Quantcast
    Toon Zone is offline The Ultimate Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Warner Bros Animation promoted their executive vice president, Sam Register, to president of the company’s historically significant animation division...

View the Full Article
    Toon Zone

Lemanic is offline Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    And here I thought WBA actually gave a damn about quality and care. I say Craig McCracken would've been a better choice.

Silverstar is offline Comfortably Dumb
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemanic View Post
    And here I thought WBA actually gave a damn about quality and care. I say Craig McCracken would've been a better choice.
    That was never going to happen. Craig McCracken is working at Disney now, and anyway, just because someone has created a couple of shows doesn't mean that they can run a division of an entire company. That would be like naming JG Quintel head of Turner Broadcasting.
    Last edited by Silverstar; 04-24-2014 at 12:54 PM.
    Like cartoons, comedy, riffs, wisecracks, funny video clips and humorous commentary on animation and geek culture? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog.

Lemanic is offline Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverstar View Post
    That was never going to happen. Craig McCracken is working at Disney now, and anyway, just because someone has created a couple of shows doesn't mean that they can run a division of an entire company. That would be like naming JG Quintel head of Turner Broadcasting.
    He still have more credibility than that poser. Sam hasn't done a thing to prove he's president material. Being a sophomoric hipster is NOT president material.

Silverstar is offline Comfortably Dumb
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I neither know nor care about who's a "sophomoric hipster". I don't know the man personally, and neither, I suspect, do you, so what kind of person he is socially or in regards to popular culture is irrelevant unless it's somehow a detriment to his work ethic or his abilities to run an operation.

I'd just like to see someone take Warner Brothers Animation in a progressive, creative and innovative direction. That's not an endorsement for Register, 'cause I'd really like to see better than what we've been getting from WBA as of late, but how "hip" a person is or isn't doesn't figure into the equation. It's the quality of the studio's output that's important.
    Last edited by Silverstar; 04-25-2014 at 08:42 AM.
    Like cartoons, comedy, riffs, wisecracks, funny video clips and humorous commentary on animation and geek culture? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog.