Quantcast
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    ILDC is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan_Gabriel View Post
    So, what does this mean for Wander Over Yonder?
    Craig seems prepared to replace her if the show gets renewed. He was expecting her to move on.

SaneMan is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The ShopSoldier View Post
    What productions from Disney have offended you? I'm curious to know if you have time to explain.
    actually a good chunk of the Disney Renaissance rubs me the wrong way

The Little Mermaid
    Pocahontas
    The Hunchback of Notre Dame
    were all pretty insulting to the source material, they basically took a story (in one case a real-life event), watered it down beyond any recognition, and then presented it as if it were the real thing, they turned three-dimensional characters flat for the sake of an over-simplified "good vs evil" narrative, and they completely abandoned a story's message for the sake of a saccharine happy ending
    Hercules was goofy enough to get a pass, but it just wasn't a good movie

The ShopSoldier is online now DISGRACEULLY Beating People Up
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    With what you've bravely pointed out, SaneMan - more and more, I wish people would STOP IT ALREADY with thinking "All Animation is Disney"... Because this movie sounds it's going to do more than anger people aware of such slaps in the face like some of those examples you mentioned. After all, Faust in no miracle worker.
    http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...er-d7z3tj2.png
    BEWARE PANDERING ALWAYS. It leads to fascism.

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical." - Thomas Jefferson

HG Revolution is offline Truth (with crazy opinions!)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    With what you've bravely pointed out, SaneMan - more and more, I wish people would STOP IT ALREADY with thinking "All Animation is Disney"... Because this movie sounds it's going to do more than anger people aware of such slaps in the face like some of those examples you mentioned. After all, Faust in no miracle worker.
    Really? How is it going to anger people? It's clearly a parody rather than a Disneyfication. The Greeks parodied their own myths all the time. Don't see the issue here.
    Please donate to help with my senior project for school: my senior project! https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/t...ical/x/1210328
    My blog: http://the-lfb.com/author/rbaron/

SaneMan is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I do think this one does have a chance to work if they go far enough in the comedic direction.
    Make it obvious that this is a parody, rather than the actual thing
    unlike other projects
    Last edited by SaneMan; 06-14-2014 at 11:12 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123