Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

TMNT "Turtles in Space, Part 4: The Arena" Talkback (Spoilers

Like This Thread!
    As we near the finale to the Turtles in Space arc, we will find the Turtles fighting for their lives in the arena! As the title suggests. So talk and discuss!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Crap, can a mod add a poll please?

RAINMAN is offline Kikoutei Densetsu
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It about time this sega ends. I was getting bore of it.

RZetlin is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well there's a lot of action in this episode, but very little else.

It will get more interesting once the Federation arrives.

I predict the Federation will arrive and the turtles will escape along with the other gladiators.

Rating: 3.0/5

SirLemming is offline a playa in a world of NPCs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I knew one thing was missing from this gladiator tournament episode -- oh wait, there it is! "Finish me, please. I want to die with honor." Or whatever.

The story felt a little tired, but the action was pretty good.
    THE CASTLE OF SIR LEMMING
    THIS MONTH'S UPDATE: Christmas Countdown! 25 Christmas songs of interest.

ClockStomper is offline One who loves naked Kagome
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    90% of this episode was made up. (99.5% for last week's). That blob thing was in one panel in the comic, and the only people the Turtle's fought were those 4 Triceratons from the end. They did take Prime Leader hostage, but with guns. Still, I think the Toon version is more plausible and will wor better for later continuity (in defense of the comic, the two issues this saga's based on was a giant sci-fi parody, and wasn't supposed to be plausible or serious. The early issues were VERY "Kill Bill" like: Ultra violence mixed with homages & parodies.)

Stay tuned Turtle fans, next episode (or whenever the space adventure ends) we'll learn where the ooze that mutated the Turtles came from.
    Last edited by ClockStomper; 11-29-2003 at 02:42 PM.

Television Blows. So enjoy it.

"I imagine this will be the last time we speak..." David Palmer to a fugitive Jack Bauer in last year's season finale.

"Allow me to put on my analrapy stocking for just a second..."-Tobias Funke, analrapist, on his new branch of psychology mixing analysis and therapy.

Simpler Simon is offline Always in Style
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Glad to hear I wasn't the only one who found this episode to be a chore to watch. As open as I am to the Turtles going into space, this episode was just tired. They really should've ended this space arc one episode sooner. All the gladiator cliches are here, and the story just kinda stalls. Add bad voice-acting and bland fights, and this one gets a 2 from me.

Thank god this arc ends next week. I can't wait till we get back to Earth and find out why splinter's in that tank.

Shredder565 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, in the original comics:

Spoilers.

He is in the tank because of a mouser attack in the sewers. They modified this for the series a bit because the mousers and Stockman where all but destroyed by this point in the series, so it became because of Shredders injuries. My guess for the new version, The Guardians found him and took him to be 'repeaired' by the UTroms..

J.C. is offline Citizen of Cobra-La
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RAINMAN
    It about time this sega ends. I was getting bore of it.
    Yeah, I've been getting a little bored with this story arc too.

Spoiler:
    The writers have been stretching it out a bit too much with the last two episodes and it makes me wonder why this is five episodes long when City at War, an arc which lasted 13 issues in the comics, is being crammed into a simple three parter.

Oh well, I'll hold judgment on that move till I see the final result.

Quote Originally Posted by SirLemming
    I knew one thing was missing from this gladiator tournament episode -- oh wait, there it is! "Finish me, please. I want to die with honor." Or whatever.
    What cliche Gladiator/Arena theme episode would be complete without it?
    "I want to hurt this movie, but I can never hurt it like it's hurt me." - Crow T. Robot

Carlos is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ClockStomper
    90% of this episode was made up. (99.5% for last week's). That blob thing was in one panel in the comic, and the only people the Turtle's fought were those 4 Triceratons from the end. They did take Prime Leader hostage, but with guns. Still, I think the Toon version is more plausible and will wor better for later continuity (in defense of the comic, the two issues this saga's based on was a giant sci-fi parody, and wasn't supposed to be plausible or serious. The early issues were VERY "Kill Bill" like: Ultra violence mixed with homages & parodies.)

Stay tuned Turtle fans, next episode (or whenever the space adventure ends) we'll learn where the ooze that mutated the Turtles came from.
    Wow, 90% made up. Reminds me how Toei mixed filler with stories from the manga for DB/DBZ/GT, Saint Seiya, and Sailor Moon. Many thanks to you ClockStomper for keeping us informed about comic accuracy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast