Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    DianaGohan is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

South Park "Fat Butt and Pancake Head" Episode Review (Spoliers)

Like This Thread!

Click here to review the newest South Park episode that's going to air 10:00 p.m tonight on Comedey Central. Appearently, it's going to have Jennifer Lopez and her boyfriend in it, so prepare for some J-Lo Spoofing.

(Note: I never did get to review last week's episode. I give it a B+. Even though it was fairly late it did have a lot of revleance to today's ideals about going to war, but it wasn't really that funny).

Nin-Nin69 is offline [CUE SQUEALING FANGIRLS]
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So if Cartman was sane all that time, then did he purposly do what I think he did with Ben Afleck?

Artemis is offline For Great Justice!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That was weird. I mean...not the usual kind of "weird" I'd expect from South Park, but....I can't explain it. Just "weird."
    "The advance is hip right now, but the original has a place in my heart, unlike pocket which only had the plastic grey, though color had killer appies for things like the sewing machine, not much use for virtual anymore, huh."

JTurner954 is offline Paradigm City, USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That episode was so random, so ridiculous, and no doubt offensive. But so what? It was hilarious!!!

They take shots at everybody and it was constantly funny (Affleck admitting he has no talent, music industry making dumb decisions, every JLo song sounding the same). And the end result with JLo working at fast food was great; to think I actually knew people with that kind of attitude when I worked there. Man I hate fast food ... but I love spoofs.

Overall grade: A

The Landstander is offline Thanks ants. Thants.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm with JTurner on this one. This one was just plain funny...not for any specific reason, it was just so random, weird and at times disgusting (particularly J. Lo and Ben in the car) that I just found myself laughing throughout the whole thing. Everything from the opening Cultural Day discussion to Cartman and J. Lo (hand)'s dream to the entire Ben Affleck thing to the ending at the fast food place was hilarious. This is one of the best South Parks I've seen. A+
    ~_~

TnAdct1 is offline !!!!!!!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tonight's episode was definitely the best episode of the season so far, and there's one main reason for that: Cartman's Jennifer Lopez hand puppet. Throughout the entire episode, Jennifer Lopez (the hand puppet) keep me laughing, whether it's her stereotypical interest in tacos (a la Polly Prissypants Selma Hyack in Cat Orgy) or her sucking on Ben's "you-know-where".

Joe Klemm

wrenchien is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TnAdct1
    Tonight's episode was definitely the best episode of the season so far, and there's one main reason for that: Cartman's Jennifer Lopez hand puppet. Throughout the entire episode, Jennifer Lopez (the hand puppet) keep me laughing, whether it's her stereotypical interest in tacos (a la Polly Prissypants Selma Hyack in Cat Orgy) or her sucking on Ben's "you-know-where".

Joe Klemm
    and it's hard to believe cartman planned this....

i almost wish they would have cut off cartman's hand at the end , though...

best this season....

JTurner954 is offline Paradigm City, USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenchien
    i almost wish they would have cut off cartman's hand at the end , though...
    Yeah, I thought it would be cool if they did that, Cartman grabbed JLo's chainsaw, and have a "Evil Dead" spoof thrown in there.

Shnay is offline Ne'er-Do-Well
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My favorite line was, "Alright, we finished three songs. Man, this kind of music is so easy to write."

It's so stupid it's funny. The sterotypes were stuff you'd expect to hear from a kid like Cartman (limited solely to "Hispanics love tacos"). The Ben Affleck..."love scenes" were the kind of gross-out humor that SP does so well (and it actually worked here, unlike in some of this season's other episodes). And the music industry stuff was good, but I thought it could have been a lot better (there's so much material to work with).

My only real complaint is that the ending (Cartman revealing his plan and laughing at them) was made much too obvious beforehand. I would have liked it better if his mental state remained a mystery until the very end.

Ultimately, though, the episode's sheer ridiculousness worked just right. This could have easily been really bad, but they pulled it off.
    Toon Zone Book Club: Now reading Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov.
    Give a hoot, read a book.

shogunthethird is offline Monk-daddy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    stupid, random, gross and yet hilarious, I swear this one bordered on Invader Zim-level insanity, and in retrospect the whole "TACOS" thing reminded me of my favorite malfuctioning defect, Gir
    still not the greatest epsiode but definitely in the top 20
    Asian male, single, religious...seeks multiple women to bear his children....contact Miroku for details

The Dork Knight is offline The saddles do what now?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Funny episode. But one thing was missing. Why did'nt they kill Kenny in this one?

- The Dork Knight

Mynd Hed is offline Holy blue on a popo!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I guess I'm the only one who didn't really like this one. It just seemed kind of... bland, like they were just going through the motions. I thought Cartman's hand as Jennifer Lopez and everyone taking it so seriously was kind of a one-note joke; it was as funny as it was ever going to be the first time, but then they just kept it going through the whole episode. Maybe it's just because Lopez is such an easy target... yeah, she's got no talent, yes she's supposedly got a bad attitude, it's old news, move on to something fresh. The episode had a high point or two, but overall it didn't impress me. In fact, I'd rate it as the WORST episode of the new season. I don't think I laughed out loud once the whole episode. The most it got out of me was a subdued chuckle or two. And, as someone else pointed out, the ending was really, really predictable.

Overall Grade: D+

Oh, and Dork Knight, I don't think they've killed Kenny once since they brought him back to life after he died in the stem cell episode. I heard that the reason Park and Stone decided to kill him off semi-permanently in the first place was because they were tired of killing him every episode, so I guess they just decided to treat him like a normal character from now on and not kill him every episode. Personally, I think that's a good decision, because I think Kenny's a great character in his own right who doesn't need to rely on that tired old running gag as a crutch in order to be funny. I think it'd be kind of neat if they still kill him off every once in a while, maybe only once a season, but I'm glad they're not killing him every episode like they used to.

David Lucas is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've remained silent until now, but this episode was horrible. I'm not sure why so many enjoyed it so thoroughly, at least I have one in the same boat as me. You know how I can tell when something is reallllly bad? When I hear a song that I hate but can't stop singing. That damn I love you ben cause tacos are yummy yummy blah blah is stuck in my head now.

Not to mention that they showed wayyyy too much off Affleck for my tastes, would't the mom have jumped on him. I mean he's Ben freakin Affleck, shes banged Jimbo for chrissakes. The episode had its moments, granted, although I saw the Ben Affleck BJ in the car joke coming as soon as they GOT in the car.

One a side note, it might be from a movie before it, but I really liked Mitch Connor's last line.

"That cyanide pill I took should just about be taking effect......look, the sun is setting......I wonder........will I dream?"

Sounded like somethin off of Bebop, not SP. Overall Trey and Matt, this wasn't your best work, but at least someone is giving J. Lo negative feedback. I swear, the world thinks she's a god or something. When Jamie Foxx said "I knew her before she was J. Lo, back when she was just 'Hey ho.'" and the half the crowd started making like a booing/awee sound.

1) The woman can not sing for the life of her.
    2) Unless Kevin Smith has a magical acting monkey, every movie she's been in has blown so hard I can't even make a witty remark.
    3) Her ass is NOT that big! I come from South Florida, I've seen asses 3 times that size and every time it's been one of the most spiritual moments of my life, as those wonderful asses prove that God's up there and he loves me.

.....ugh, must sleep now. Too tired.

"In an universe where nothing that we do matters, the only thing that matters is what we do."

Chris Sanders MSX is offline The MAN is back
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    JLO's ass was big when she was in Selena but even then it wasn't that big. I never got what the big deal was myself.

Anyway I loved this episode. The Ben Affleck Hand job thing was great, sure I saw it coming but Cartman's reaction was just priceless. It was just pure funny.

-Chris Sanders... check the video, yo
    IF YOU LIKE POKEMON, YOU'LL LOVE THIS VIDEO
    FREE NERD RAP ALBUM
    AVAILABLE ON MY WEBSITE

Drachentöter is offline Good night. And good luck.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This was hilarious! Much better than last week's episode. I think J. Lo's character was portrayed just as she deserves. And Cartman's J. Lo had some of the best songs...

"I love you almost as much as....TACOS. Mm, Tacos in my tummy...."

The entire Ben Affleck thing was disgusting, but it's typical South Park goodness. This is the kind of social commentary I love to watch.

"Eww, Ben Affleck's spooge!"
    "But what is the difference between literature and journalism? Journalism is unreadable and literature is not read. That is all." - Oscar Wilde

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Love truth, and pardon error." - Voltaire

aftertheomega.blogspot.com

robert is offline Member
    The City of Brotherly Love{need I say more?}
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well I don't have as much to complain about as the last two eps, and so much for the possibility of having two eps in a row that took things too seriously. Most of "J-Lo's" antics and the Affleck stuff[especially his line about having no talent]were the highlights, but though this was an improvement it's still nowhere near a classic. IMO we haven't had a real standout instant classic episode this year, unlike last year when we had A**pen, Professor Chaos, Simpsons Did It, and the Lord of the Rings ones. Cancelled and Krazy Kripples have come closest to that so far, but I wouldn't put them among the all time best. Still, there are two weeks left and I'm pretty sure what the plots of the next two weeks will be[it's the only ones that were mentioned in the Season 7 press release that haven't been used yet]so maybe we'll end this section of the season on a high note.
    And does anyone else think that it's getting old having Kyle, and Stan, or both Stan and Kyle have nothing to do but be the straightman/voice of reason to the insanity? Granted, that's what they do all the time, but it's getting a bit overdone this year for me with them both being wet blankets last week[though of course Kyle saying he hates the town was hilarious]and this week with Kyle's running commentary on the stupidity of the hand. Maybe they should at least give Kenny something to do in the last two eps since he seems to be immortal now.

Mynd Hed is offline Holy blue on a popo!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    And does anyone else think that it's getting old having Kyle, and Stan, or both Stan and Kyle have nothing to do but be the straightman/voice of reason to the insanity? Granted, that's what they do all the time, but it's getting a bit overdone this year for me with them both being wet blankets last week[though of course Kyle saying he hates the town was hilarious]and this week with Kyle's running commentary on the stupidity of the hand. Maybe they should at least give Kenny something to do in the last two eps since he seems to be immortal now.
    Yeah, I hadn't really noticed that, but now that you mention it, I think it's kind of dragging the show down. Granted, Stan and Kyle have each played the "straight man" plenty of times before this season, but lately they just seem to have nothing to DO. In the first couple seasons we had stuff like Stan trying to stand up to his older sister and Kyle dealing with his brother. Now it's sort of become The Cartman Show, when it's not the "Watch the Writers Try Desperately to Contrive a Way to Involve These Four Boys in Some Vague Tangential Way with the Real Story We Want to Tell About Politics and/or Celebrities" Show.

Shnay is offline Ne'er-Do-Well
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd agree that this is nowhere near a classic episode. But I've sort of lowered my expectations. I don't think we're going to see any more episodes that live up to the earlier seasons. And, while this was far from great, it was good enough for a newer episode.

But what made it good at all? Well, for me, it just barely avoided being really stupid, and crossed over into stupid-funny. All the criticisms given are valid, and I noticed all of those things, too. But I just thought that this episode was so ridiculously stupid that it just worked for me. It wasn't anything great, but for a newer episode, it was certainly passible.

I'd agree with the lack of good parts for Stan, Kyle, and Kenny. This is probably because they have to rely more and more on weirder stories (as the Simpsons have) and it's harder to put Stan, Kyle, or Kenny into a "wacky" context, whereas they can easily put Cartman into one.
    Toon Zone Book Club: Now reading Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov.
    Give a hoot, read a book.

Thundercleese is offline .......holders
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh my god this episode was classic. My all time favorite episode EVER! There were some awesome lines.

"I've been meaning to write a song about it but I have no talent"

"We've got 3 songs done already. This type of music requires no thought at all"

And the songs were great.

"You almost make me forget about tacooooos in my tummy yummy yummy give me more"

12/10. What an episode.
    I like that that happened- Space Ghost

Yuss is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That was a weird episode indeed... as others have said, it was just so random it barely missed being stupid and crossed over into hilariously stupid. I wonder what they were smoking with this one...

8/10

"SPICIER!"

~B+:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast