreebell (50)
    Jolteon (51)
    Typhlosion (50)
    Suicune (48)
    ...and Shuckle (31)

If Dragonite hadn't been holding leftovers, that Snorlax would have wasted me.
    Stalemate Resolution Associate for Video Games and Cafe Toonzone
    tumblr/Nintendo ID: defunctzombie

King9 is offline Embraced One
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Final. Fantasy. Tactics. It's so goo. I never beat it when I was younger and its been like 12 years since I last played it. It's like a bike though.
    Toonzone Bronies - "We would be honored to have you." ~ Twilight Sparkle

Daxdiv is online now Hex Girl Yo!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Recent stuff so far

Kid Icarus Uprising: A lot of content in this game

DOTA 2: Been pubstomping as Ursa a lot, but thinking a lot about using a different hero as I can't rely on Ursa always. I was thinking about using Tidehunter, Sniper, Pudge, Sven, and maybe Crystal Maiden and Witch Doctor.

Xenoblade Chronicles: This game reminds me that I need to update the TV I have in my room.

Been Replaying

Mega Man 9: This is officially my favorite Mega Man game ever. I just love all the power ups in this game and the soundtrack is still awesome as ever.

Pokémon Sapphire: 6 Badges in and I'm using a combination of monsters I used before and some I never used before, As per tradition, I love giving my team cute little nicknames based on stuff I either play, watch, read. Can you guess where most of my names came from? Right now my team is

Emi/Swellow Level 33 ♀
    Magellan/Weezing 35 ♂
    Astrid/Vibrava 35 ♀
    Zatch/Manetric 32 ♂
    Leafie/Ludicolo 33 ♀
    Foghorn/Blaziken 36 ♂

Currently raising my team for Tate and Liza., then the assault on Aqua's hidden base. I just wish this game stop reminding me that time based events won't work anymore.

WolfieKiwi is offline We lil' devils
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King9 View Post
    Wind Waker is awesome. In a lot of ways I like it more than Ocarina. And there are little touches like the sound the wind waker makes, the noises enemies make, and the overall look that really make it for me. Sailing everywhere is kind of a pain, but it adds some realism to the game.
    Sure is. Currently playing some Skyward Sword---and there were urges every now and then to just stop playing and start a new file in Wind Waker. XD
    Check out my deviantART =]

Punisher is offline One Shot At Glory
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I finally got around to playing Donkey Kong Country Returns for the Wii. Far and away the best Wii game out there. It was frustrating at times, but I expect no less from a Donkey Kong Country game and it really impressed me with how faithful it was to the SNES originals while still adding in enough new elements to make it unique. Those rocket barrel stages....good lord. I remember the one world with like, three minecart stages in a row, I was in disbelief that they would be so cruel. Overall though, I really fell in love with DKCR and when I get some free time I can't wait to go back and try to complete it 100%.

I've been on a 2D platformer binge since then, playing NSMB over again and then I went out and got Rayman Origins. Brutal isn't even a good enough word to describe the skull tooth challenges in that game...its entirely dependent on skill and watching a thousand different playthroughs won't help you at all. I did finally beat it though, but man...I think I've had enough of playing punishing 2D platformers for now. Between Rayman and DKCR, I feel almost physically exhausted after playing through those two games.
    "There comes a time in your life when you have to make a decision, you have to choose. Do you want to wear Armani suits? Or do you want to take care of orphans?" Me, I choose to wear Armani suits. Let somebody else take care of those spoiled brats."-Kurt Angle

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
    I finally got around to playing Donkey Kong Country Returns for the Wii. Far and away the best Wii game out there. It was frustrating at times, but I expect no less from a Donkey Kong Country game and it really impressed me with how faithful it was to the SNES originals while still adding in enough new elements to make it unique. Those rocket barrel stages....good lord. I remember the one world with like, three minecart stages in a row, I was in disbelief that they would be so cruel. Overall though, I really fell in love with DKCR and when I get some free time I can't wait to go back and try to complete it 100%.

I've been on a 2D platformer binge since then, playing NSMB over again and then I went out and got Rayman Origins. Brutal isn't even a good enough word to describe the skull tooth challenges in that game...its entirely dependent on skill and watching a thousand different playthroughs won't help you at all. I did finally beat it though, but man...I think I've had enough of playing punishing 2D platformers for now. Between Rayman and DKCR, I feel almost physically exhausted after playing through those two games.
    True that, DKC Returns was excellence. It worked as both a great nostalgia trip and by offering legitimate challenge.

As for me, I bought Metal Gear Solid HD Collection a week or so ago and re-played MGS 2 and 3, having not done so in years (man, I feel old typing that). And... while I acknowledge some merits to Snake Eater that I may not have previously, on balance, I still like the second game more than the third. If anyone wants me to go into detail, I can, but I think this subject might be a bit of dead horse territory...

Just starting Peace Walker, though I'm kinda MGS'd out at the moment. I might take a break from the disc until next weekend. From what I've played so far, though, can't say I'm a big fan of the still image execution to the cinemas...

defunctzombie is online now I have chortles!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Daedalus View Post
    From what I've played so far, though, can't say I'm a big fan of the still image execution to the cinemas...
    Glad to see I'm not alone. I got this game a few days ago, and to be honest, the comic book approach was a bad idea. If the point is to save disc space, I'd rather forgo the fanciness and just use basic models.
    Stalemate Resolution Associate for Video Games and Cafe Toonzone
    tumblr/Nintendo ID: defunctzombie

Leaping Larry Jojo is offline Searching for a map
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King9 View Post
    Wind Waker is awesome. In a lot of ways I like it more than Ocarina. And there are little touches like the sound the wind waker makes, the noises enemies make, and the overall look that really make it for me. Sailing everywhere is kind of a pain, but it adds some realism to the game.
    This is my favourite 3d Zelda game. The controls are refined and the world is immersive. My only knock against it is that it could use 1 more dungeon. No problems with the triforce sail search.

Magus is offline Badguy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition 2012

I just tried going through Ibuki's and Cammy's trial. For Ibuki I made it all the way to trial 21, and for Cammy, only trial 11. For the most part Ibuki seems like a rather easy character to learn, but I hear she's very execution heavy. The same goes for Cammy. Both characters seem like a lot of fun, especially Ibuki. In any case, my brother-in-law will be back in the states within the next couple of weeks and I figured now would be a good time to start putting in more time for these 2 characters (along with Makoto and probably C.Viper).
    If you're going to light the fire, you better be prepared to put out the flame. ~Lex Luthor~