Page 32 of 101 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334353637383940414282 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 1001
  1. #311
    MadMan400096's Avatar
    MadMan400096 is offline Half-Elf Maid
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Chicopee, Massachusetts,
    Posts
    1,540
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Kids4EverFandom View Post
    So Saban possibly purchasing a UK TV Network, Vortexx might be Expanding Worldwide. i guess it kinda makes sense. I bet the reason why they haven't gotten new shows or shown new Zexal Promos was because to save money for expanding worldwide. But this is just simply a guess, but it would seem that they are taking break from that due to this possible/pontential worldwide expansion.
    I should probably note that the company listed is Saban Capital Group, not Saban Brands. The former owns the latter, sure, but consider that despite being under the same umbrella, Univision has nothing to do with anything Vortexx or any other Saban Brands properties do, and I highly doubt Vortexx is getting any financial help from Univision's increasingly huge profits, so there's a chance Channel 5 wouldn't actually go under Saban Brands. Even if it did, though, one also should consider the fact that much bigger companies are involved, so we can't even be positive Saban will even win the bid.

  2. #312
    gmster's Avatar
    gmster is offline Delicious.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,015
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Kids4EverFandom View Post
    So Saban possibly purchasing a UK TV Network, Vortexx might be Expanding Worldwide. i guess it kinda makes sense. I bet the reason why they haven't gotten new shows or shown new Zexal Promos was because to save money for expanding worldwide. But this is just simply a guess, but it would seem that they are taking break from that due to this possible/pontential worldwide expansion.
    They're not going to convert it to a Vortexx channel. Channel 5 is a major terrestrial network in the UK. That would be a like foreign company buying out NBC and making it a kids network. It's not going to happen.

    In the rare chance that Saban wins the bid, they'll operate it like a normal general entertainment network.

  3. #313
    DonkeyKongSong's Avatar
    DonkeyKongSong is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,729
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Takao View Post
    Magi-Nation needs to return and air that second season in the E/I hour.
    I know. Considering that it didn't even finish on THIS TV and it hasn't been seen at all on other networks, it will be new to many kids. And since DHX Media owns it now, I'm surprised Saban didn't spring for that instead of that one awful show that I'm sure we'd all like to forget. I'm sure most of us, even though who didn't care for Magi-Nation, would have rather have that over that other show. Season 1 was overplayed on Toonzai, sure, but Season 2 would be worth it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Light Lucario View Post
    I vaguely remember MetaJets,
    I'm not surprised you vaguely remember it. Cartoon Network started it by airing a 5-hour marathon on the 4th of July, then ran it exclusively at 6am weekdays and threw it away without making a single advertisement or giving it a single rerun. It's only aired there and on THIS TV.

    I remember seeing some of Spider Riders on Kids' WB. I didn't care much for it, but I think it could fit on the lineup fairly well and there wouldn't be too much problems with edits most likely.
    I've seen the whole thing a long time ago. I don't remember any major deaths or anything, or any real nudity, so I'm sure it would be unscathed.

  4. #314
    Gold Guy's Avatar
    Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,535
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've seen the whole Spider Riders show, and there is nothing to edit. Kids WB already edited anything troublesome. I daresay it has less content than, say, Tai Chi Chasers.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

    "What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

  5. #315
    Looney Tunes Fan's Avatar
    Looney Tunes Fan is offline Classic Cartoon Fan!!!!
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nickelodeon City,U.S,A.
    Posts
    780
    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh for the love of-they're seriously re-running Bolts and Blip? After Bolts and Blip finishes all I'll be watching on this block is Yu-Gi-Oh ZEXAL. That's pretty disappointing that everything but that is re-runs.
    I love classic cartoons!!
    If you're a fan of classic cartoons, please visit The IAD Forums! It's the place to talk and chat about your favorite cartoons! Run by eutychus, this site has brought back a bunch of GAC members, and some toonzone members are over there too! Check it out today!: http://www.intanibase.com/forum/index.php

  6. #316
    Light Lucario's Avatar
    Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a Dream World
    Posts
    16,557
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Looney Tunes Fan View Post
    Oh for the love of-they're seriously re-running Bolts and Blip? After Bolts and Blip finishes all I'll be watching on this block is Yu-Gi-Oh ZEXAL. That's pretty disappointing that everything but that is re-runs.
    Technically, Digimon Fusion is airing new episodes on the block. Granted, they've already aired on Nicktoons, but not too many people get that channel. So, they're new in the same vein that the second season of Spectacular Spider-Man was new. It doesn't make up for how weak the lineup is though.

  7. #317
    Looney Tunes Fan's Avatar
    Looney Tunes Fan is offline Classic Cartoon Fan!!!!
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nickelodeon City,U.S,A.
    Posts
    780
    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Lucario View Post
    Technically, Digimon Fusion is airing new episodes on the block. Granted, they've already aired on Nicktoons, but not too many people get that channel. So, they're new in the same vein that the second season of Spectacular Spider-Man was new. It doesn't make up for how weak the lineup is though.
    True, but considering they've aired on Nicktoons before I didn't really count them as new. But I do see your point, considering very few people have Nicktoons.
    I love classic cartoons!!
    If you're a fan of classic cartoons, please visit The IAD Forums! It's the place to talk and chat about your favorite cartoons! Run by eutychus, this site has brought back a bunch of GAC members, and some toonzone members are over there too! Check it out today!: http://www.intanibase.com/forum/index.php

  8. #318
    aegisrawks is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Paraguays
    Posts
    2,176
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gmster View Post
    They're not going to convert it to a Vortexx channel. Channel 5 is a major terrestrial network in the UK. That would be a like foreign company buying out NBC and making it a kids network. It's not going to happen.

    In the rare chance that Saban wins the bid, they'll operate it like a normal general entertainment network.
    You are right, LOL!

    In his defense I think he might have meant putting Vortexx on Channel 5's kids schedule.

  9. #319
    Light Lucario's Avatar
    Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a Dream World
    Posts
    16,557
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Looney Tunes Fan View Post
    True, but considering they've aired on Nicktoons before I didn't really count them as new. But I do see your point, considering very few people have Nicktoons.
    They're new to the CW, so that technically makes them new in a way.

  10. #320
    DonkeyKongSong's Avatar
    DonkeyKongSong is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,729
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Looney Tunes Fan View Post
    True, but considering they've aired on Nicktoons before I didn't really count them as new. But I do see your point, considering very few people have Nicktoons.
    Yeah, the kind of thing I consider a rerun at this point is something that's aired on a widely available network recently. Technically, the block has been mostly reruns since it started, but some of us are disappointed now because when it started, and even when the fall schedule started, it had a bunch of episodes new in some way. On the fall 2013 schedule, only Sonic X, Rescue Heroes, JLU, and Yu-Gi-Oh! DM were nothing but reruns. I counted TSSM as a rerun but that hadn't been seen in awhile so it doesn't really count (Bolts and Blip was only viewable to DirecTV subscribers, B-Daman and ZEXAL were new anyway, not too many people have Nicktoons for DBZ Kai and even fewer people have The Hub for Chuck and Friends).

    I was disappointed when Sonic X got another run because of how mediocre its ratings were when we last saw, and Bolts and Blip which was basically in the same boat as well. It's even less understandable for the latter, since Saban owns Sonic X and basically has free run of it. Bolts and Blip is a third party show, and last we saw, I think B-Daman Crossfire, which they rushed through and threw away immediately, was actually doing better than both (though that MIGHT have been among total viewers). Because of that, I thought B&B would be gone too, especially since I'd imagine it being more expensive to keep than B-Daman.

    I'd been defending the block against naysayers, but I might just have to stop because this is just ridiculous. Usually I give ratings as an excuse, but that doesn't even make sense here. Of course, it's possible Sonic X and Bolts and Blip have been improving lately, but we wouldn't know because of... forget it, I've said it enough times.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 
toonzone quick jump
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO