0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

2 7.41%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Condiment King is offline custom user title
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles "Meet Casey Jones" Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!
    Today at 10:30 am, the Fox Box airs the TMNT episode, Meet Casey Jones. Here's the talkback.

Raphael is a little cooped up underground with only his brothers and Master Splinter. When Raphael almost clobbers Michelangelo in some brotherly sparring, it's pretty apparent that Raphael needs to get out — let off a little steam. But, when he meets up with Casey Jones, a vigilante erring a little to the right of justice, Raphael must face the reality of his own hothead ways. Luckily, the two hotheads learn to work together when they find themselves in a Purple Dragons' trap set specifically for Casey in the dark, desolate wilds of Central Park.

[taken from 4Kids Entertainment Press Release]

Comments?
    "Leaping Lanny and Randy Savage are brothers, and Randy Savage, your name is Randy Poffo. THAT'S RIGHT, RANDY POFFO. You're ashamed of going around calling yourself Poffo so you probably got the name Savage because you're ashamed of putting yourself on the same level as your brother because he is much better than you are. YOUR BROTHER IS A HUMAN BEING. YOU'RE NOTHING BUT A SCUMBAG. THAT'S WHAT YOU ARE; YOU'RE A DOG. YOUR NAME IS POFFO." - Ronnie Garvin to Randy Savage, ICW Wrestling, 1980.

Chris Sanders MSX is offline The MAN is back
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Raph almost killed Mikey! That was awesomely intense.It looks like Raph has a berserker mode. So far I'm loving the episode but I'm not digging Casey Jone's voice or his line delivery.

I can deal with it though. Because things got better after the second commercial. These actors are new to the characters I guess it'll take me as well as them time to get used to stuff.

Still I really really like this episode especially the last couple of minutes, "I'm the pretty one" "Only a 6 Raph ?" .."It's all I got bro"
    "Uh Oh"

Most quoteable 4 minutes of my life.
    Last edited by Chris Sanders MSX; 03-01-2003 at 11:03 AM.

-Chris Sanders... check the video, yo
    IF YOU LIKE POKEMON, YOU'LL LOVE THIS VIDEO
    FREE NERD RAP ALBUM
    AVAILABLE ON MY WEBSITE

Dub
    Dub is offline BOB-OMB!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I like this episode a LOT but I'm in agreement about Casey's line delivery. It is off tremendously, but I give him time to get better.

I will say that do prefer a COHERENT Casey to the nutjob in TMNT G1. ^_^ I'll put in more input when the ep finishes.

Dub's Not-So-Sexy Signature: Version 2.0!

http://chipandwalter.cartoonsdammit.com - Comics and blogs and artwork: OH MY!

Rurouni is offline Cold as Ice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Another great episode. It's going to take a while to get used to Casey's voice though, Elias Koteas' performance from the movies is hard to top for me. That murderous look in Raphael's eyes when he was sparring with Mike was chilling. Funniest part of the episode was Leo doing his split kick three times, don't see him showing off like that too often.

I don't think there's any doubt that this is the best cartoon on Saturday mornings now.
    Last edited by Rurouni; 03-01-2003 at 11:38 AM.
    -Rurouni

"It's my role in life to be the world's punching bag."-Urashima Keitaro

sockhead is offline slothcommander
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yay, we got to see Raph use his motorcycle! Good episode in my opinion. And yeah, Casey's voice will take a little time to get used to, but it was the same way with the TMNT's new voices and I'm already used to them.

Space Cadet is offline I'M SWEATING
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Today was a very good episode. I'm surprised 4Kids allowed Rapheal to almost kill Mike. How accurate was this episode to the comics?

Simpler Simon is offline Always in Style
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Another great episode here. They finally build the battle shell and shell cycle, and there was ample character development for Raph. Great to see him and Casey go at it like that.

Yeah, Casey's voice sounds off - actually I think him, April, and Baxter all sound a little too typical saturday-morning cartoonish. Too bad they couldn't borrow Andrea Romano to cast the voices. The turtles and splinter, however, sound dead on.

What's the deal with the elevator? Was it made kinda alien-looking just to be cool, or is this something from the comics that'll be expanded on?

Sharklady is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    > It looks like Raph has a berserker mode. <

That's an element *straight* out of the original comics.

> How accurate was this episode to the comics? <

It's close to being a direct lift from the issue that introduced Casey Jones. They just padded out the plot a bit.

Chris Sanders MSX is offline The MAN is back
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by CaptainJustice

Yeah, Casey's voice sounds off - actually I think him, April, and Baxter all sound a little too typical saturday-morning cartoonish. Too bad they couldn't borrow Andrea Romano to cast the voices. The turtles and splinter, however, sound dead on.

April sounds almost just like her old voice and Baxter...well yeah he sounds stereotypical but that's not really a bad thing. I'ma ctually used to Casey's voice now (afterw atching the episodea agin on tape) it's just his dilevery that was off during his first couple of scenes.

-Chris Sanders... check the video, yo
    IF YOU LIKE POKEMON, YOU'LL LOVE THIS VIDEO
    FREE NERD RAP ALBUM
    AVAILABLE ON MY WEBSITE

GreenLegend Ran is offline Jedi Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I thought todays episode was great, caseys voice is a little off but that didnt bother me much.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast