0 0%
  • 2 shells

0 0%
  • 1 shell

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles "Return to New York, Part 3" Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!

The conclusion to the Turtles final showdown (for now) with Shredder!

Return to New York, Part 3
    The Turtles and Shredder must work together to defeat Stockman, but after that it's an all out fight to the finish.
    Last edited by Batman's Biggest Fan; 10-11-2003 at 10:09 AM.

Duke is offline Truer Words Were Never Spoken
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    GAH! I had to miss last week's episode to accept a certificate saying I'm smart. And my roommate's crappy VCR didn't record the episode! Damn you, FoxBox for not playing last week's episode as a repeat anymore!

I just noticed Baxter Stockman has Yami Yugi's voice. -_-

I love this new Baxter. He rocks!

I can't accept that Shredder was beaten so easily. I just can't.

Geez Shredder, you've really dropped the ball these past few episodes.

What happened to Baxter's self-healing things?

Geez, Baxter doesn't wanna die, does he?

LOL! Clever, Donny!

Wha? The Turtles actually hit Shredder? Amazing!

Leonardo>>I HAVE THE POWER!!!!!!!!

And nobody in the city notices the battle at the tower...

Those Foot vehicles remind me of those sewer vehicles the Rat King used in the old series.

Like I said in the Jackie Chan play-by-play, this has some really good fighting.

Why is it the heroes suddenly become more skilled without doing any training at all? Last time they could barely keep up with the Elite Ninjas, and now they kicked their butts easily.

Guardian-Dude>>Leo. I want to tell you about the Matrix.

If only they had a Manslayer with god-like speed.

Shread-Head with Leo's katanas. Nice.

Those are some cool shots.

The armor was EMPTY!?

First Movie all over again!
    Spubman: Defender of the Way of the Spub's Thingy of the Time Being:
    Anime: Miso Soup for the Soul

Anarky is offline Team Conan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sonicsgate.org :a 2-hour documentary chronicling the unique circumstances that led to the Sonics' exodus to OKC

(1967-2008) Seattle Supersonics

SirLemming is offline a playa in a world of NPCs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Did he just decapitate Shredder?

I guess the armor MUST have been empty... somehow...
    THE CASTLE OF SIR LEMMING
    THIS MONTH'S UPDATE: Christmas Countdown! 25 Christmas songs of interest.

Ian
    Ian is offline ¡Mierda santa! ¡Ninjas!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Empty" armor walks, thought. Creepy cool. And from what he says, Saki sounds A LOT older than he seems. Just what IS he? Want more.

"Why is it the heroes suddenly become more skilled without doing any training at all? Last time they could barely keep up with the Elite Ninjas, and now they kicked their butts easily."

Morale, maybe? The turtles WERE pretty shook up over Leo back then. Plus, it also happened to the Foot in "The Shredder Strikes Back pt. 2"

RZetlin is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm surprised that Leo chopped off the Shredder's head and didn't say, "Look, it's a robot!" It brings to the twist that the Shredder is maybe an immortal being.

The sword of Tengu is destroyed with the building, but Splinter is missing. Does that mean the rest of the season will be spent looking for Splinter?

Rating: 8/10

Ian
    Ian is offline ¡Mierda santa! ¡Ninjas!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Pretty much. The next episode sounds like a filler, and the final two episodes will be "The Search for Splinter".

Simpler Simon is offline Always in Style
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The dialogue may be cliche at times, and the pacing may be off, but I'll say this: the new TMNT series absolutely ROCKS when it counts!!! My jaw dropped when Shredder's head fell off, and then again when his body gets up, picks up the head and walks off into the flames?!! Sheesh, what *is* this guy? RZetlin is right, there's definitely a lot more to this Shredder than meets the eye. Hopefully we find out more when the season 2 episodes start.

Baxter was handled pretty well. I loved how he kept coming back, when in any other cartoon show the writers would've just let him fall to his death. Here though, they account for his genius by giving him rocket boosters - this guy just won't give up! However, it also made his defeat a little anti-climatic. You'd think his invincible armor would extend to his joints somehow as well. Still, they had to clear him out as quick as they could to make room for the Shredder battle. And since Baxter didn't really die, it leaves him open for some appearances down the line.

Best. Episode. Ever.

MJC
    MJC is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I thought it was interesting that Leo didn't have any problem killing Shredder (even it he wasn't successful). On most shows like this the hero would always say it's wrong to kill or something.

Good episode. A-
    The world's 225 richest people now have a combined wealth of $1 trillion. That's equal to the combined annual income of the world's 2.5 billion poorest people.

Something to think about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This leads for some interesting developments in Season 2, for instance how is Shredder still alive? And where will he go now? I know in the original comics, this was his last appearance, am I right? And they actually showed Leo decapitating Shredder, that's something I didn't expect.

Stripe is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I know, the TMNT have no problems with killing their enemy.

Anyway, no that wasn't a robot, and no it wasn't an empty suit (That was just because they cant show blood) remember Shredder said he used the sword of Tengu to topple the Tokugawa Dynasty, 4kids has done a marvelous job of straying from tha comics to do something really cool: Shredder is some sort of imortal!

This eppisodes just blew my mind, I loved it. This and Conan Obrien are the only reasons I watch network TV. It's so great that us Turtles fans have been treated with such a great new show, my childhood heros are back full force!

Anarky is offline Team Conan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    plus it was good to see those guardians in action
    i trust more light will be shed on their purpose in the season finale

Shredder did this whole soliloquoy about taking down the Tokugawa Dynasty so he's more than human, perhaps his endurance and strength come from science and sorcery. That would explain the Elementals, the cloning, and vanishing act by the Elite.

Don't count the Shredder out. His NY HQ may be broken but he's got strongholds throughout the globe.
    Sonicsgate.org :a 2-hour documentary chronicling the unique circumstances that led to the Sonics' exodus to OKC

(1967-2008) Seattle Supersonics

Dr Kain is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Did I miss something, or did Shredder really get up, grab his head, and walk away? Either way, it was cool. Are we going to find out what the hell is up with those alien-like dudes? One looks like an old woman but has a mans voice. Ofcourse, that is the same thing they did with that monster hunter lady. I think someone forgot the differences between a man and a woman.

Jundaunted is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    He lost his freaking head!?! My God!

That was so freaking cool, it's hilarious. Even much cooler was Shredder picking up his decapitated head. You surely wouldn't have seen anything half as cool as that in the old show.

I wonder how Karai will fit in all of this if Shredder really is an immortal being?

kaine23 is offline Gurren Brigade member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, what an episode!!
    "Name's Duo Maxwell, I may run and hide but I never tell a lie, except for that time I put itching powder in Father Maxwell's shorts, but we won't get into that."

Donato is offline Artist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainJustice
    ....Hopefully we find out more when the season 2 episodes start.....
    Best. Episode. Ever.
    I agree. Best ep yet. I yelled "HOLY SH--!" when Shredder's noggin got lopped off. I think my neighbors heard...

But one question...

These episodes aren't considered second season yet?
    --------
    TMNT!

BCVM22 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donato
    These episodes aren't considered second season yet?
    Nope. These are all still Season 1 as far as production is concerned. The Fox Box just aired them with a break for the summer.
    Rules to live by.
    Any arguments to the contrary will be subsequently mocked and possibly nya-nya'd at.

"It is my understanding that Toonami
    has a policy against zero g boobies."
    -William C. Maune

Smilies that need to be outlawed due to over/misuse:
    Be a good citizen: don't abuse the smilies.

sockhead is offline slothcommander
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Awesome episode. I think I know what Shredder's deal is. I have a fair share of the Mirage Comics, including all three parts of RTNY. But the good thing about this show is that I can't know for sure. The show stays pretty close to the comics, which is cool, but I'm glad it has a number of differences that give it it's own spin on the TMNT.

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This and Shredder Strikes Back Part 1 (Leo's solo battle against... well most of the foot I guess) are probably the two best episodes this season of course...The Search for Splinter could outdo them if it's got a great story.

Sheesh man Stockman was like the cat that came back. I'm suprised Shredder never mentioned to the turtles that they make a good team. I was really expecting that kind of cliched line. I kinda liked when he went directly for Hun, the irony indeed. When will these mad scientist learn, you have to make the joints of your incredible and "unstoppable" cyborg armor the strongest!

Gotta love Donny using the missiles... Baxter really shouldn't have told them that all the parts had a power supply. He couldn't just kept them guessing, but of course he had to gloat.

Raph used that awesome Foot vehicle again. I'm hoping you get to use it in the video game as well.

Who didn't see Splinter dissapearing? Well maybe someone who didn't know the rest of the episode titles for this season.

Tons of great fights for sure. I was cursious how 4kids would handle Leo's battle with Shredder. Well done IMO. I figured he'd get up somehow but dang man Leo took the helmet off on a Saturday morning cartoon! And people say 4kids is strict on editing (okay well maybe for some of the animes they dub but Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh!'s major edits are due to KWB's standards not just 4kids).

Casey and April hugged... come on now everyone "aaaaw it's a Kodak moment"

Woohoo those guardians can kick some butt!

Gotta love that frame at the end of the battle with the TMNT standing infront of the flames.

Like I said before, GREAT episode. It's gonna be hard to top (but still possible).

Do you like making Fantasy Schedules? Come check out Elsewhere

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ya know this makes me wonder, when is Shredder going to come back in season 2?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast