Search the Site:
Loading...
Follow Us:
Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 706
  1. #361
    PokemonTVDub is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    312
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    Actually, FUNimation is NOT producing the dub for Kai. They never have. The recordings for Kai have always been recorded at Christopher Sabat's personal studio, Okra-Tron 5000.

    So no, Sabat and FUNimation and whoever else aren't lying.
    You're right about it being recorded at Okra-Tron 5000, but I'm pretty sure FUNimation plays a major part in the production as well. The credits list "English Version By: FUNimation Entertainment". If it was solely produced by Okra-Tron 5000, we wouldn't see FUNimation's logo anywhere on it. They may not be the studio dubbing it, but they still play a big role in the production, so i definitely don't think Sabat's using a loophole in his latest statement.

  2. #362
    aegisrawks is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Paraguays
    Posts
    2,080
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You are macattack are right. We are probably not seeing the dub until much later on...

  3. #363
    DonkeyKongSong's Avatar
    DonkeyKongSong is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,584
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Based on what I've heard about FUNimation's staff, this could all be a hoax. I'd believe they're dubbing it. I don't really pay much attention to anime dub staffs, but the one time I did, I've learned from experience to take it with a grain of salt.

    On a side note, the part on the Vortexx site about the double Spectacular Spider-Man is gone.

  4. #364
    aegisrawks is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Paraguays
    Posts
    2,080
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think Vortexx should get an ASK.com account to interact more with fans. We should suggest that to them.

  5. #365
    macattack's Avatar
    macattack is offline I see you!
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,529
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMan400096 View Post
    By the way, macattack, since you're a writer, think you could get a representative for an interview on Vortexx, just to clear up details on the block's goals and future?
    Ed Liu is the one who would get that set up, I'll ask him if an interview is possible.

    Quote Originally Posted by PokemonTVDub View Post
    You're right about it being recorded at Okra-Tron 5000, but I'm pretty sure FUNimation plays a major part in the production as well. The credits list "English Version By: FUNimation Entertainment". If it was solely produced by Okra-Tron 5000, we wouldn't see FUNimation's logo anywhere on it. They may not be the studio dubbing it, but they still play a big role in the production, so i definitely don't think Sabat's using a loophole in his latest statement.
    Well, it is basically a case of "exact words" as MadMan said. FUNimation is producing the release of Kai, but Okra-Tron 5000 is in charge of producing the dub for FUNimation. It's not like a typical FUNimation in-house dub.
    There's a million ways to hush my voice
    And a million ways to kill my thoughts
    Maybe I'm all that you fear
    I'm a stargazer
    My eyes see differently - Blood Stain Child; "Stargazer"

  6. #366
    aegisrawks is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Paraguays
    Posts
    2,080
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Please do it macttack!

  7. #367
    Ryan Neely's Avatar
    Ryan Neely is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    231
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Spectacular Spider-Man must have done pretty well on Vortexx, because now they're releasing it on Blu-Ray.

  8. #368
    Light Lucario's Avatar
    Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a Dream World
    Posts
    15,807
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Neely View Post
    The Spectacular Spider-Man must have done pretty well on Vortexx, because now they're releasing it on Blu-Ray.
    That was probably in the stages for quite some time, so I don't know if its ratings on the Vortexx would have factored into it. Still, that is pretty cool.

  9. #369
    PokemonTVDub is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    312
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aegisrawks View Post
    You are macattack are right. We are probably not seeing the dub until much later on...
    If you had kept reading, you would have seen me and macattack were BOTH right. No one was wrong.

  10. #370
    aegisrawks is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Paraguays
    Posts
    2,080
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I know that no one was wrong.

  11. #371
    Light Lucario's Avatar
    Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a Dream World
    Posts
    15,807
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Konami had a Q&A session earlier this week. While it didn't reveal too much, their response to the second question raised a couple of flags: Konami Answers Your Questions: 2014

    So, it's look like Arc-V isn't guaranteed to air this year after all. There's still a chance that it will since they haven't decided yet, but the fact that they have plan to even delay it a year from the original airing is not a good sign at all. At first, I thought that it was the price of getting a complete Zexal dub, but then I thought that wouldn't make any sense. After all, delaying a new series that promotes new cards in favor of an older series getting a complete run sounds strange, especially when they have the financial resources to handle both dubs at the same time and they already said that it would come out this year on their website. It might be due to some conflict with getting it on the Vortexx if they can't swap the DM reruns for Arc-V. Considering how the block has been on autopilot for awhile and they haven't taken advantage of their own library, three slots for Yu-Gi-Oh! series doesn't sound bad at all, but I'm obvious bias.

    If they provide legal subs at a much faster rate than what happened with Zexal, then I'd probably be more okay with the dub situation. At least they're looking into getting Duel Carnival into other regions. While I'm not a fan of Zexal, I'd love a Yu-Gi-Oh! game for the 3DS.

  12. #372
    aegisrawks is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Paraguays
    Posts
    2,080
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is going to be a loooong year then.

  13. #373
    Ed Liu's Avatar
    Ed Liu is online now Come to our macaroni party
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Princeton Jct, NJ
    Posts
    6,055
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMan400096 View Post
    By the way, macattack, since you're a writer, think you could get a representative for an interview on Vortexx, just to clear up details on the block's goals and future?
    Jumping in quickly since macattack brought this to my attention. There's an immediate practical issue that I don't have any contacts at Saban Entertainment, and even my contacts at the CW are long stale. We just haven't had much need to talk to the main broadcast networks regularly since the majority of TV animation is happening on cable networks now.

    Over and above that, though, there's the question of what exactly I'd be able to ask if I did get a hold of someone, and what kind of answers I'd get. A general question about the block's goals and future are almost certainly not going to get any kind of satisfying answer. If the block is about to die, I doubt anybody is going to be willing to say so on the record, which means we'd be getting PR doublespeak and dodged questions rather than something substantive. If the block is not about to die, I still don't know that they'd be willing to tell us something without announcing it publicly instead -- it seems that there's no competitive advantage and significant corporate disadvantage to not making your strategy clear if you're perceived to be in trouble. I'd wager that my request for an interview along those lines would be met with a diplomatic silence.
    Edward Liu | Disney Forum moderator | Toon Zone News Interviews Editor

    "It ain't so much the things we don't know that get us into trouble. It's the things we know that just ain't so."
    -- Josh Billings

  14. #374
    MadMan400096's Avatar
    MadMan400096 is offline Social Outcast
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Chicopee, Massachusetts,
    Posts
    1,416
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Liu View Post
    Jumping in quickly since macattack brought this to my attention. There's an immediate practical issue that I don't have any contacts at Saban Entertainment, and even my contacts at the CW are long stale. We just haven't had much need to talk to the main broadcast networks regularly since the majority of TV animation is happening on cable networks now.

    Over and above that, though, there's the question of what exactly I'd be able to ask if I did get a hold of someone, and what kind of answers I'd get. A general question about the block's goals and future are almost certainly not going to get any kind of satisfying answer. If the block is about to die, I doubt anybody is going to be willing to say so on the record, which means we'd be getting PR doublespeak and dodged questions rather than something substantive. If the block is not about to die, I still don't know that they'd be willing to tell us something without announcing it publicly instead -- it seems that there's no competitive advantage and significant corporate disadvantage to not making your strategy clear if you're perceived to be in trouble. I'd wager that my request for an interview along those lines would be met with a diplomatic silence.
    Well, they have the e-mails and phone numbers of Saban Brands contacts at the end of press releases on the site.

    As for questions, let's see...

    * Has Vortexx boosted brand awareness for The Spectacular Spider-Man enough to justify Sony's upcoming Blu-Ray release?
    * When can we expect to see Sendokai Champions make its premiere?
    * Does the representative of the Facebook and Twitter pages take consideration of the feedback from fans?
    * What is considered when selecting shows for broadcast?
    * What have been the biggest ratings successes for Vortexx?
    * What is the full relationship between the block and The CW network?

    And that's what I can think of for now. If it's not enough, I can think of more later.

  15. #375
    gmster's Avatar
    gmster is offline Delicious.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    944
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    In no particular order, just off the top of my head;

    * Why was Power Rangers abruptly taken off the block, and why hasn't it returned yet?
    * What is the target demographic for the block (K2-11, K6-11, K9-14, etc)?
    * What is the process content has to go through to be approved by network standards and practices?
    * When acquiring a third-party show for broadcast, what entails its success? Is it run until the rights expire, or does it get pulled when ratings aren't up to par?
    * Why has Saban been hesitant to put their own properties on the block, instead opting for cable channels like Nicktoons?
    * Saban has a large library of content (older Digimon and Power Rangers seasons, Big Bad Beetleborgs, VR Troopers, Masked Rider, etc). Why haven't any of them appeared on the block?
    * Is there any possibility of having new episodes of Power Rangers or Digimon premiere exclusively on the block?
    * What plans does Saban have to produce original content exclusively for the block?
    * Has there been any consideration towards launching a Vortexx-branded cable channel, or an over-the-air digital subchannel?
    * So far, has the block been a net success or loss?

  16. #376
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Greenwood,IN USA
    Posts
    432
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Also can u ask if they are planning to renew yugioh contracts after 2015/2016 year with 4k media?

    And on a side is this interview going to happen for sure?

  17. #377
    Ed Liu's Avatar
    Ed Liu is online now Come to our macaroni party
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Princeton Jct, NJ
    Posts
    6,055
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Kids4EverFandom View Post
    And on a side is this interview going to happen for sure?
    I can't guarantee anything, but I will see what I can do. The one thing I'd say for now is:

    Quote Originally Posted by MadMan400096 View Post
    * Has Vortexx boosted brand awareness for The Spectacular Spider-Man enough to justify Sony's upcoming Blu-Ray release?
    This is not something Vortexx would be able to answer meaningfully because it was Sony's decision to release the Blu-ray. However, knowing what I know about how the biz works, I would think the impending release of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was far more influential in the decision to release that Blu-ray set than TV ratings. The Blu-ray is coming in April, the week before the new movie comes out in May.

    From the ratings numbers that aegisrawks posted earlier in this thread, I'd also question whether including The Spectacular Spider-Man in the block did anything substantial to raise brand awareness of the show. In all 3 demos, they were losing out to Disney XD, and that network is generally considered a ratings disappointment.
    Edward Liu | Disney Forum moderator | Toon Zone News Interviews Editor

    "It ain't so much the things we don't know that get us into trouble. It's the things we know that just ain't so."
    -- Josh Billings

  18. #378
    aegisrawks is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Paraguays
    Posts
    2,080
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Actually, no Mr Liu. That Disney XD is failiing is a rumor spread by people who dont like the network. Its actually doing quite well. I dont like it either though.

  19. #379
    Ed Liu's Avatar
    Ed Liu is online now Come to our macaroni party
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Princeton Jct, NJ
    Posts
    6,055
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aegisrawks View Post
    Actually, no Mr Liu. That Disney XD is failiing is a rumor spread by people who dont like the network. Its actually doing quite well. I dont like it either though.
    I didn't say it was failing. I said the ratings were disappointing, meaning they're not where Disney wants them to be and well below the main Disney Channel. Those numbers also all show a substantial drop in viewers between the top performers and those below them (top 2 vs. the rest in the first two demos, and top 1 in the third), which to my mind puts a substantial dent in the argument that Vortexx raised awareness of Spectacular Spider-Man enough to prompt a home video release.
    Edward Liu | Disney Forum moderator | Toon Zone News Interviews Editor

    "It ain't so much the things we don't know that get us into trouble. It's the things we know that just ain't so."
    -- Josh Billings

  20. #380
    DonkeyKongSong's Avatar
    DonkeyKongSong is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,584
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Liu View Post
    This is not something Vortexx would be able to answer meaningfully because it was Sony's decision to release the Blu-ray. However, knowing what I know about how the biz works, I would think the impending release of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was far more influential in the decision to release that Blu-ray set than TV ratings. The Blu-ray is coming in April, the week before the new movie comes out in May.
    That's a good point. I remember X-Men: Evolution Season 3 coming out when X-Men 3: The Last Stand came out, as well as The Mummy: The Animated Series in release of the Tomb of the Dragon Emperor movie. I'm still disappointed that we didn't get Legion of Super Heroes Season 2 for Man of Steel, but that's a story for another day.

    From the ratings numbers that aegisrawks posted earlier in this thread, I'd also question whether including The Spectacular Spider-Man in the block did anything substantial to raise brand awareness of the show. In all 3 demos, they were losing out to Disney XD, and that network is generally considered a ratings disappointment.
    Quote Originally Posted by aegisrawks View Post
    Actually, no Mr Liu. That Disney XD is failiing is a rumor spread by people who dont like the network. Its actually doing quite well. I dont like it either though.
    Well, it is in fewer homes, and as we've seen before, reruns of TSSM on Vortexx were actually beating new episodes of Ultimate Spider-Man on Disney XD. Of course, that was among total viewers - among kids, the numbers may be different. But for us to know that... forget it, I already sound like a broken record.

    But yeah, but for a digital network, XD is doing very well for itself. It probably helps that it's in slightly more homes than Nicktoons or The Hub and Disney does more to promote it (though Hasbro is trying with The Hub) and try to boost its ratings rather than use it as a dumping ground or graveyard.

Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 
toonzone quick jump
This community is listed in
the mega forums index project
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO