Quantcast
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Lawson View Post
    The Power Rangers 2010 scenario where you sell an IP, only to have it air on a rival network anew the next year, and years later, get a movie deal with a rival studio? I don't see any entertainment business doing something like that again for at least the rest of this decade, if ever again. I can't see Nickelodeon giving up TMNT, and allowing Disney or anyone else to make money off TMNT and its marketing, especially since they were the recipients of PR from Disney's sale. I'm confident in saying Viacom would rather just sit on TMNT's IP rights for some years if it ever became unprofitable enough than sell it. What business rationale is there to sell an IP that could then be used against you, as what happened to Disney and Power Rangers?
    "Doug" would be a better example. There's no way that Disney would sell PR to Saban and NOT expect them to want to exploit the brand.
    (Insert plug here)

TheVileOne is offline Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    If the show ends, why would Nickelodeon get rid of the property. If the show runs its course, than Nickelodeon can just put it aside for a while and then just revamp it again like they did with this show. That's the thing about Ninja Turtles. It's been able to get consistently rebooted quite successfully over the last 30 years, aside of the live-action series.

Look at what Hasbro does with Transformers. Once one era or initiative runs its course, they end it and then revamp and change it up. With Nickelodeon and Ninja Turtles it will essentially be the same.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

SaneMan is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erased Paper View Post
    "Doug" would be a better example. There's no way that Disney would sell PR to Saban and NOT expect them to want to exploit the brand.
    To be fair, I don't think "Doug" was ever a profitable property

ILDC is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Power Rangers is popular, but to Disney it's a rather minor brand, especially when compared to Pixar, Marvel, and Star Wars. TMNT, on the other hand, is easily one of Nick's top franchises, partly due to covering way more than the 2012 cartoon. They have merchandising rights to the 80s show, for instance.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234