Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 153 of 172 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,060 of 3433
    Cyberville Outcast is offline The Busiest Lazy Guy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Thanks to one of my friends, I started playing Dead Space 2 again yesterday, after 4 months of being stuck with two big necromorphs (having VERY little health AND ammo). It was horrible!
    From entertainment to animation to life, I talk about anything here:

http://cybervillesanctuary.blogspot.com/

Miyamoto Musashi is offline Sword Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Angry Birds, played it like crazy
    Blogger
    Humans are the most peculiar of the living creatures
    Nowdays I can hardly be surprised

Dragnatek is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Been playing Golden Sun and Golden sun lost age. I beat the first game just started the second game. I really wish I had access to a second Gameboy advanced so I would transfer my file easier. the password for the gold transfer is insane and well I could not get silver right ether.

Also I'm glad I bought these games now and not back in the day. I really dislike paying full price for half a game and that's what Golden sun felt like, it was half the quest, half the story and ends at the half way point.

Speaking of games that feel like half the story I really should beat Arc the Lad Two. I'm in the final area. Though it it's case it's more 9/10ths the story while the first game was only the first tenth. Yeah Arc one felt like a prologue and not a real game.

King9 is offline Embraced One
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Still have Dwarf Fortress going on and now I'm finally playing Zelda: Wind Waker. My friend loves Wind Waker and talks about it all the time. I love it so far.
    Toonzone Bronies - "We would be honored to have you." ~ Twilight Sparkle

Classic Speedy is offline It's not Regis!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So I bought Brawl Brothers from the Virtual Console. The first game, Rival Turf!, was no masterpiece, and I wouldn't even call it a "good" game, but it was an OK time passer. However, I was told that the sequel would be an improvement.

Well, I didn't think it was. The game engine isn't really that much better (there are still hit detection issues where you feel like you should've hit an enemy but don't for some reason), the levels are long and boring, both from a design standpoint and an artwork standpoint, it still had clunky animation, and the music isn't very memorable. It even had less levels than the first game! The only thing I kinda liked was one of the bosses, who rotated the room 90 degrees every so often. That was cool. But everything else about the game was hard to get excited about; it was a very generic beat-em-up and I doubt I'll be playing it again.

Kiddington is offline tut tut
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Pokemon update? Pokemon update.

Currently playing through Emerald now, and am in fact almost done (just finished the 8th badge the other day). The team is as follows:

Altaria - Lv. 53
    Blaziken - Lv. 48
    Claydol - Lv. 47
    Milotic - Lv. 49
    Raichu - Lv. 50 (WITH VOLT TACKLE AWWWWW YEEEEEAAAAAH)
    Vileplume - Lv. 51

No, that is not a typo; I do actually have a Milotic on my team. I still can't believe I even had the patience to sit through the whole Feebas process (took me TWO DAYS to catch it), but it's over and done with, and now I finally have one.

...as for the rest of the team, not too much else here that I haven't already used before to some degree, other than Claydol. Claydol is all new to me, and having never raised one before, I am a bit disappointed in its low attacking stats. Still though, progressing through the main storyline is pretty much a cinche no matter who you use, and he makes up for it with a nice type combo and movepool anyway, so it's fine.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wind Waker is awesome. In a lot of ways I like it more than Ocarina. And there are little touches like the sound the wind waker makes, the noises enemies make, and the overall look that really make it for me. Sailing everywhere is kind of a pain, but it adds some realism to the game.

Jave is offline So Smashing... In Space! Magma Champion Robots and Aliens: Reactor Twist 3D Champion
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Currently playing:

- Kid Icarus Uprising (3DS): This game is so amazing. Great production values and packed with content. You did it again, SAKURAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIII!

- Mario Kart 7 (3DS): I'm done with single player mode, but this is my to-go choice in order to have some online matches.

- Etrian Odyssey (DS): Just got this game and playing it on small bursts. It's fun, but requires too much grinding.

Currently Re-playing:

- Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones (GBA VC on 3DS): Not stopping with this game until I complete the Support library.

- Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney (DS): I've been replaying the whole AA series lately, and I'm at Case 3 of this game.

- The World Ends With You (DS): Deleted my data and started all over. This is one of the best games ever, and it's amazing how great it feels even on replays.
    Jave's Support Gallery - My Tumblr Blog detailing my current run of Fire Emblem: Awakening.

What a Cartoon Review Blog - My own project where the goal is to write a detailed review to the original 48 WAC shorts.

Grave is offline Badguy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I fired up Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 and am enjoying it. I know Capcom is pretty much on everyone's hitlist and whatnot, but personally, I ignore a lot of that stuff since I could careless.

Anyway, my main team will be Dante, Vergil and am currently undecided on who I want that 3rd member to be. I'm bouncing between Magneto, Dr. Doom, Spencer, Taskmaster, Wolverine, Nova, Strider, and C.Viper.

So many characters to choose from, and that's what I'm liking about this game the most. The large # of characters and most of them are characters that I'd actually use. The only characters you'd probably never catch me using (no matter how good they are) are Phoenix Wright, Rocket Racoon (despite seeing a sick video of him in action), Frank West, Amaterasu, Tron, Hsien Ko, Viewtiful Joe, Arthur, MODOK, and Firebrand.

Everyone else is fair game. Enough for me to even consider a second and third team. Although, those teams will either be team Dante or team Vergil.

I will eventually get back to playing Super Street Fighter 4, but right now, UMvC3 is what I needed. Mindless fun, not to mention watching some of these videos of tournaments is too hype. I don't mind the thinking game that comes along with SSF4, but the whole FADC is too much for me at the moment.

I also have King of Fighters 13, but I've yet to fire it up, but the videos I've seen of that is hype as well.
    Current Games
    SSF4:AE2012 - Dudley
    3rd Strike - Dudley
    GGXXAC+R - Order-Sol, Sol Badguy, Johnny
    BlazBlue - Jin

Scrappy-Fan92 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Bought Crash Bandicoot 2 from PSN. Way better than the 1st.

Wonderwall is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Picked up where I left in Darksiders and I remember what one of the reasons was that I stopped( aside from school and Mass Effect 3 ) and that was trying to remember all the controls that sometimes are more complicated than they need to be. Doesn't help that I was trying to figure them out during a particularly tough boss fight.

defunctzombie is offline Stalemate Resolution Associate
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just beat Red in Pokemon Crystal with my least likely team ever:

Dragonite (56)
    Victreebell (50)
    Jolteon (51)
    Typhlosion (50)
    Suicune (48)
    ...and Shuckle (31)

If Dragonite hadn't been holding leftovers, that Snorlax would have wasted me.
    LATEST ARTICLE: Samurai Jack: Beyond Nostalgia
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    "Fooooooooooolish samurai!"
    My experiences in Japan as told by comics: my tumblr <3

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Final. Fantasy. Tactics. It's so goo. I never beat it when I was younger and its been like 12 years since I last played it. It's like a bike though.

Daxdiv is online now Hex Girl Yo! Space Invaders Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Recent stuff so far

Kid Icarus Uprising: A lot of content in this game

DOTA 2: Been pubstomping as Ursa a lot, but thinking a lot about using a different hero as I can't rely on Ursa always. I was thinking about using Tidehunter, Sniper, Pudge, Sven, and maybe Crystal Maiden and Witch Doctor.

Xenoblade Chronicles: This game reminds me that I need to update the TV I have in my room.

Been Replaying

Mega Man 9: This is officially my favorite Mega Man game ever. I just love all the power ups in this game and the soundtrack is still awesome as ever.

Pokémon Sapphire: 6 Badges in and I'm using a combination of monsters I used before and some I never used before, As per tradition, I love giving my team cute little nicknames based on stuff I either play, watch, read. Can you guess where most of my names came from? Right now my team is

Emi/Swellow Level 33 ♀
    Magellan/Weezing 35 ♂
    Astrid/Vibrava 35 ♀
    Zatch/Manetric 32 ♂
    Leafie/Ludicolo 33 ♀
    Foghorn/Blaziken 36 ♂

Currently raising my team for Tate and Liza., then the assault on Aqua's hidden base. I just wish this game stop reminding me that time based events won't work anymore.

WolfieKiwi is offline We lil' devils
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King9 View Post
    Wind Waker is awesome. In a lot of ways I like it more than Ocarina. And there are little touches like the sound the wind waker makes, the noises enemies make, and the overall look that really make it for me. Sailing everywhere is kind of a pain, but it adds some realism to the game.
    Sure is. Currently playing some Skyward Sword---and there were urges every now and then to just stop playing and start a new file in Wind Waker. XD
    Check out my deviantART =]

Punisher is offline One Shot At Glory
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I finally got around to playing Donkey Kong Country Returns for the Wii. Far and away the best Wii game out there. It was frustrating at times, but I expect no less from a Donkey Kong Country game and it really impressed me with how faithful it was to the SNES originals while still adding in enough new elements to make it unique. Those rocket barrel stages....good lord. I remember the one world with like, three minecart stages in a row, I was in disbelief that they would be so cruel. Overall though, I really fell in love with DKCR and when I get some free time I can't wait to go back and try to complete it 100%.

I've been on a 2D platformer binge since then, playing NSMB over again and then I went out and got Rayman Origins. Brutal isn't even a good enough word to describe the skull tooth challenges in that game...its entirely dependent on skill and watching a thousand different playthroughs won't help you at all. I did finally beat it though, but man...I think I've had enough of playing punishing 2D platformers for now. Between Rayman and DKCR, I feel almost physically exhausted after playing through those two games.
    "There comes a time in your life when you have to make a decision, you have to choose. Do you want to wear Armani suits? Or do you want to take care of orphans?" Me, I choose to wear Armani suits. Let somebody else take care of those spoiled brats."-Kurt Angle

Classic Speedy is offline It's not Regis!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
    I finally got around to playing Donkey Kong Country Returns for the Wii. Far and away the best Wii game out there. It was frustrating at times, but I expect no less from a Donkey Kong Country game and it really impressed me with how faithful it was to the SNES originals while still adding in enough new elements to make it unique. Those rocket barrel stages....good lord. I remember the one world with like, three minecart stages in a row, I was in disbelief that they would be so cruel. Overall though, I really fell in love with DKCR and when I get some free time I can't wait to go back and try to complete it 100%.

I've been on a 2D platformer binge since then, playing NSMB over again and then I went out and got Rayman Origins. Brutal isn't even a good enough word to describe the skull tooth challenges in that game...its entirely dependent on skill and watching a thousand different playthroughs won't help you at all. I did finally beat it though, but man...I think I've had enough of playing punishing 2D platformers for now. Between Rayman and DKCR, I feel almost physically exhausted after playing through those two games.
    True that, DKC Returns was excellence. It worked as both a great nostalgia trip and by offering legitimate challenge.

As for me, I bought Metal Gear Solid HD Collection a week or so ago and re-played MGS 2 and 3, having not done so in years (man, I feel old typing that). And... while I acknowledge some merits to Snake Eater that I may not have previously, on balance, I still like the second game more than the third. If anyone wants me to go into detail, I can, but I think this subject might be a bit of dead horse territory...

Just starting Peace Walker, though I'm kinda MGS'd out at the moment. I might take a break from the disc until next weekend. From what I've played so far, though, can't say I'm a big fan of the still image execution to the cinemas...

defunctzombie is offline Stalemate Resolution Associate
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Daedalus View Post
    From what I've played so far, though, can't say I'm a big fan of the still image execution to the cinemas...
    Glad to see I'm not alone. I got this game a few days ago, and to be honest, the comic book approach was a bad idea. If the point is to save disc space, I'd rather forgo the fanciness and just use basic models.
    LATEST ARTICLE: Samurai Jack: Beyond Nostalgia
    "Fooooooooooolish samurai!"
    My experiences in Japan as told by comics: my tumblr <3

Leaping Larry Jojo is offline Searching for a map
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King9 View Post
    This is my favourite 3d Zelda game. The controls are refined and the world is immersive. My only knock against it is that it could use 1 more dungeon. No problems with the triforce sail search.

Grave is offline Badguy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition 2012

I just tried going through Ibuki's and Cammy's trial. For Ibuki I made it all the way to trial 21, and for Cammy, only trial 11. For the most part Ibuki seems like a rather easy character to learn, but I hear she's very execution heavy. The same goes for Cammy. Both characters seem like a lot of fun, especially Ibuki. In any case, my brother-in-law will be back in the states within the next couple of weeks and I figured now would be a good time to start putting in more time for these 2 characters (along with Makoto and probably C.Viper).
    Current Games
    SSF4:AE2012 - Dudley
    3rd Strike - Dudley
    GGXXAC+R - Order-Sol, Sol Badguy, Johnny
    BlazBlue - Jin