{990x40}
Community Login: (Create an Account)
Follow Us:
{featured_728x90}
    Toon Zone is offline The Ultimate Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Traditional Saturday morning programming on U.S. broadcast television will come to an end this September when the Vortexx programming block on the CW Network will be replaced with One Magnificent Morning, a five-hour E/I programming block geared toward teens and their parents. The block will contain inspirational and entertaining live-action programming that focuses on family-friendly topics; based on the shows scheduled to air, the block is probably being produced by Litton Entertainment. Throughout its two-year run, Nielsen ratings indicate that Vortexx has had trouble establishing an audience against heavy competition from cable.

Children’s programming on Saturday mornings rose to prominence on the...

View the Full Article
    Toon Zone

Ben Garrett is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes

Thank God

Saban is almost dead again

SemiJuggalo is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And nothing of value was lost!

As long as Digimon Fusion is still on Nicktoons Network, I really don't care about the loss of Vortexx. Besides, you can't expect a programming block to "click" with anyone when most of your shows are over a decade old!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't watch Vortexx, but this news really boils my blood. Just the fact that they have a show called "Swag" really ticks me off. That word is a cancerous lump and it needs to be surgically removed from the English language.
    My favorite animated shows.

I do not advocate the cool crime of robbery.

LDEJRuff is offline I'll be back...
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Oh, no! If Vortexx goes off the air, that means no more Yu-Gi-Oh!, no more Sonic X, no more Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL, and no more Digimon Fusion for me! Know why? I don't have Nicktoons, because I don't have Dish's Top 250 package. This is so unfair.

And I definitely won't get to see the English dub of Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V be televised.
    Last edited by LDEJRuff; 06-09-2014 at 12:40 PM.

Happy 15th, Family Guy

pof203 Guest

No!

THEY CAN'T DO THIS TO ME! I was going to suggest that they put Shaman King on the Vortexx only to find that it's going to be gone! Can't do this! I already lost Motorcity, Monsuno, Winx Club, Young Justice, even Huntik! If Saban does not change their mind before fall, GOD WILL GIVE THEM BLOOD TO DRINK!!!

Raub_Ritter Guest

It's sad day indeed. Advertisers not to bright.

I am surprised that advertisers would agree to dropping this format on Saturday mornings. No children are going to watch these new E/I programs. Especially when they were used to getting up Saturday mornings to watch their beloved Saturday morning programs.
    If they wanted to watch E/I programs, they could/would have just turned on PBS and watch them without commercials.
    Advertisers are going to lose millions because of this. Sad thing is, it will take them a while to figure out why sales have dropped. (Clueless suits)
    Guess the children (Old & Young) will just get up later now and then turn on their Playstation / Gameboy, etc...and not even bother with any channel on T.V.