candy17 is offline Black, White, and Amorous
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Toonsylvania: The Cartoon That Saturday Morning Forgot

Like This Thread!
    Does anyone remember this show? My God, it's like one minute, FOX aired this cartoon (along with "Goosebumps" and "Eerie, Indiana) and the next, it's gone and replaced with yet another season of Power Rangers.

The only thing I remember are those cartoon shorts with Igor (voiced by Wayne Knight), Dr. Vic (voiced by David Warner), and the Frankenstein monster (voiced by Brad Garrett) and the ones about this mean little girl named Melissa Screech (voiced by Nancy "Bart Simpson" Cartwright), but I don't remember any memorable scenes or episodes.

IMO, this show was hilarious and I hope someday, CN or syndication will pick it up and air the episodes.
    People may not appreciate my non-stop swearing and farting, but I'm not going to give up on this South Park Diet until I start seeing some results!--Brian Simaneck

Book-burning is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to think of it as "English lit."--Larry Hollister

Lonestarr is offline Stop eating my sesame cake!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Bless you! I used to love this show.

Some of the stuff I remember:

- an episode when this cute doll was trying to kill Igor and Phil

- an episode of "Night of the Living Fred" (about a family of zombies; created by Mike Peters) where the Deadmans go on a Hawaiian vacation and end up captured by a native tribe who wants to have them for dinner. The language of the tribe was hilarious; just like the Bushrats on Taz-Mania.

That's from off the top of my head.

I'd love to see this show again.
    I feel that a big problem with today's society is that we don't listen to our fellow man -- especially when I'm talking.
    "Never be afraid to borrow from those wiser than yourself." - Mr. Jimmy (voice of David Arquette) on "Pelswick"
    "What do I care what some yahoo like Lonestarr posts on the internet?" - President Skroob (voice of Mel Brooks) on "Spaceballs: the Series"
    Links in a chain: DeviantArt | Fanfiction.net | Mr. Cellophane

Samurai Rocko is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes this is one of the best cartoons I've seen.

candy17 is offline Black, White, and Amorous
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Requiem For An Unknown Cartoon

[QUOTE]
    Originally posted by Lonestarr
    [B]Bless you! I used to love this show.
    Anything to help.

Some of the stuff I remember:

-an episode when this cute doll was trying to kill Igor and Phil
    I semi-remember that episode. It's called "Darla Doily: Demon Doll"
    Last edited by candy17; 11-15-2002 at 01:26 PM.
    People may not appreciate my non-stop swearing and farting, but I'm not going to give up on this South Park Diet until I start seeing some results!--Brian Simaneck

Book-burning is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to think of it as "English lit."--Larry Hollister

pabcool is offline drink. more. smoothie.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah... I Remember... Another Good But Forgoten Cartoon Was Sam & Max: Freelance Police.
    WATCH PARANOIA AGENT

...please?

Raziel is offline The Anti-Hero of Soul Reaver
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by pabcool
    Yeah... I Remember... Another Good But Forgoten Cartoon Was Sam & Max: Freelance Police.
    nah, cartoon sucked. the video game however, had much better voices for sam and max, much more humorous, and much more raunchy.
    Placemark till i get a better signature!